The 2013 MOTYC Thread - Page 51 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #501 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Rowdy Rahddy
 
11 Pipers Piping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

If there was any way to remove that one section of goofiness Generico's match would be one of the greatest things going this year.

11 Pipers Piping is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #502 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 05:12 AM
L-DOPA ~
 
Laura Stevenson's Joyful Voice of Christmas!~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs The Young Bucks
Great stuff here. Storyline of Steenerico is brilliant imo. First there's Bucks being dicks and a great control segment on Generico. HOT TAG~! Commence greatness stage 2. This is where the storytelling really came into play. Steen despising the Bucks, Generico not going down because this is his last show and fuck if he's losing this, Bucks and Knox storyline continued, all tied in with the Steen/Generico conclusion to their entire indy run which was fucking amazing. Seriously, I don't want to ruin this for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but there's a moment that really is amazing towards the end (think Seabs talked about it in his review). The finish was awesome too. The match lacked something to make it a high end MOTYC contender for me, but this was classic PWG booking and combined with it being Generico's last match and the conclusion of an epic rivalry/partnership, this is absolutely must see. ****
Completely agreed with all of this.

Young Bucks are still the best tag team around in my opinion. All of their matches on the PWG DDT4 show were at least very good.



MUSTANG
Laura Stevenson's Joyful Voice of Christmas!~ is offline  
post #503 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
EmbassyForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

ROH Honor vs Evil:

ACH vs Roderick Strong - ****1/4
SCUM of Jacobs, Corino and Steen vs Adam Cole, Davey Richards and Michael Elgin - ****

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic208820_14.gif

Last edited by EmbassyForever; 02-24-2013 at 11:58 AM.
EmbassyForever is offline  
post #504 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,868
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

AJPW Excite Series 2013 - Day 2

Burning (Jun Akiyama, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki) vs. GET WILD (Takao Omori & Manabu Soya) & Kaz Hayashi

Burning's first fully televised match. This was great. And wow, the Burning guys seem so... fresh. They looked motivated as hell, and you could tell they're happy campers now. Fuck NOAH, seriously. Everybody had a story here: Omori giving Akiyama a nice warm welcome with stiff forearms, because they have a legitimate beef dating from the 90s, Manabu Soya trying to hang with those two, and trying to justify his pertnership with Omori, then there's Hayashi defending the honor of the Junior division, Kotaro and Kanemaru trying to send a message to the Juniors backstage, etc. Kotaro/Hayashi will be a gem down the road. Plus, the crowd was hot. Great match. Too bad this is the only fully televised Burning tag from the tour, but at least AJPW has uploaded clipped shows on their YT channel.

****1/4
Chismo is offline  
post #505 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Adam_Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Reseda, California
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbassyForever View Post
ROH Honor vs Evil:

ACH vs Roderick Strong - ****1/4
SCUM of Jacobs, Corino and Steen vs Adam Cole, Davey Richards and Michael Elgin - ****
Where are you watch this?
Adam_Cole is offline  
post #506 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
EmbassyForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Cole View Post
Where are you watch this?
http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic208820_14.gif
EmbassyForever is offline  
post #507 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Adam_Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Reseda, California
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Thanks man!
Adam_Cole is offline  
post #508 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Rowdy Rahddy
 
11 Pipers Piping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
AJPW Excite Series 2013 - Day 2

Burning (Jun Akiyama, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki) vs. GET WILD (Takao Omori & Manabu Soya) & Kaz Hayashi

Burning's first fully televised match. This was great. And wow, the Burning guys seem so... fresh. They looked motivated as hell, and you could tell they're happy campers now. Fuck NOAH, seriously. Everybody had a story here: Omori giving Akiyama a nice warm welcome with stiff forearms, because they have a legitimate beef dating from the 90s, Manabu Soya trying to hang with those two, and trying to justify his pertnership with Omori, then there's Hayashi defending the honor of the Junior division, Kotaro and Kanemaru trying to send a message to the Juniors backstage, etc. Kotaro/Hayashi will be a gem down the road. Plus, the crowd was hot. Great match. Too bad this is the only fully televised Burning tag from the tour, but at least AJPW has uploaded clipped shows on their YT channel.

****1/4
I'm guessing this from the 10/02/2013 show? Anything else of note from it? The main looks like it could have been a standout.

11 Pipers Piping is offline  
post #509 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
flag sabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: commentary booth shaped like a couch
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
I'm guessing this from the 10/02/2013 show? Anything else of note from it? The main looks like it could have been a standout.
I watched Kanemoto & Tanaka vs. Yamato & Sato. It's noteworthy for the challengers turning up barefoot & ready to ground & pound, but it goes a little too long & the crowd only really gets involved for the closing moments ***1/2

flag sabbath is offline  
post #510 of 2541 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Rowdy Rahddy
 
11 Pipers Piping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Thanks, man. I'll avoid it, then.

11 Pipers Piping is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome