What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Lazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,878
Lazyking needs to make some friendsLazyking needs to make some friendsLazyking needs to make some friendsLazyking needs to make some friendsLazyking needs to make some friendsLazyking needs to make some friendsLazyking needs to make some friendsLazyking needs to make some friendsLazyking needs to make some friends
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

Michals vs. Flair is a good story but it's a bittersweet match to watch for me... Flair never wanted to retire and that's pretty clear so it kinda hurts the story a bit.

we're getting off track but an earlier post rang so true for me.. if the OP only cares about storylines, why watch wrestling at all? Tv shows will always be vastly better when it comes to that. So their must be some aspect of the actual wrestling that the person likes.
Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ywall2breakerj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Croatia
Posts: 682
ywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friends
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Man View Post
You just described it. But because you're acting like a "smart mark" who deconstructs everything and sees everything as a "spot", you probably can't see the brilliance of it. What does the crowd size have to do with anything? If Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards can't keep 1,000 people on the edge of their seat, making lots of noise and getting the crowd emotionally invested in what they're doing, how the hell would they be able to keep ahold of 75,000? (I'm basing this off their matches where the crowd is absolutely dead until one of them hits their "spots". Happens a lot in ROH).
Sir you are not making any sense. Bumping is not storytelling. Table spots are not storytelling. Counters are not storytelling. All I am asking for you is to explain what "great story" did they tell. You claim they did, ok. Back up your argument. The brilliance of it? Give me a break. There was nothing brilliant about it. Veteran faces prime athlete. Veteran comes close to victory using his signature tactics. Prime athlete wins, the veteran congratulates him and the prime athlete humbly lets the veteran have his last moment. If you think that is something brilliant then I feel very sorry for you have obvisuly been brainwashed by Vincent Kennedy McMahon. There is a lot more to wrestling than "spots" but the only people that perceive wrestling like that are rohbots and your breed is even worse because you dismiss EVERYTHING outside of DA WWE-EAH and then hypocritically enjoy the same style once it DOES happen in your beloved compan. You're talking about Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards (who I loathe) just because you assume everyone in this section likes that type of wrestling and that is not a sign of a very intelligent human being. My favourite wrestlers are a lot better sellers than Shawn fucking Michaels, but I don't go around calling everyone who likes him an "ignorant smart mark".
__________________
Quote:
A true bond of trust between a master and a pet must be deeper than the Sea of Japan and longer than Choshu's mullet
ywall2breakerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
nevereveragainu is an after thoughtnevereveragainu is an after thought
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Man View Post
If Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards can't keep 1,000 people on the edge of their seat, making lots of noise and getting the crowd emotionally invested in what they're doing, how the hell would they be able to keep ahold of 75,000?
we'll never truly know until we see it with our own eyes, got to be better than another Mark Henry squash
nevereveragainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Japanese Puroresu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 880
Japanese Puroresu should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsJapanese Puroresu should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsJapanese Puroresu should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsJapanese Puroresu should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

To those saying how does so-n-so make crowds erupt? Indy wrestling gets more interaction from the crowd than WWE events 90% of the time. Terrible argument. Something is always happening. Even if it's one guy going wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrESTLING! to another going YAY! it's always going on. If a match in the WWE is dead, it's fucking dead.
__________________
Quote:
This Is Sum Bull Man. I Knew This Match Was Gonna Happen Because On Raw When The Sheild Beat Team Hell No At The End Of The Match They Held The Tag Titles And They Did The Same To Kofi. Kane And Brian Better Win Or Its Gonna Be To Scripted
Japanese Puroresu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 705
THECHAMPION needs to take rep more seriousTHECHAMPION needs to take rep more seriousTHECHAMPION needs to take rep more seriousTHECHAMPION needs to take rep more seriousTHECHAMPION needs to take rep more seriousTHECHAMPION needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevereveragainu View Post
we'll never truly know until we see it with our own eyes, got to be better than another Mark Henry squash
No. A Davey/Eddie match is in no way better than a Mark Henry squash.
THECHAMPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
MTheBehemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,660
MTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friends
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

...Wrestling itself? What kind of question is that? Pro wrestling is pro wrestling. It's an art. You either get, or you don't. If you don't like it, don't watch it (and don't rape it, like Russo) and go watch something else (in your case - jerry springer, trashy b movies, etc)
__________________
MTheBehemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #37 (permalink)
Trent!
 
Mon Joxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,185
Mon Joxley Mon Joxley Mon Joxley Mon Joxley Mon Joxley Mon Joxley
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywall2breakerj View Post
Sir you are not making any sense. Bumping is not storytelling. Table spots are not storytelling. Counters are not storytelling. All I am asking for you is to explain what "great story" did they tell. You claim they did, ok. Back up your argument. The brilliance of it? Give me a break. There was nothing brilliant about it. Veteran faces prime athlete. Veteran comes close to victory using his signature tactics. Prime athlete wins, the veteran congratulates him and the prime athlete humbly lets the veteran have his last moment. If you think that is something brilliant then I feel very sorry for you have obvisuly been brainwashed by Vincent Kennedy McMahon. There is a lot more to wrestling than "spots" but the only people that perceive wrestling like that are rohbots and your breed is even worse because you dismiss EVERYTHING outside of DA WWE-EAH and then hypocritically enjoy the same style once it DOES happen in your beloved compan. You're talking about Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards (who I loathe) just because you assume everyone in this section likes that type of wrestling and that is not a sign of a very intelligent human being. My favourite wrestlers are a lot better sellers than Shawn fucking Michaels, but I don't go around calling everyone who likes him an "ignorant smart mark".
Well it's a good thing my original comment wasn't aimed directly at you. If you were to read and analyse (not over-analyse) what I said, you'd know that I was using Flair/Michaels and Richards/Edwards purely as an example. I'm sorry if I wasn't too clear on that.

You jumping on me and being quick to say that I'm nothing but a mark for WWE is no different than me calling you a smart-mark. I apologised for my remarks, however. Michaels is far from my favourite wrestler as well, but again he seemed like a good example at the time.
Mon Joxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #38 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
nevereveragainu is an after thoughtnevereveragainu is an after thought
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAMPION View Post
No. A Davey/Eddie match is in no way better than a Mark Henry squash.
Mark henry should have retired a decade ago so your very argument is invalidated
nevereveragainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Trent!
 
Mon Joxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,185
Mon Joxley Mon Joxley Mon Joxley Mon Joxley Mon Joxley Mon Joxley
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevereveragainu View Post
Mark henry should have retired a decade ago so your very argument is invalidated
Your English should have retired a decade ago.
Mon Joxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
The REAL First Lady of NXT
 
NikkiSixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A state of perpetual snarkiness.
Posts: 5,299
NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx NikkiSixx
Default Re: What is the appeal of "wrasslin'"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Man View Post
Your English should have retired a decade ago.
S N A P

__________________
NikkiSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios