Why is Ghetto good? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 03-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Icon
 
William2k2DJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Home of the Buffalo Sabres
Posts: 2,339
William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Quote:
Fifty's music is very well done and I'm sure some would still be club favorites at some places.
Are you serious? The only reason people like Fiddy is because of catchy beats and from his first Album, which was awesome. Since, then he has sucked. Why? Hes soldout. His first Album was a collection of his underground stuff, and since then he has become watered down. Even the Rap community looks down on him and his clowns, which he refers to them as "G-Unit". More like G-UNOT.

Anyways, for the ghetto thing, its evolved into something more than a negative thing. It's more of a lifestyle than a bad thing nowadays. Its sort of like a wealthy person who lives in a non-populated suburban area. Its their own lifestyle(by their, I mean the people in the "ghetto"). I do believe, like Disco, Rap will die out one day, but into another form...

Case in point, look at Nu-Metal...
William2k2DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-05-2006, 10:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Twitter n Grapes
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,943
Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William2k2DJ
Are you serious? The only reason people like Fiddy is because of catchy beats and from his first Album, which was awesome. Since, then he has sucked. Why? Hes soldout. His first Album was a collection of his underground stuff, and since then he has become watered down. Even the Rap community looks down on him and his clowns, which he refers to them as "G-Unit". More like G-UNOT.

Anyways, for the ghetto thing, its evolved into something more than a negative thing. It's more of a lifestyle than a bad thing nowadays. Its sort of like a wealthy person who lives in a non-populated suburban area. Its their own lifestyle(by their, I mean the people in the "ghetto"). I do believe, like Disco, Rap will die out one day, but into another form...

Case in point, look at Nu-Metal...
His catchy beats and knack for being a good songwriter will make him and his music last. His first cd was not a collection of underground stuff, that was mostly all new material. The G Unit cd on the other hand was indeed mostly underground stuff put into it. How the hell is he watered down when his second CD was also a platinum selling cd?! Every g-unit/shady/aftermath cd release is mostly always a top 5 seller and it delivers. They take their time with quality production and quality songs.
__________________
none
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Icon
 
William2k2DJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Home of the Buffalo Sabres
Posts: 2,339
William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Selling millions of copies doesn't mean shit in the quality department. If there was a way to tell, at least three fourths of his albums were bought by some poser in a suburban high school, or some girl who thinks about him every night. Not only has he lost the respect of the "streets", but also of his own genre. He plays childish games and attacks people lyrically for no reason. He doesn't assocaite with people who have been by his enemies, which makes me laugh; child games. Check all his Underground CDs, most of the tracks on 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' are on there. His CD was watered down with crappy material sold towards people in the "Hood". By hood, I mean, you know, where their parents have a huge salary, they wear Hollister, and act like whores. They haven't lived a DAY in the streets, hood, or a ghetto. They don't take time for quality, that's total BS. The only reason they are selling records is because they are brainwashing not only Rap fans, but people in general. They try to make themselves seem to have talent. It's obvious you have no idea what a TALENTED rapper is, seeing how you think Talent is measured by how many records you sell...
William2k2DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Twitter n Grapes
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,943
Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William2k2DJ
Selling millions of copies doesn't mean shit in the quality department. If there was a way to tell, at least three fourths of his albums were bought by some poser in a suburban high school, or some girl who thinks about him every night. Not only has he lost the respect of the "streets", but also of his own genre. He plays childish games and attacks people lyrically for no reason. He doesn't assocaite with people who have been by his enemies, which makes me laugh; child games. Check all his Underground CDs, most of the tracks on 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' are on there. His CD was watered down with crappy material sold towards people in the "Hood". By hood, I mean, you know, where their parents have a huge salary, they wear Hollister, and act like whores. They haven't lived a DAY in the streets, hood, or a ghetto. They don't take time for quality, that's total BS. The only reason they are selling records is because they are brainwashing not only Rap fans, but people in general. They try to make themselves seem to have talent. It's obvious you have no idea what a TALENTED rapper is, seeing how you think Talent is measured by how many records you sell...
I am not saying record sales define your status, but the truth is, once you become a huge rapper, it's not as easy as you make it seem to remain with street cred. If people in the "hood" are liking your material, you're not gonna push them away, you just have to accept it. As far as material used for a big release,that's the way the business works. You're gonna put your best material to show the nation what you can bring. Because the truth is, most people will never hear his underground classics. Tracks like Be a Gentleman and others will never be heard of and appreciated unless they are re released in a major album. Fitty is a good song writer, not a great rapper. But he knows how to write catchy hooks and lyrics and that is why he will remain constant. I agree with you on some of his beefs, but we're talking about the quality of music not his personal beefs.
__________________
none
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Made Out Of Nothing
 
Spartanlax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,590
Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000Spartanlax 24501 - 25000
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

I <3 Ghetto
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3000
If I had multiple personalities I'd play with myself all day. I wouldn't even leave the house. I'd give my girlfriend a penny every time she correctly guessed which one of me was fondling her.
Spartanlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Icon
 
William2k2DJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Home of the Buffalo Sabres
Posts: 2,339
William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
I am not saying record sales define your status, but the truth is, once you become a huge rapper, it's not as easy as you make it seem to remain with street cred. If people in the "hood" are liking your material, you're not gonna push them away, you just have to accept it. As far as material used for a big release,that's the way the business works. You're gonna put your best material to show the nation what you can bring. Because the truth is, most people will never hear his underground classics. Tracks like Be a Gentleman and others will never be heard of and appreciated unless they are re released in a major album. Fitty is a good song writer, not a great rapper. But he knows how to write catchy hooks and lyrics and that is why he will remain constant. I agree with you on some of his beefs, but we're talking about the quality of music not his personal beefs.
I have to agree that the Music Business is shady like that, but sooner or later, someone will come along and take his spot. Its BOUND to happen. His quality still sucks though. I mean, the only thing working for him is like I said, people outside of the hood. I think you listened to The Massacre, like I did. With the exception of maybe 3-4 songs out of 22, Its a damn Romance Album...
William2k2DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
DEZ
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 26,585
MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500MrMister 24001 - 24500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabaster Holt
Lol, very true. There are hundreds of rappers out there trying to get signed, a select few got lucky. Not because they have talent but because they knew the right people, 50 cents was a nobody for years before he met Eminem
That's it. It's not how talented you are in any fame driven business. It's who you know. The music industry is no different, and actually the best representation. Record labels (the big ones) sell images, attitudes, and personalities over actual music. It doesn't really matter what's on any given album. The image, attitude, and personality is what sells. Or rather, it's what labels focus on to sell any given album. Any given artist will make a label money, if that label wants them to. Labels achieve success by manufacturing the image, attitude, and personality to appeal to certain demographics. Elvis Presly, Garth Brooks, and Jessica Simspon are great examples. And it's no stretch, no stretch at all, to put 50 Cent into the same example of maunfactured image, attitude, and personality. The major rap labels aren't looking to sell to the black demographic. Their goal all along was to break into the teenage white demograpic, as they, along with women buy the most music. So it's the record labels' marketing strategy that has put hip hop into the mainstream more than anything.
MrMister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Twitter n Grapes
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,943
Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William2k2DJ
I have to agree that the Music Business is shady like that, but sooner or later, someone will come along and take his spot. Its BOUND to happen. His quality still sucks though. I mean, the only thing working for him is like I said, people outside of the hood. I think you listened to The Massacre, like I did. With the exception of maybe 3-4 songs out of 22, Its a damn Romance Album...
I agree, I love 50 cent and everything related to gunit/aftermath/shady but his last record was just not up to the level that many were expecting. It sold mostly due to the huge success of the first album. But see the thing is, it wasn't a horrible album, it was an ok album. Which in his case, is a bad thing because he's a huge star. He won't die down, bue he will probably come down a few levels because no one can keep it that hot for a long time...just ask Michael after Thriller.
He's smart though,which is why he's getting more people into his label. He will still make money through them much like Eminem and Dre do for their talent.
__________________
none
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Icon
 
William2k2DJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Home of the Buffalo Sabres
Posts: 2,339
William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500William2k2DJ 251 - 500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Quote:
He's smart though,which is why he's getting more people into his label. He will still make money through them much like Eminem and Dre do for their talent.
But it's not ALL about money. The Music Business is driven more by ego than money. Sure, Money is a huge goal, but your image is more important, even if you aren't making a DIME off of it.
William2k2DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Twitter n Grapes
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,943
Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500Roger 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Why is Ghetto good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William2k2DJ
But it's not ALL about money. The Music Business is driven more by ego than money. Sure, Money is a huge goal, but your image is more important, even if you aren't making a DIME off of it.
But you say his image is already tarnished, so I'm speaking about the one he currently has. I still beg to differ that he will wash away and being an artists in today's pop culture has to make you change your style one way or another. The streets are always gonne hate if you change, but then again that's why they're still in the streets,that simple. You have to adapt to what makes you more money which is ultimately everyone's goal. It's not seeling out nor being fake, it's doing what's best for you.
His image will be fine. Much like when 2pac talked trash about Dre being lazy in the studio and not really gangster, no one really cares about that now. People just care if he puts out good music and ultimately,that's all that should matter. That is why Fitty will remain a big star and his music will last.
__________________
none
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios