Join Date: Aug 2006
Favourite(s): Mr. ROH, El Ingobernable, The Conqueror
Re: ROH Final Battle 2012 - NYC, Dec 16 (DOOMSDAY~!)
GOD DAMN! This card seriously looks incredible. I won't be ordering the iPPV cause I have to work, but this will definitely get a dvd purchase from me if it delivers.
- Lethal/Rhino is pretty random but I think it'll give Lethal a good win over a somewhat proven opponent. It should open the show imo.
- Don't care about the Embassy.
- Bennett/Lynn is totally fine with me. If Bennett & Storm can have a few good matches (haven't seem them yet) then there's no doubt in my mind Lynn can do the same.
- Wolves/Fish & O'Reilly could be the sleeper match of the night. There's a couple different ways it could go. Obviously the young heels can win, then we eventually get singles matches and another tag blowoff, OR, the Wolves could pick up a big win, enjoy teaming up again, and decide to continue to team up to take down SCUM as the Tag Champs. Yeah, that gets my vote. Freshen up that tag scene while still occasionally give them singles matches.
- Strong/Elgin has been building forever and it'll be pretty damn hard for the match to not deliver. I expect some sick looking back breakers and Strong to win in heel fashion. This will eventually go into a Steel Cage, FWH, or something along those lines in the future.
- I love the idea of Cole/Hardy. Hardy as a heel would be totally fine with me in ROH. I didn't mind his run in TNA a couple years back and this could be somewhat similar to his match with AJ Styles. Another sleeper match that could definitely deliver.
- NYC Street Fight could be fun and should be a bloodbath. Whitmer & Titus in the same match, some bladejobs have to go down, right?
- I don't know what to expect out of the Tag Title match. It's the question mark on the night.
- Main Event will fucking rock our socks off. Anything less will be a disappointment.
Needless to say, this HAS to be better than last year's shitbag they called "Final Battle." Period.
OH, I forgot to say, I think Generico needs to win. Mainly so we can get some fresh Title matches with Generico actually winning big matches. Obvious one is a match with Lethal down the line, plus I could also see a 3-way with both Lethal & Steen. Those two need to settle their differences anyway, so Generico could still have some great defenses against Eddie, Roddy, Davey(?), Rhino, dare I say Matt Hardy, before eventually losing the title to Elgin. BOOK IT!
Last edited by Jack Evans 187; 11-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.