Ricochet - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
TinkerMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Engerland
Posts: 292
TinkerMan is an after thoughtTinkerMan is an after thought
Default Ricochet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoxyK344sfs

How come this guy isn't on TV yet? Mind blowing in ring work.
TinkerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,012
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Ricochet

__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
"There's eleven esť!"
 
Seabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 27,974
Seabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: Ricochet

Wrestling's not as simple as the best wrestlers getting the most mainstream success. Ricochet deserves every bit of success he gets though. So amazing and he wasn't always that way like a guy like PAC was in his early era. The transformation is pretty incredible. Bothcy high flyer with a terrible look to what he is now. Nuts. The thing with high flyers for me is that they wear off pretty quickly and you stop being amazed once you see them do their shtick a few times. I've been watching Ricochet for years now and I've never once stopped being amazed by how good he is. Not just in terms of the moves he can pull off but how great of a worker he's turned in to since going to Japan with Dragon Gate. Having the ability to pull the moves off is one thing but when you have the charisma and character to pull it off with such swag and use it to get yourself over as either a massive dick or a the most loveable thing ever is incredible. He's still developing and changing his character even now. I'm going pretty hard for the guy right now but I wouldn't normally go this hard for a modern wrestler, especially one who works his style. The fact that he's bulking up and adding power moves to his weapon set along with adding even more nutty dives and flips just blows my mind. I thought I'd seen his peak when I first saw him do the double rotation moonsault. Then the other day I saw him do the consecutive back flips off a running handstand springboard off the ropes and that might be left me even more jaw dropped than I've been before.

TL;DR - Dude is awesome.
__________________
Seabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,614
duttanized duttanized duttanized duttanized
Default Re: Ricochet

Well I think he's contracted to DGUSA/EVOLVE right now but once that's up maybe he'll get a look from some bigger promotions.
duttanized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
"There's eleven esť!"
 
Seabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 27,974
Seabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: Ricochet

^ That doesn't mean jack shit if WWE or TNA come calling. Neither does the Dragon Gate connection.
__________________
Seabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,012
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
Wrestling's not as simple as the best wrestlers getting the most mainstream success. Ricochet deserves every bit of success he gets though. So amazing and he wasn't always that way like a guy like PAC was in his early era. The transformation is pretty incredible. Bothcy high flyer with a terrible look to what he is now. Nuts. The thing with high flyers for me is that they wear off pretty quickly and you stop being amazed once you see them do their shtick a few times. I've been watching Ricochet for years now and I've never once stopped being amazed by how good he is. Not just in terms of the moves he can pull off but how great of a worker he's turned in to since going to Japan with Dragon Gate. Having the ability to pull the moves off is one thing but when you have the charisma and character to pull it off with such swag and use it to get yourself over as either a massive dick or a the most loveable thing ever is incredible. He's still developing and changing his character even now. I'm going pretty hard for the guy right now but I wouldn't normally go this hard for a modern wrestler, especially one who works his style. The fact that he's bulking up and adding power moves to his weapon set along with adding even more nutty dives and flips just blows my mind. I thought I'd seen his peak when I first saw him do the double rotation moonsault. Then the other day I saw him do the consecutive back flips off a running handstand springboard off the ropes and that might be left me even more jaw dropped than I've been before.

TL;DR - Dude is awesome.
Know any good Ricochet promos? Was impressed with the two he did for BOLA 2012
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,614
duttanized duttanized duttanized duttanized
Default Re: Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
^ That doesn't mean jack shit if WWE or TNA come calling. Neither does the Dragon Gate connection.
Huh interesting, I messaged Johnny Gargano on Facebook one day about joining TNA or WWE and he said his current contract with DGUSA wouldn't allow it so I assumed it was the same for everybody signed with DGUSA?
duttanized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
"There's eleven esť!"
 
Seabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 27,974
Seabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: Ricochet

Eh. Not really. Dragon Gate doesn't lend itself to English speaking promos and unless you're in CZW or ROH neither do the Indies. He's got enough charisma that I'd be surprised if he bombs on the mic. He's not a guy that mic skills really matter for though. He can do all his talking in the ring. (I hate that term but it rings very true here).

Edit: What Gargano tells a fan on facebook without an offer and what he'd do in reality with an offer on the table are totally different. Moxley was in that situation and was let go when WWE came calling. Pretty sure Gabe's said before he wont stand in the way of one of his guys joining WWE if they make an offer. I even think that was in reference to speculation about Gargano joining actually.
__________________
Seabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
OLE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 34
OLE4Life
Default Re: Ricochet

He's someone who improves every time he's in the ring. At some point the big leagues will come calling.
OLE4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,614
duttanized duttanized duttanized duttanized
Default Re: Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
Eh. Not really. Dragon Gate doesn't lend itself to English speaking promos and unless you're in CZW or ROH neither do the Indies. He's got enough charisma that I'd be surprised if he bombs on the mic. He's not a guy that mic skills really matter for though. He can do all his talking in the ring. (I hate that term but it rings very true here).

Edit: What Gargano tells a fan on facebook without an offer and what he'd do in reality with an offer on the table are totally different. Moxley was in that situation and was let go when WWE came calling. Pretty sure Gabe's said before he wont stand in the way of one of his guys joining WWE if they make an offer. I even think that was in reference to speculation about Gargano joining actually.
Ah yes, I remember Gargano talking on AOW about it. Maybe the contracts just there to keep him out of ROH then?
duttanized is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios