Segregation/Racism down in the south - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Jumping Off Roofs
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot
However she catalanatto does have a point got pigment, you do not choose who you fall in love with, even you who think that you would date only white chick, you could fall in love with a woman from another race because you do not choose it. If you fall in love with such a woman, your convictions will fall I'm telling you. They say love is blind, so you won't care about her race, nationality or whatever, trust me.
For argument's sake, you could be right. I do think, in my case, it is a physical impossibility as I'm not attracted to non-Whites in any way. But, like they say, anything is possible. I would like to think though that even if it did happen, I would be strong enough in my convictions to "practice what I preach" otherwise, I would consider myself a hypocrite.
Got Pigment? is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Cao Cao's General of the Right
 
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Han Empire
Posts: 10,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Pigment?
Educate yourself as well. Just because you can state the facts of how our bodies produce skin color doesn't mean it relates to the conversation at hand. A person's skin color relates directly to their heritage (Since we weren't discussing culture but rather heritage). If you want to prove me wrong and say skin color isn't directly influenced by cultural heritage, find me a study where the sample is larger than 1,000 that shows that, on average, people of 100% German descent are born with a Black skin tone just as much as they are born with a White skin tone.
I was talking about Culture, in which you have stated yourself earlier in the topic, the Interracial Dating, or Multiculturalization of People of different "Races" is destroying our genetic identity. Heritage is one thing, but Culture is another thing. Heritage is more or less what you are, and Culture is where you orginated. They are nothing more than a fascade to the individual. I'm not going to prove you wrong by saying Skin Color doesn't directly influence Heritage, because you're right. Did I ever say it didn't? No.

Quote:
There is very much a such thing as a "Race of People" as you put it. Please don't try and tell me, or anyone else in this thread, that race doesn't exist. I think that may be the only thing that we will all agree on.
No, there isn't. Thats been the corrupted generalization of the whole Human Race for centuries. There are Sub-Races of people, but not a whole different race entirely based on something we cannot control. Race exists, of course, but the overall general usage of the term has been loosely corrupted by the mandate of mass society.

Quote:
This is classic. You inadvertantly have proven that you buy into stereotyping just as much as the next person. You call skin color a "shell that masks your true self" which means that, to you, a person's skin color tells you one thing about them but their personality can directly contradict that. Tell me then, how is that not the same as what you're trying to denounce?
Stereotyping? Don't you know everyone stereotypes? Of course, a person's skin color does not tell you one's inner being. It doesn't, it only exposes the exterior of the person. Just because one is of one race, doesn't mean all people are of that same influence. Once you get to the know the person, you are indefinite to know them by individual standards, not ethnic standards, which is basically what many generalize the first they see someone. You can live you life the way you want to, and I can live mine the way I want to. You tell me to not state to everyone that Race doesn't exist? Why don't you not tell everyone Interracial Dating is destroying our genetic identity? It is an opinion, and I'm pretty sure Opinions are welcome.

Its a good thing we can debate our points without insults. Its commonplace in the Rant Section, however.
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti is offline  
post #63 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Jumping Off Roofs
 
Kristov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpiece
And until we figure out why people have different skin colors there will always be, some one out there discriminating
We do know why people have different colored skin, evolution caused people to adapt to their environments by having different skin colors best suited for different regions.
Kristov is offline  
post #64 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:54 AM
GO RED WINGS
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot
I think that catalanottot is accusing you of being racist while you're not. It is ok for black and spanish people to be proud of their races but not white? I am proud of being white, not because I feel that white are superior to other races, but because I'm a fanatic of history, I look at the history of europe and north america and I am proud of what thoses countries have done.I appreciate each countries's accomplisments and culture, including the countries which I am not from. The fact that I am white however makes me feel more attracted to what "white countries" have done simply because their culture is similar to mine. In the same way that I will feel more attracted to exemple Spain rather than chinease because Spanish's lifestyle is more similar to mine than chinease. If aliens existed (thats another debate), I would feel more attracted and proud of the earth's accomplisment rather than mars. You got it?
........lol on the racist part......

I don't know what to say other than repeat myself when saying read his original post. People seem to think that a person is racist only if they use racial names. Fact: what he said can be considered racist. Telling a person that they are disrespecting their heritage because they date another race is disrespectful and yeah, I'd consider it racist when a person thinks everyone should only date inside their race.

lol, why do you guys keep bringing up white pride? It's not like I am not proud of my heritage, I just don't go proclaiming it everywhere I go. You make it sound like I hate white people when infact it isn't that at all. I just look at people as people, not a white person, a black person, etc. Just a person. I'm proud of who I am just like everyone else is proud of who they are and where their roots are. I just don't think of the colour of ones' skin when I look at them.
Catalanotto is offline  
post #65 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Jumping Off Roofs
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
........lol on the racist part......

I don't know what to say other than repeat myself when saying read his original post. People seem to think that a person is racist only if they use racial names. Fact: what he said can be considered racist. Telling a person that they are disrespecting their heritage because they date another race is disrespectful and yeah, I'd consider it racist when a person thinks everyone should only date inside their race.
I have never once said that everyone should date within their own race. I've stated that is what I choose to do but that everyone is free to decide on their own what is right for them so try again.

You point out that is is a "fact" that what I've said can be considered racist. You're right but just the same, coming out and saying that you date a non-White could be considered bandwagoning with the other Ethnic friendly activists. I took in stride that you say you're not and have proceeded to not mention it again because I really could care less. It was an observation that really added nothing to the conversation, just the same as calling me a racist based on a view that dating non-Whites is not for me.
Got Pigment? is offline  
post #66 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Cao Cao's General of the Right
 
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Han Empire
Posts: 10,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

You know, Got Pigment can choose to date who he wants to. I don't see why everyone is trying to convince him otherwise. He has his tastes, you have yours, I have mine. It is not Racism to choose not to date other people of another Ethnicity, it is preference. I'm debating about something entirely different than Dating other people of other Ethnic Backrounds. I see no wrong in choosing who you want to spend your life with or someone just to date. It is preference, and choice. And if you're going to call me Racist for my preference, then I see something wrong.
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti is offline  
post #67 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:05 AM
GO RED WINGS
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

You said that people were disrespecting their heritage by dating outside their race. Wouldn't that be the same thing, only worded differently? Isn't that basically saying "date inside your race or you're trash?" (not that harsh but hopefully you get the point ^_^)

If you came out and just said "I am not attracted to other races" than I wouldn't have a problem with it because, to be honest, I am not attracted to black men. I don't have anything against them, I just simply don't have an attraction to them. I do have a problem with people who think races should stick to their own and I do have a problem with someone generalizing people.

This issue isn't about myself or who I am dating. I only brought it up because it has to do with your post. I am not making a point that I enjoy other races, I just happened to love a person who wasn't white. It's not as if I never liked a white person before. That's beside the point. I just didn't agree with all of what you said and I used my own example to just further my own point.


@WCWRules: I never stated that he should do what some of us do. If he wants to date his own, cool, go for it, but don't tell me I am disrespecting my heritage because of who i fall in love with.
Catalanotto is offline  
post #68 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Cao Cao's General of the Right
 
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Han Empire
Posts: 10,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Exactly, it is all preference in who you're attracted to. Its nothing to do with Discrimination. I'm attracted to all ethnic backrounds, I really don't see a problem with any ethnicity at all. It is just preference, and a matter of choice. But I do find Arabic and Japanese Women most attractive, but its all fine with me really.
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti is offline  
post #69 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:09 AM
Jumping Off Roofs
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Rules
I was talking about Culture, in which you have stated yourself earlier in the topic, the Interracial Dating, or Multiculturalization of People of different "Races" is destroying our genetic identity. Heritage is one thing, but Culture is another thing. Heritage is more or less what you are, and Culture is where you orginated. They are nothing more than a fascade to the individual. I'm not going to prove you wrong by saying Skin Color doesn't directly influence Heritage, because you're right. Did I ever say it didn't? No.
Do some research before you throw together a half-assed argument.

By definition, heritage is where you come from. The country of your origin.

Also by definition, culture is defined as a socially transmitted, generalized behavior. A basic pattern of beliefs and likes/dislikes that are generally shared by peoples of a specific heritage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Rules
No, there isn't. Thats been the corrupted generalization of the whole Human Race for centuries. There are Sub-Races of people, but not a whole different race entirely based on something we cannot control. Race exists, of course, but the overall general usage of the term has been loosely corrupted by the mandate of mass society.
Look at in terms of fish. is a catfish the same as a sword fish? No. They are both fish, yes but they are not the same "race" of fish. Is a Black person the same as a White person? No. They are both humans but they are not the same race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Rules
Stereotyping? Don't you know everyone stereotypes? Of course, a person's skin color does not tell you one's inner being. It doesn't, it only exposes the exterior of the person. Just because one is of one race, doesn't mean all people are of that same influence. Once you get to the know the person, you are indefinite to know them by individual standards, not ethnic standards, which is basically what many generalize the first they see someone. You can live you life the way you want to, and I can live mine the way I want to. You tell me to not state to everyone that Race doesn't exist? Why don't you not tell everyone Interracial Dating is destroying our genetic identity? It is an opinion, and I'm pretty sure Opinions are welcome.
The fact of the matter is this. I tell you not to say that race doesn't exist because it's a fact. It would be like saying John Cena doesn't exist. Race is there, and it's not waving it's hand in front of it's face saying "You can't see me".

My opinion that interracial dating and breeding is destroying racial identity is just that, an opinion. I've never claimed it as fact. Saying race doesn't exist isn't giving us your opinion, it's feigning ignorance when you know very well that race does exist.

Last edited by Got Pigment?; 07-17-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Got Pigment? is offline  
post #70 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:10 AM
GO RED WINGS
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

I never said it was wrong for him to enjoy his own race but it's the way he looks at others who don't.
Catalanotto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome