Andrew Laine - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:09 PM
It Really Wasn't!
 
Hey Santa It Wasn't My Fault!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 15,997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
                     
Re: Andrew Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Styles View Post
Reread my post, nothing good has ever come from violence, Call of Duty is a video game that glorifies the murder of 6 million Jewish people, and you call that good? You are one sick twisted guy and should be seeing a shrink if you think the murder of innocent people is entertaining.

Next you're going to tell me that Grand Theft Auto teaches the children about what it's like in the real world. That we're all nothing more then gang-banging, car stealing, money laundering, pistol waving Italian/Russian nutjobs. Yeah because that's what the real world is like.
Call of Duty is a good game. So it's a good thing. And it exists because of World War II.

And you kill Nazis in just about every WWII. I don't think I've ever played a WWII video game where you fight as the Japanese or Germans. Nothing wrong with glorifying the killing the of Nazis.

And some of the more realistic games can be pretty educational. I mean you can learn a decent amount about the weapons of World War II and where battles were fought from playing Call of Duty.
Hey Santa It Wasn't My Fault! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
CBR
Little Poppa Pump
 
CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: A house
Posts: 2,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Andrew Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorFitz View Post
Call of Duty is a good game. So it's a good thing. And it exists because of World War II.

And you kill Nazis in just about every WWII. I don't think I've ever played a WWII video game where you fight as the Japanese or Germans. Nothing wrong with glorifying the killing the of Nazis.

And some of the more realistic games can be pretty educational. I mean you can learn a decent amount about the weapons of World War II and where battles were fought from playing Call of Duty.
You're arguing sucks, just because you think a game is good doesn't mean that the war was a good thing. Saying that would be like saying "Grand Theft Auto is a good game therefore stealing cars and beating up skanks is fun as well". No.

You kill hookers and drug dealers in Grand Theft Auto, is there nothing wrong with killing said people? It's wrong to kill anybody for any reason, why not just talking it out like adults? That's what we're taught to do growing up "If you have a problem with somebody talk it out" when we hit the age of 18 that becomes "join the army and blow their brains out of their skulls".

And don't get me started on your last paragraph, because it's just as stupid as you're coming across. Video games should not be a source used for education, that's what school is for. Nobody plays videos sayign to themselves before they pop it in "I wonder what educational information I can learn today from Call of Duty 2".


Credit: Bro

Last edited by CBR; 06-22-2010 at 03:20 PM.
CBR is offline  
post #43 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:09 PM
It Really Wasn't!
 
Hey Santa It Wasn't My Fault!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 15,997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
                     
Re: Andrew Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Styles View Post
You're arguing sucks, just because you think a game is good doesn't mean that the war was a good thing. Saying that would be like saying "Grand Theft Auto is a good game therefore stealing cars and beating up skanks is fun as well". No.

You kill hookers and drug dealers in Grand Theft Auto, is there nothing wrong with killing said people? It's wrong to kill anybody for any reason, why not just talking it out like adults? That's what we're taught to do growing up "If you have a problem with somebody talk it out" when we hit the age of 18 that becomes "join the army and blow their brains out of their skulls".

The Grand Theft Auto Games are also one of the few things good that come from organized crime, that and the end of prohibition. Even something really really bad usually creates a few good things.

And don't get me started on your last paragraph, because it's just as stupid as you're coming across. Video games should not be a source used for education, that's what school is for. Nobody plays videos sayign to themselves before they pop it in "I wonder what educational information I can learn today from Call of Duty 2".
When did I say war was good? The negatives clearly outweigh the positives but good things have come out of war, at least for the winning sides. Was COD and other games worth millions of lives? Obviously not. That doesn't mean they aren't some of the good things that came from war.

And just because you don't play a video game with the intentions of learning things doesn't mean that you won't learn anything. Of course nobody plays COD to learn about WWII but you will pick up some things about the war.

Last edited by Hey Santa It Wasn't My Fault!; 06-22-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Hey Santa It Wasn't My Fault! is offline  
post #44 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Saint 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fecal Matter
Posts: 3,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Andrew Laine

I say boo to the naysayers of COD. BOO THIS MAN!



I'm the black guy.
Saint 17 is offline  
post #45 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:19 PM
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
 
Rawlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Andrew Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Styles View Post
I have never played Call of Duty 2 as I am against war and violence in general. Nothing good has ever come from violence.
war is good for nothing except ending.....
facism
slavery
tyranny
communism
dictatorships

actually, yeah. nothing good has ever come from violence, let's bring that shit back.

cool and smooth, that's how i play.



QUIZ OF THE YEAR FIELDING & BRAND (BUT MOSTLY FIELDING) SWAG

Last edited by Rawlin; 06-22-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Rawlin is offline  
post #46 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
CBR
Little Poppa Pump
 
CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: A house
Posts: 2,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Andrew Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorFitz View Post
When did I say war was good? The negatives clearly outweigh the positives but good things have come out of war, at least for the winning sides. Was COD and other games worth millions of lives? Obviously not. That doesn't mean they aren't some of the good things that came from war.

And just because you don't play a video game with the intentions of learning things doesn't mean that you won't learn anything. Of course nobody plays COD to learn about WWII but you will pick up some things about the war.
Name something good to come out of war. Is there still world hunger? Are there still suicide bombers? Still White Supremacists? Still needless killings? Still weapons of mass destruction? So what has war done that a little talking out couldn't have done? There is nothing good at all about war, nothing.

And to the guy above me, I'm pretty sure somewhere in the world all of that is going on still, so why not go start a war, or talk it out, or even a better idea, do as a great man once said, live and let live.


Credit: Bro

Last edited by CBR; 06-22-2010 at 04:24 PM.
CBR is offline  
post #47 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:24 PM
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
 
Rawlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Andrew Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Styles View Post
Name something good to come out of war. Is there still world hunger? Are there still suicide bombers? Still White Supremacists? Still needless killings? So what has war done that a little talking out couldn't have done? There is nothing good at all about war, nothing.
two completely different points. you say nothing good comes from war, NOW you're saying nothing good can come from war that can't come from talking it out.

which means, at least you're admitting some good can come from war.

cool and smooth, that's how i play.



QUIZ OF THE YEAR FIELDING & BRAND (BUT MOSTLY FIELDING) SWAG
Rawlin is offline  
post #48 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM
...
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 28,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
                     
Re: Andrew Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlin67 View Post
war is good for nothing except ending.....
facism
slavery
tyranny
communism
dictatorships

actually, yeah. nothing good has ever come from violence, let's bring that shit back.
Communism has never existed in its true form. People just called it that when in reality it was far, far from what communism actually is.

I still have, and will always have, a problem with World War II being trivialized in a fucking video game. There was nothing "cool" or "awesome" about World War II.

EDIT: Mr.Styles the UK did try talking to the Nazis. Appeasement didn't work. The Nazis still invaded even after the talks. Chamberlain is infamously quoted as saying, "Peace in our time." or something like that after talking to Germany. World War II was unfortunately inevitable.


Last edited by MrMister; 06-22-2010 at 04:29 PM.
MrMister is offline  
post #49 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM
CBR
Little Poppa Pump
 
CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: A house
Posts: 2,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Andrew Laine

No I said nothing good can come from war, you get a bunch of angry people killing more angry people which in turns makes more people angry, who kill more people and the circle continues. Why not talk it out with them and if it doesn't work you shake hands and walk away? At least you tried without ever resulting to killing thousands upon thousands of people. And not making an enemy for the next generation of people.

Who's to say our vision of the world is the right one? If Bangkok believes that it's okay to have 5 year olds making shoes for the rest of the world, who are we to say its wrong. Hell we have children child stars and to me that's worse then that child labor as the children are known to the public, they too work long hours of a day and they too take money home to their families, so what makes that right but making shoes wrong? Hypocrisy at it's best or worse?


Credit: Bro
CBR is offline  
post #50 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Saint 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fecal Matter
Posts: 3,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Andrew Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
Communism has never existed in its true form. People just called it that when in reality it was far, far from what communism actually is.

I still have, and will always have, a problem with World War II being trivialized in a fucking video game. There was nothing "cool" or "awesome" about World War II.

EDIT: Mr.Styles the UK did try talking to the Nazis. Appeasement didn't work. The Nazis still invaded even after the talks. Chamberlain is infamously quoted as saying, "Peace in our time." or something like that after talking to Germany. World War II was unfortunately inevitable.
Other than the mass use of penicillin, but that would of happened with or without WW2. I know not many people would consider something like penicillin cool, but hey, I do.



I'm the black guy.
Saint 17 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome