Best Wrestling Promotion? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Pappa Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,180
Pappa Bacon 501 - 1000Pappa Bacon 501 - 1000Pappa Bacon 501 - 1000Pappa Bacon 501 - 1000Pappa Bacon 501 - 1000Pappa Bacon 501 - 1000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayso View Post
Watched NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 7 last night. I stayed up til 2 AM and after it was done I had to breathe heavy and admit it was the best wrestling I've literally ever seen in my life. That was really enjoyable and once I got over the language part - it was really enjoyable to watch. I ended up marking out for matches I knew nothing about - just because the work they did was incredible.

The crowd was easily in it for the whole thing (even the 20 minutes of dark matches). I watched probably the best triple threat match I've ever seen - there was more involvement with all 3 wrestlers at once instead of just 2 while 1 rolls out of the ring for some breath. I've already found my "favorites" or wrestlers I support, due to marking out on what they were doing. It was the most exciting Wrestling show I've ever watched. I'm excited to keep watching it religiously and I will pump money into it for the sheer respect of the product because I love it.

I will still watch Raw (especially PPV's) but after watching NJPW it shows me no reason why Raw can't be consistently good. It angers me that I've missed so much and I want to dig deeper.

ROH I might watch once they get their streaming problems fixed. However, I'm going to take the suggestion from Seabs and watch ROH 05-08 so it'll probably ruin the current ROH for me.

Thank you for all of the suggestions - they help me know where to start. I will check out probably every promotion - but I found NJPW stole my heart already. Again, thanks for all of the suggestions!
Do not pass on pwg. Check out pwg sells out and then you will be hooked i have everything from 03-12

Sent from my MB855 using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
Pappa Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
 
PacoAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,352
PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000PacoAwesome 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Best Wrestling Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayso View Post
Watched NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 7 last night. I stayed up til 2 AM and after it was done I had to breathe heavy and admit it was the best wrestling I've literally ever seen in my life. That was really enjoyable and once I got over the language part - it was really enjoyable to watch. I ended up marking out for matches I knew nothing about - just because the work they did was incredible.

The crowd was easily in it for the whole thing (even the 20 minutes of dark matches). I watched probably the best triple threat match I've ever seen - there was more involvement with all 3 wrestlers at once instead of just 2 while 1 rolls out of the ring for some breath. I've already found my "favorites" or wrestlers I support, due to marking out on what they were doing. It was the most exciting Wrestling show I've ever watched. I'm excited to keep watching it religiously and I will pump money into it for the sheer respect of the product because I love it.

I will still watch Raw (especially PPV's) but after watching NJPW it shows me no reason why Raw can't be consistently good. It angers me that I've missed so much and I want to dig deeper.

ROH I might watch once they get their streaming problems fixed. However, I'm going to take the suggestion from Seabs and watch ROH 05-08 so it'll probably ruin the current ROH for me.

Thank you for all of the suggestions - they help me know where to start. I will check out probably every promotion - but I found NJPW stole my heart already. Again, thanks for all of the suggestions!
Two of those favorites better be Okada and Swaguske Nakamura
__________________
Fan of Daniel Bryan,Seth Rollins,CM Punk,Brock Lesnar,Antonio Cesaro,Randy Orton, Kazuchika Okada,Shinsuke Nakamura,and Minoru Suzuki


CREDIT TO "Tenacious.C. "
PacoAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Ayso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 149
Ayso 50 - 100
Default Re: Best Wrestling Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Bacon View Post
Do not pass on pwg. Check out pwg sells out and then you will be hooked i have everything from 03-12

Sent from my MB855 using VerticalSports.Com App
Oh yeah I'm checking out PWG, too, any recommended sites to watch it at? Orrr, to follow it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoAwesome View Post
Two of those favorites better be Okada and Swaguske Nakamura
Actually, they are! Nakamura was absolutely amazing. He was the first dude I marked out on in Wrestle Kingdom. That triple thread raised the bar on what I think a triple threat should be like. Okada is mean and nasty - which I love.

One thing I can't get off my mind, is how real it looks. Obviously I know it's scripted, but the way they make it more Professional Sport than Dramatized Entertainment. The rules are there for everyone. If you try to get out of the ring, the ref will stop you, open palm hits only, and everyone sells every move. It gets to look really intense and questionable weather or not they're really hurt.

Have to say. Japan knows what they're doing.

Edit: I found PWG.com due to logic.
__________________


TheWholefuckingShow.info
Ilikewrestling.net
Ilikecomedy.net
Ayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
manga4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 136
manga4life 50 - 100
Default Re: Best Wrestling Promotion?

That what I love about NJPW, the way the wrestlers go abut the matches and the way the company does little things like press conferences and the such really makes wrestling seem like a legit sport. It makes everything come off as prestigious and adds a lot to the product.
__________________
www.Twitter.com/manga4life

Blog - http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com : 4/14/13 - "CLASSIC GAMING, finding old school gems is fun."


Major (World) Championships I recognize/follow
World Heavyweight Championship (as of 2009)
WWE Championship (as of 2009)
ROH World Championship (since inception)
IWGP Heavyweight Championship (since inception)
manga4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Ayso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 149
Ayso 50 - 100
Default Re: Best Wrestling Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manga4life View Post
That what I love about NJPW, the way the wrestlers go abut the matches and the way the company does little things like press conferences and the such really makes wrestling seem like a legit sport. It makes everything come off as prestigious and adds a lot to the product.
Yes. I also like how they show all the matches on the card - I hate that WWE doesn't do that anymore. It added some sort of "Sporty" feel to it. Now on WWE I'm clueless as to what's going to go on with matches.

NJPW makes it look sporty - and I appreciate that.

Btw, I've watched a few PWG matches. They are red hot, my god, the linking moves are awesome and seem like they're never going to end. Once I get a job (saving my current money for a car) I can't wait to start buying DVD's.
__________________


TheWholefuckingShow.info
Ilikewrestling.net
Ilikecomedy.net
Ayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
EmbassyForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,021
EmbassyForever 501 - 1000EmbassyForever 501 - 1000EmbassyForever 501 - 1000EmbassyForever 501 - 1000EmbassyForever 501 - 1000EmbassyForever 501 - 1000EmbassyForever 501 - 1000EmbassyForever 501 - 1000
Default Re: Best Wrestling Promotion?

ROH seems to finally fix the iPPV problem. The last iPPV they ran (GBH and FB) had no problems. If you want to start then watch GBH that IMO was ROH's Show Of The Year.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic208820_14.gif
EmbassyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
ShereKhan 50 - 100
Default

I'd have to agree that PWG is putting on more 5 star matches than any other promotion today IMO. CHIKARA is also pretty good but a bit too silly for my liking. I've enjoyed seeing some of the great cruiserweights in NJPW like BUSHI and Prince Devitt. I'm loving TNA at the moment, which tbh is probably as silly as CHIKARA but unintentionally so!

How could I forget Dragon Gate, be it the original, DGUSA or DGUK they all put on great, fast paced matches!
ShereKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 50
AxSL 0 - 49
Default Re: Best Wrestling Promotion?

ROH, CHIKARA, and lately TNA
AxSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
ROH Fan #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 2,883
ROH Fan #1 251 - 500ROH Fan #1 251 - 500ROH Fan #1 251 - 500
Default Re: Best Wrestling Promotion?

Although probably not the best pure wrestling promotion out there, it is the most entertaining and probably the best booked company in the US.

CHIKARA, that is.
__________________
CHIKARA, We Are Wrestling.

Eddie FUCKING Kingston: The last of a dying FUCKING breed, in this great FUCKING Sport.
ROH Fan #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
OLE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 34
OLE4Life 50 - 100
Default Re: Best Wrestling Promotion?

PWG. Consistently the best in-ring action in any promotion in America. I don't watch much stuff from Japan, just because of the fact that it's not convenient to me.
OLE4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios