Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Man View Post
The fact that Mr. TCWfan has triple posted to try and make his point doesn't really convince me otherwise.

I'm not disputing whether or not Vordell Walker kicked Rick Steiner's ass. I'm saying that Vordell was out of line. Rick Steiner is a veteran, Vordell Walker is some indy chump and back in 2004 or 2005 when this incident happened, he was even more of a nobody. Going out and beating up the person you're supposed to be working with is unprofessional and I'm not surprised Walker got blackballed for it. Even if Steiner did go out of his way to pepper Vordell a bit, who gives a shit? If Vordell Walker is as big of a man as you claim he is, he would have taken it on the chin, gone backstage and shaken Rick's hand like a true professional. Instead he went in to business for himself, tried to get his bullshit shoot fighter gimmick by beating someone up for real and got a bad rep for it and rightfully so.

For the record, I'd trust the story of a guy like Raven who was there and has been in the business for over 20 years (and been at the top of it for most of that time) and is someone I respect and admire than the word of some dirtsheet writer or the indy scrub that got blackballed from the incident.
Are you the kind of guy that wouldn't stick up for himself? I bet you are. If you went into a situation where you knew someone wanted to fight you and be unprofessional from the get go and you just sat there and take it you're a total idiot. You don't get the business. You're a mark for a trashbag like Raven and buy into what he's selling. Don't get on here trashing Vordell Walker when you don't know a damn thing about him. Vordell is a good guy and a true asset to the wrestling business and doesn't need morons like you tarnishing his hard work. Sit your fat ass back down at the twinkie box at your momma's house and shut the hell up.
TCWfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Trent!
 
Mon Joxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

Now here you are chastising me for passing judgment on Mr. Walker yet you're doing the same to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWfan View Post
Are you the kind of guy that wouldn't stick up for himself? I bet you are.
Of course I would. But if I've brought on an ass-kicking myself then I'd take it in stride and have done so before. But that's not what this is about anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWfan View Post
If you went into a situation where you knew someone wanted to fight you and be unprofessional from the get go and you just sat there and take it you're a total idiot.
Be unprofessional like Vordell Walker? Yeah I guess I see your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWfan View Post
You don't get the business.
Never claimed to, but I'm not stupid enough to instantly pick the side of an indy wrestler over a respected veteran just because it's cool to hate mainstream wrestling and because there's a few dirtsheets saying Rick Steiner has a bad attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWfan View Post
You're a mark for a trashbag like Raven and buy into what he's selling.
The keyword here is selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWfan View Post
Don't get on here trashing Vordell Walker when you don't know a damn thing about him.
How can I know anything about him? Nobody wants to book him. Ohhh buuurrrnnn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWfan View Post
Vordell is a good guy and a true asset to the wrestling business and doesn't need morons like you tarnishing his hard work.
I'm not saying he isn't a good guy, I'm sure he's a nice guy. True asset to the wrestling business? Ehhh, I'm not sure too many tears would be shed if he decided to retire tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWfan View Post
Sit your fat ass back down at the twinkie box at your momma's house and shut the hell up.
Didn't the company that made Twinkies go out of business? They don't even sell them where I live, which is in shared accommodation, not with my "momma".

I can tell I've gotten to you because you're just shouting abuse now instead of making any real valid points. Look I get it, you're the leader of the Vordell Walker Fan Club and probably write letters to him twice a week, that's cool, I'm not hating on you for liking your favourite wrestlers, as bland and unprofessional as they may be. To me, going out and beating the shit out of a middle-aged semi-retired veteran even back then doesn't make Vordell Walker a badass and going back to the original topic, doesn't make him a "shoot fighter". I can easily say from this "twinkie box at my momma's house" (pwahaha) that a guy like Vordell Walker would get slaughtered in an MMA ring or cage against a half-competent fighter. Sorry if you disagree.


Edit: Also, I've checked out your previous posts, all of which have come in that TCW thread. It seems you're just someone who lurks around hurling abuse and calling everybody "smark marks" and telling them "you don't get the business" when somebody disagrees with you or dislikes TCW. I on the other hand enjoy having an intelligent conversation on here (well, as intelligent as it can get), discussing professional wrestling with other fans and finding out information about promotions and wrestlers that I have yet to discover. I don't bash anybody for their opinion and all the posts I've made about the Walker/Steiner situation is just based on what I've heard and read, I don't claim to be an expert, just chiming in the information that I've got. If me typing those words somehow blew sand in to your vagina, I apologise. But it seems your immaturity is just going to further fuel this debate and turn it in to a full blown argument and I don't want to be a part of that, so I'll be unsubscribing to this thread. Anything else you post here won't be read by me.

Last edited by Mon Joxley; 04-22-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Mon Joxley is offline  
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

Baby took his ball and went home! I have no tolerance for the slandering of good, honest, and hardworking indy guys. Next time he goes to an autograph signing he should ask guys that worked with Rick Steiner how he was. Most will all talk about how he liked to try people and take liberties with everyone. A true bully.
TCWfan is offline  
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

I'm starting to think TCWfan is Vordell Walker.
duttanized is offline  
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttanized View Post
I'm starting to think TCWfan is Vordell Walker.
LOL no
TCWfan is offline  
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 AM
Charismatic Enigma
 
Even.Flow.NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

It's common knowledge that you shake hands and greet/introduce yourself to every wrestler you're working with. Vordell was disrespectful according to the story

Best shoot fighter: Tables

Quote:
IWC

Everyone's a cynic, no-one will enjoy wrestling, they're too busy
pointing out what "sucks".
Dream match: Jeff Hardy v.s Christian - Please happen again someday in the near future
Even.Flow.NYC is offline  
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Japanese Puroresu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

The King of Strong Style himself!

C'mon guys. I love Barnett but the King of Strong Style is CLEARLY the way to go here.

Quote:
This Is Sum Bull Man. I Knew This Match Was Gonna Happen Because On Raw When The Sheild Beat Team Hell No At The End Of The Match They Held The Tag Titles And They Did The Same To Kofi. Kane And Brian Better Win Or Its Gonna Be To Scripted
Japanese Puroresu is offline  
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Man View Post
For the record, I'd trust the story of a guy like Raven who was there and has been in the business for over 20 years (and been at the top of it for most of that time) and is someone I respect and admire than the word of some dirtsheet writer or the indy scrub that got blackballed from the incident.
Aye Raven never lies
onestop is offline  
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Rowdy Rahddy
 
11 Pipers Piping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

If we're bringing in Japanese guys then the title will always go to Sakuraba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even.Flow.NYC View Post
It's common knowledge that you shake hands and greet/introduce yourself to every wrestler you're working with. Vordell was disrespectful according to the story

Best shoot fighter: Tables
And yet a good few wrestlers don't do this and prefer remaining in their own world. I don't see how keeping to yourself is inherently wrong. It'd be a different story if you blank the other guy (especially if he is such a "veteran") but the whole loner vibe is perfectly understandable. It's a job, first and foremost, you are being paid to work not interact. It may be a "common courtesy" to shake someone's hand but it should not be seen as a dick-move if you choose not to. It was a tag team match, too, was it not? I don't see the other members having such a complaint as Rick has, either.

I have not seen the argument T Man is siding with, nor was I at the event, but from the views I have seen (and those brought to me now) going out as a shoot is completely the wrong way of dealing with it. Add in the fact it is Rick Steiner and I lose all sympathy for the argument against Vordell being at least partially true in his account.

I refrained from replying earlier as this matter is completely trivial, but the more I see it linger the more it reminds me of The Young Bucks being snubbed during their WWE tryout for not walking around the arena and introducing themselves to the veterans. Though, laughably, one of the more vocal members in that debacle was Goldust (whose Twitter account is evidence enough of how quick he can take things personally). Either way this is off-topic (sort of) and immensely pointless.

11 Pipers Piping is offline  
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,868
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Best Shoot fighter in the indy's right now ?

Sakuraba is (former) legit fighter doing ocacsional pro-wrestling, I wouldn't count him. He's not in the same category as MiSu or Funaki, because they're actually full time pro-wrestlers. But even if we count him, I doubt he's tougher/stronger/better than those two.
Chismo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome