Segregation/Racism down in the south - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 07-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Unoriginator
 
Bubba T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 7,967
Bubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Wow, that situation you described is exactly like an after school special during Black History Month. >_>

Racism will always live, no matter what people say. There are just some people who can't get past a skin color.
Bubba T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Jonathan Coachman
 
Ghetto Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,485
Ghetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friends
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by just Chelsey
I could've told you that there would've been a ton of racism. Thats just the way we do things in the South, its sad, I know.. But, you have to deal with it. I've seen shit happen almost every time I go out to the store, or whatever.

Well, think of it this way; Who were the confederates against in the Civil War? The blacks. So, some of the older, more traditional Southerners believe that they should continue to be racists.
A common misconception. The civil war was not all about Slavery and Black versus White.

EDIT: Awww, fuck you Imperfect for stealing my thunder. I wanted to be the smartass.
__________________

Last edited by Ghetto Anthony : 07-16-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Ghetto Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,477
Catalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whore
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Jiz
I think you should read his reply carefully again before coming up calling him rascist.

I never called him a racist, I asked if he would think that his statement was somewhat racist about disrespecting your heritage because you date someone of another race.
Catalanotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Jumping Off Roofs
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 257
Got Pigment?
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
Shut up.

My boyfriend is Vietnamese and I am white. I am with him because I love him, not because of his race. I am in no way disrespecting my heritage at all and neither is he. Wouldn't you consider what you just said somewhat racist?

Seriously buddy, fuck you. Your opinion is closed minded. People are with who they are with because of the love, not because of the colour of the skin. When I first started dating him, I never said "hey, he's Vietnamese! I'm gonna give a big fuck you to my white heritage and date him!"

If anyone is disrespectful it's you for being stupid enough to label people. You're just as bad as any racist.
As I said in my original post, your business is none of my business. In light of your claim that I am in fact a racist or "as bad as any racist" let me make a few points.

Racism would generally be defined in one of two ways.
  • Discrimination based on race
  • The belief that superiority exists based solely on race
By definition then, I should have displayed my "racist" ways (in your opinion) by telling you both that I supported the situation the original poster spoke of in terms of the "you're not welcome here" sentence as well as displaying a mindset that white's are superior to other races because they are white. Sorry to burst your bubble but I did neither.

Yes, my opinions may be controversial in that I consider interracial dating to be "weeding" out the white race. They do not have any racist backing though. Multiculturalization causes a lack of racial identity. Consider this: You are proud to be White, your boyfriend is proud to be Vietnemese. Multiculturalization will cause a decline in the amount of babies born with a solid racial identity so pride in one's race becomes non existant in that we will all be the same race.

To address another "point" of yours... and I love this one because it's a typical Caucasian self hating media created opinion that's become seeded in the heads of White America to further the media's great business plan (and I'll get to that in a minute) of making White's feel bad for being proud of being white. You consider me closed minded.

In order for me to be closed minded I would have to throw caution to the wind and form my opinions without forethought and without doing proper research or gaining proper life experience. None of which apply to me.
  • Forethought: I knew people like you would not only take offense to what I was posting but also would be insulted by what you've been taught to believe is racism. Thus is the problem, recently, with pride in your race if your race is the majority.
  • Proper research: from a sociological perspective of nature vs. nurture (and I can cite references in a second post if you would like but for the time being, I won't waste my time since I don't think you'll be interested in reading the proof that your opinions were proved untrue) being of a single race is typically healthier for humans in general. A person of a singular race can be not only tought (nurture) to have pride but develops a strong sense of self worth based on pride in their race (nature) in groups of like minded and racially similair peers.
  • Life Experience: Let me test your Geography for a minute here. I'm sure you know of New Haven, Connecticut undoubtedly because of Yale University. What you also might find with a small amount of research on the New Haven area is that it has the second largest minority population in Connecticut second only to Bridgeport. I reside in New Haven and have had my share of life experience dealing with interraction with minorities as well as issues of pride and the hypocritical stance that non-whites take when issues of White pride come into play. I love hearing "Fuck you, racist" from a Mexican with a Mexican flag hanging from his rear-view mirror when I say I'm proud to be white.
Now, onto the media. Jewish control of the media is a taboo topic. In Congress, among evangelicals and mainline conservative talk radio, it is never mentioned. It is discussed only in small snippets on far Right alternative talk radio. This is astonishing, considering that almost every substantial library in America contains a number of books confirming such Jewish control. These include Neil Gabler’s "An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood" and Hoberman and Shandler’s "Entertaining America: Jews, Movies, and Broadcasting" to name a few. These encyclopedic histories of Jewish control of the American media outdo any efforts by so-called “anti-Semites” to document an astonishing, frightening fact: The majority of media news and information to the American public comes from Jews.

Now, consider that Nazis were glorifying the White race in their crusade to conquer all and abolish the non-White population of the world. It's quite obvious that their views were racist and ill researched. They've also served to create an injustice where anyone who holds feelings of White pride is lumped into the same category as these historical wrong doers. Now, rightfully so, Jewish Americans, who control the majority of the media, are still upset at the treatment of their ancenstors by the supposed first advocates of White pride. But, they use this outlet they have created to spread their feelings of hate for the injustices of their past and instill feelings of self hate within the white population by telling them that feeling pride in their race is the same thing as racism and cite Nazis or southern rednecks as proof. Humans should not forget the past but they should also not live in it but they've basically created an alignment within the media based on the inability to let the past go.

I look forward to any further rebuttals but I ask (and I know this is a stretch but I'll try anyways) that if you wish to debate politics or racial/anti semantic views, do so in a respectful and intelligent manner.
Got Pigment? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
I suck!
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,977
Chaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

I live in Louisiana and you people have no idea how much rasism we have down here. It isn't just African American's, it is all other races to. The school I go to has about 4 black people. Everyone else is white. I don't mind, but there are a few people who don't reallly like it. I have no problem with black people. And I think it is stupid that everyone else does.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
tpt
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 52
tpt
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Pigment?
Interracial dating is, in my opinion, causing a general decline in racial substance and shows a severe lack of respect for one's heritage. I have great honor in my White European heritage and would consider dating a Non-White to be disrespecting it.

That said, it's none of my business if someone chooses to do so.

I do, however, believe strongly that cultural purists are given a bad rep by people who are genuinely racist. It's because of people like that and their supremacist views that a person like myself can't boldly proclaim their pride in being white.
have a question for you...

Why do you derive so much pride and satisfaction from the color of your skin? Are your personal achievments so meager/non-existent that you have to live through the accomplishments of men and women who happen to have your skin color? Racial collectivism is quite easily one of the most pathetic aspects of the human nature. What exactly did you do to become white? Why do you think that your pigmentation is some sort of accomplishment? You did not do anything to acquire your skin color (your parents did all the "doing" ). Can't you understand that your race is a CONSEQUENCE not an ACCOMPLISHMENT? Instead of screaming "WHITE POWER"(or black power or anything else depending on your race), why don't you assert your individuality by joining a sports team, writing a poem, or lifting weights ? I promise you that you will find that your existence is a lot more meaningful when you strive to assert your indiviudality through personal accomplishments and not through the shape of your nose or the color of your skin.
tpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
5 minutes on Impact
 
iamblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pace Florida
Posts: 1,866
iamblade iamblade iamblade
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpt
have a question for you...

Why do you derive so much pride and satisfaction from the color of your skin? Are your personal achievments so meager/non-existent that you have to live through the accomplishments of men and women who happen to have your skin color? Racial collectivism is quite easily one of the most pathetic aspects of the human nature. What exactly did you do to become white? Why do you think that your pigmentation is some sort of accomplishment? You did not do anything to acquire your skin color (your parents did all the "doing" ). Can't you understand that your race is a CONSEQUENCE not an ACCOMPLISHMENT? Instead of screaming "WHITE POWER"(or black power or anything else depending on your race), why don't you assert your individuality by joining a sports team, writing a poem, or lifting weights ? I promise you that you will find that your existence is a lot more meaningful when you strive to assert your indiviudality through personal accomplishments and not through the shape of your nose or the color of your skin.
Bingo, correctly said man. And by the way, I'm Mexican and my girlfriend's white. So if you got an issue with that, fu.
iamblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,477
Catalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whore
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

To get respect you must first give respect. You disrespected myself and everyone else here by generalizing people who date outside of there race as "disrespecting their heritage".

Quote:
Discrimination based on race
YOU ARE. Basically, to sum up your thoughts, you believe that people should only date inside their own race. That is discrimination in it's own way.

I do not look at people as colours. I look at people as HUMAN BEINGS. I don't care if they are black,white, yellow, purple, pink, whatever. No one should be looked upon based on skin colour. Welcome to 2006. Rasicm still does exist but interracial couples are nothing new. It didn't just occur yesterday. Love has no colour.

If we were walking down the street and you saw us, what would you do? Shout at us? Throw something at us? Cross the street? Look down on us because we are an interracial couple? Think of us as disgusting? You don't consider that racial? Wow.

Now you have a problem with kids who are mixed. One thing for sure is, some of the most beautiful people come from mixed parents. There is nothing wrong with having parents who are of different races. Love is love, that is what matters.

What will you do if your child/ren get into dating and end up with someone of a different race? Tell your kids they are a disgrace? Look at them like a piece of shit because they didn't bring a date of the same race home to daddy? Think about that. The words "shallow", "racist" and "discriminating" come to mind.

I don't know why you continue on with the "I am proud to be white" point. I never said I wasn't proud to be white at any point. i just don't think I am any better. I know being white isn't easy. Everything we say gets taken out of context. In reality, WHITES are the minority now. What is okay for anyone else to say is wrong if a white person says it. I know this. I understand this. There is no need for you to point it out to me. I live it everyday. My job consists of tons of Indian people. If something happened between myself and an Indian person, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, I'd lose because I am white. If they let the white person "win", the Indian person will pull out the racism card. Happens at work all the time. If they tell me off, it's cool, but if I tell them off, I'm a racist.

I have nothing against Indian people, I was just using them as my example because it is something I have gone through. It doesn't just go for them, it goes for everyone.

No matter how much you want to deny not having racial statements, you do. You may not come out and say it in the exact words but you are summing it up in your own way without coming right out and saying it boldly.

Also, your name, "Got Pigment" seems to suggest you have something about skin colours. How clever of you.

Last edited by Catalanotto : 07-16-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Catalanotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
The Future of the Music industry, Mr. Hollywood
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Better-Than-Utopia
Posts: 2,320
Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion Francise Champion
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
have a question for you...

Why do you derive so much pride and satisfaction from the color of your skin? Are your personal achievments so meager/non-existent that you have to live through the accomplishments of men and women who happen to have your skin color? Racial collectivism is quite easily one of the most pathetic aspects of the human nature. What exactly did you do to become white? Why do you think that your pigmentation is some sort of accomplishment? You did not do anything to acquire your skin color (your parents did all the "doing" ). Can't you understand that your race is a CONSEQUENCE not an ACCOMPLISHMENT? Instead of screaming "WHITE POWER"(or black power or anything else depending on your race), why don't you assert your individuality by joining a sports team, writing a poem, or lifting weights ? I promise you that you will find that your existence is a lot more meaningful when you strive to assert your indiviudality through personal accomplishments and not through the shape of your nose or the color of your skin.
Tpt. You owned the shit out of him. And what that Got Pigment guy said was so ignorant. I can't believe that their are still people around that are so close minded. You claim to be proud of being white like you went through hell fire and brimstone to accomplish it. I have every single race in my family so I think what you said is bullshit. My girl is Italian. I'm black and Arab. Am I a disgrace? How would you know? You just would know that I am interracially dating. It's people like you that make foreigners hate America. If I ever met any racist shits, I would beat the fuck out of them. You need to understand that perception is not always reality. Was it not the white people that went to the "Americas" and raped the "Indian" women? Personally I don't base relationships on what you see... Because what you see is not always what you get.

Last edited by Francise Champion : 07-16-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Francise Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Jumping Off Roofs
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 257
Got Pigment?
Default Re: Segregation/Racism down in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpt
have a question for you...

Why do you derive so much pride and satisfaction from the color of your skin? Are your personal achievments so meager/non-existent that you have to live through the accomplishments of men and women who happen to have your skin color? Racial collectivism is quite easily one of the most pathetic aspects of the human nature. What exactly did you do to become white? Why do you think that your pigmentation is some sort of accomplishment? You did not do anything to acquire your skin color (your parents did all the "doing" ). Can't you understand that your race is a CONSEQUENCE not an ACCOMPLISHMENT? Instead of screaming "WHITE POWER"(or black power or anything else depending on your race), why don't you assert your individuality by joining a sports team, writing a poem, or lifting weights ? I promise you that you will find that your existence is a lot more meaningful when you strive to assert your indiviudality through personal accomplishments and not through the shape of your nose or the color of your skin.
As usual, the anti-racists have invaded and in typical self hating fashion are trying to turn the tables by putting words into mouth.

As far as pride in my heritage. I'm proud of my ancestry in the same way blacks are proud of their African heritage and the same way Mexicans are proud to wear the Mexican flag on clothing. When it comes down to it individuality is a personification of the self whereas pride in your heritage and upbringing is collective. They are not the same thing and your attempt to portray them as such shows that you're already buying into the self-hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamblade
Bingo, correctly said man. And by the way, I'm Mexican and my girlfriend's white. So if you got an issue with that, fu.
Wow, could you come off as any more of a stereotypical minority? I present my opinions in an intelligent, benign and generally docile manner and you take an aggressive stance. Way to personify the reasons why multiculturalizing America would be the downfall of our civilized nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
To get respect you must first give respect. You disrespected myself and everyone else here by generalizing people who date outside of there race as "disrespecting their heritage".
In no way did I disrespect you. I've held from the first post that I sustain a "live and let live" attitude with other people and their actions. I respect what other people do even though I don't share opinion and the fact that you've missed that so far shows that you're only looking to pick a fight so you can come off as culturally diverse and ethnic friendly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
YOU ARE. Basically, to sum up your thoughts, you believe that people should only date inside their own race. That is discrimination in it's own way.
I never said everyone else should follow my order. In my first post I said it's not my business and once again I will reiterate in case you missed it or just didn't care enough to read my posts. I guess you just couldn't wait to start arguing so reading and actually understanding what I had to say became secondary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
I do not look at people as colours. I look at people as HUMAN BEINGS. I don't care if they are black,white, yellow, purple, pink, whatever. No one should be looked upon based on skin colour. Welcome to 2006. Rasicm still does exist but interracial couples are nothing new. It didn't just occur yesterday. Love has no colour.
Stop trying to turn this into a case of racial profiling. I can not only be civil towards minorities but also be friends with them. I won't try to fit into the cliche of saying "Many of my good friends are black" because they are not. I don't rule out someone as a potential friend or acquaintence based on their skin color but rather their actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
If we were walking down the street and you saw us, what would you do? Shout at us? Throw something at us? Cross the street? Look down on us because we are an interracial couple? Think of us as disgusting? You don't consider that racial? Wow.

Now you have a problem with kids who are mixed. One thing for sure is, some of the most beautiful people come from mixed parents. There is nothing wrong with having parents who are of different races. Love is love, that is what matters.
No, I would leave you alone and respect your decision while also expecting you to respect my decision not to date outside of my race. Here is where your hypocritical nature comes out. You expect me to respect your views but you refuse to respect mine. I have yet to say that I would ever react violently or in any forwardly negative manner towards a mixed couple. Yes, I have my opinions on the matter but in my "live and let live" philosophy, I would respect their decision and leave it at that. Learn to practice what you preach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
What will you do if your child/ren get into dating and end up with someone of a different race? Tell your kids they are a disgrace? Look at them like a piece of shit because they didn't bring a date of the same race home to daddy? Think about that. The words "shallow", "racist" and "discriminating" come to mind.
I would explain to them at a young age my views and principles on the subjects of interracial dating and pride in their heritage and then let them make their own decisions. It would be hypocritical of me to expect people to respect my decisions and then not respect someone else's decision to disagree with me, child of mine or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
I don't know why you continue on with the "I am proud to be white" point. I never said I wasn't proud to be white at any point. i just don't think I am any better. I know being white isn't easy. Everything we say gets taken out of context. In reality, WHITES are the minority now. What is okay for anyone else to say is wrong if a white person says it. I know this. I understand this. There is no need for you to point it out to me. I live it everyday. My job consists of tons of Indian people. If something happened between myself and an Indian person, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, I'd lose because I am white. If they let the white person "win", the Indian person will pull out the racism card. Happens at work all the time. If they tell me off, it's cool, but if I tell them off, I'm a racist.

I have nothing against Indian people, I was just using them as my example because it is something I have gone through. It doesn't just go for them, it goes for everyone.
I have never said I thought Whites were superior either. In fact, I likened the "redneck" in the original poster's story to the supremacists who give racial purists like myself a bad name. Reading is fundemental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto
No matter how much you want to deny not having racial statements, you do. You may not come out and say it in the exact words but you are summing it up in your own way without coming right out and saying it boldly.

Also, your name, "Got Pigment" seems to suggest you have something about skin colours. How clever of you.
Of course I have made racial statements. We're talking in a thread about racism which would make it nearly impossible to not make statements about race. And, for future reference, my username "Got Pigment?" is derived from a fan fiction story I wrote where the albino monk Silas from The DaVinci Code didn't die in the end of the book but rather turned to professional wrestling. IN this story, his ring attire consisted of baggy black pants and a white muscle t-shirt with the slogan "Got Pigment?", an obvious pun of the Got Milk? add campaign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francise Champion
Tpt. You owned the shit out of him. And what that Got Pigment guy said was so ignorant. I can't believe that their are still people around that are so close minded. You claim to be proud of being white like you went through hell fire and brimstone to accomplish it. I have every single race in my family so I think what you said is bullshit. My girl is Italian. I'm black and Arab. Am I a disgrace? How would you know? You just would know that I am interracially dating. It's people like you that make foreigners hate America. If I ever met any racist shits, I would beat the fuck out of them. You need to understand that perception is not always reality. Was it not the white people that went to the "Ameriacas" and raped the "Indian" women? Personally I don't base relationships on what you see... Because what you see is not always what you get.
Once again, thank you for fitting right into the racial stereotype of hostility and violence among minorities. I believe I've responded to your post with previous paragraphs. It's up to you to take the initiative and apply the concepts I've outlined about myself to the "argument" you presented.
Got Pigment? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios