Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS) - Page 55 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #541 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
asdf0501's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,231
asdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caponex75 View Post
Did also know in 2006 that guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan would be nowhere near the main event and wuld be at best midcarders? Did you also know that 2006 is coming close to almost 7 years ago? Things change and in the current era, it matters more about how good you are and how over you can get. Heck, Okada wasn't worth a damn the same time last year and now even the WWE is hunting for him. What KENTA has is the ability to look credible against anyone. Even in his Jr days(Yes, past tence since that is behind him), he was more believable against a guy like Morishima than a guy like Yone was.....that was during a time Morishima was bigger that what he is now. In all honesty, his size(Though he has bulked up for the last two) hasn't been as much of a issue as people have been trying to make it seem. I can't remember a time when the idea of KENTA going over a heavyweight drew a negative reaction. When he wrestled the then GHC Champion, Jun Akiyama, the crowd still rallied for him. I see no problem and quite honestly, I don't think anyone else does ether.
Yeah in 2006 Rey Mysterio was WHC, get out of here with that "mindset changes"

You don't need to talk about Okada, he always was a promise for puroresu since his tags againts NOAH in 2009. But yes guess what, Okada change his gimmick and bulk the fuck up to really look credible in his new setting

So all your argument is an american mindset to puroresu? This is not america, Puroresu functs in a different way. Tell me one Jr who has work in a heavyweight setting beinmg able to draw attention for him and we can talk,.

And this "he is getting reaction in his matches" doesn't change anything, Nagata always gets a reaction and guess what he is a disaster business wise because he was fucked up by New Japan. Getting a reaction in one match doesn't necessary mean shit, because is probably the story of the match that drive the crowd on, specially if you are a junior wrestling against fucking beasts like Akiyama or Morishima

You want to talk a about a mindset change? yes is posible but that change needs to come from a company who can draw people enough to care for a Jr. not from one that is in the shit bussiness wise, and if you think this is really going to success and is not "desperate move 300" you are being clearly naive
__________________


http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic187936_15.gif

Only one is a wanderer, two together are always going somewhere.

Last edited by asdf0501 : 01-27-2013 at 05:03 PM.
asdf0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #542 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Japanese Puroresu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,037
Japanese Puroresu needs to take rep more seriousJapanese Puroresu needs to take rep more seriousJapanese Puroresu needs to take rep more seriousJapanese Puroresu needs to take rep more seriousJapanese Puroresu needs to take rep more seriousJapanese Puroresu needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf0501 View Post
Yeah in 2006 Rey Mysterio was WHC, get out of here with that "mindset changes"

You don't need to talk about Okada, he always was a promise for puroresu since his tags againts NOAH in 2009. But yes guess what, Okada change his gimmick and bulk the fuck up to really look credible in his new setting

So all your argument is an american mindset to puroresu? This is not america, Puroresu functs in a different way. Tell me one Jr who has work in a heavyweight setting beinmg able to draw attention for him and we can talk,.

And this "he is getting reaction in his matches" doesn't change anything, Nagata always gets a reaction and guess what he is a disaster business wise because he was fucked up by New Japan. Getting a reaction in one match doesn't necessary mean shit, because is probably the story of the match that drive the crowd on, specially if you are a junior wrestling against fucking beasts like Akiyama or Morishima

You want to talk a about a mindset change? yes is posible but that change needs to come from a company who can draw people enough to care for a Jr. not from one that is in the shit bussiness wise, and if you think this is really going to success and is not "desperate move 300" you are being clearly naive
The only reason Mysterio sniffed that title was because Eddie died. Don't get it twisted. You always want the larger than life guys at the top. You hope to have guys who can sell like a mother fucker though like your Jericho's, Punks, KENTA's etc.
__________________
Quote:
This Is Sum Bull Man. I Knew This Match Was Gonna Happen Because On Raw When The Sheild Beat Team Hell No At The End Of The Match They Held The Tag Titles And They Did The Same To Kofi. Kane And Brian Better Win Or Its Gonna Be To Scripted
Japanese Puroresu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #543 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,868
Chismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniomare007 View Post
It actually started during Kobashi's reign. When they had 2 years to elevate and build someone as their next heavyweight star and didn't to shit about it. Rikio was a horrible choice, but they didn't have any other option at that point.

Having horrible booking for 4-5 years didn't help either.
Yeah, you can say it that way too. As fantastic as the match was, Akiyama needed that win against Kobashi at the Dome. But even after they decided Rikio is the new man, there was still a chance. The V1 defense was the key - it needed to be Akiyama, Misawa or the Kobashi rematch. Instead, they went with fucking Akitoshi Saito. BUM! Career dead! V2 was Tanahashi, and he wasn't super credible for GHC back then. Not to mention it wasn't even close to the main event on the card. When Misawa came for V3, it was too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caponex75 View Post
Did also know in 2006 that guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan would be nowhere near the main event and wuld be at best midcarders? Did you also know that 2006 is coming close to almost 7 years ago? Things change and in the current era, it matters more about how good you are and how over you can get. Heck, Okada wasn't worth a damn the same time last year and now even the WWE is hunting for him. What KENTA has is the ability to look credible against anyone. Even in his Jr days(Yes, past tence since that is behind him), he was more believable against a guy like Morishima than a guy like Yone was.....that was during a time Morishima was bigger that what he is now. In all honesty, his size(Though he has bulked up for the last two) hasn't been as much of a issue as people have been trying to make it seem. I can't remember a time when the idea of KENTA going over a heavyweight drew a negative reaction. When he wrestled the then GHC Champion, Jun Akiyama, the crowd still rallied for him. I see no problem and quite honestly, I don't think anyone else does ether.

Oh and Kensuke drew with Sugiura awhile back. Even if he sees a KENTA loss beneath him, getting something out of him is better than nothing.



Show me the context of that. I don't see any wrestlers in the ring. Was this Pre show? Main Event? I mean I can take a picture of a a few people gathered before today's Royal Rumble but that doesn't mean it is the legit record for attendance now does it?
Jushin Liger was the NJPW booker in 2000. He was super popular (duh!), yet he never booked himself as the Heavyweight champion. Why? Because he's smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywall2breakerj View Post
Glad KENTA won the belt, that will atleast keep their current fanbase.
No, it won't.

Last edited by Chismo : 01-28-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Chismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #544 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,927
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Yeah, KENTA as champ of Morishima has already knocked my interest off from caring.

Don't hate KENTA like some here do...but I already went on record in saying Morishima was pretty much the only guy keeping me with a shred of interest.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #545 (permalink)
A real SHOOTER
 
Ham and Egger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Across The Sea
Posts: 14,221
Ham and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Well KENTA winning the title has renewed my interest in the promotion. I look forward to seeing how they'll book his run with the strap. I probably won't follow it as closely as NJPW but I'll start from watching KENTA's championship match.
__________________
Ham and Egger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #546 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
asdf0501's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,231
asdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
Yeah, you can say it that way too. As fantastic as the match was, Akiyama needed that win against Kobashi at the Dome. But even after they decided Rikio is the new man, there was still a chance. The V1 defense was the key - it needed to be Akiyama, Misawa or the Kobashi rematch. Instead, they went with fucking Akitoshi Saito. BUM! Career dead! V2 was Tanahashi, and he wasn't super credible for GHC back then. Not to mention it wasn't even close to the main event on the card. When Misawa came for V3, it was too late.
You even can say they fuck it up before that.

Akiyama was their hottest thing at the begining of the company, they let him beat Kobashi in the debut shows and then beat Misawa for the belt even before Kobashi.

For what? Losing the belt against Misawa's pet with a fucking small Package. They fuck it up Akiyama for good after that. The Kobashi loss was just the nail in the coffin. And then they make him lose against a jr AGAIN in his second reign.

At least if they were able to protect Akiyama like they should in that time, maybe they still could have a draw, Just maybe...
__________________


http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic187936_15.gif

Only one is a wanderer, two together are always going somewhere.

Last edited by asdf0501 : 01-29-2013 at 01:25 AM.
asdf0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #547 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 柴田はノーコメント
Posts: 1,047
Hera needs to take rep more seriousHera needs to take rep more seriousHera needs to take rep more seriousHera needs to take rep more seriousHera needs to take rep more seriousHera needs to take rep more seriousHera needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
This is from a press conference for a new tokusatsu (think power rangers, kamen rider, ultraman so on) show called Fire Leon. Apparently some of the NJPW guys will be appearing on the show and Okada is going to star in it or something.
__________________

「ハッ! 借りは返したぞ! ただそれだけだ!以上!!」
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #548 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
MTheBehemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,957
MTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
Hot.
__________________
MTheBehemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #549 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ywall2breakerj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Croatia
Posts: 686
ywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friendsywall2breakerj needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Quote:
No, it won't.
Yes it will. NOAH's current fanbase treats KENTER like God and will continue to do so. NOAH's current fanbase won't fill out the Budokan, but it also won't get to Zero-1 level bad....... at least not in the near future. That's the realistic viewpoint.
__________________
Quote:
A true bond of trust between a master and a pet must be deeper than the Sea of Japan and longer than Choshu's mullet
ywall2breakerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #550 (permalink)
A real SHOOTER
 
Ham and Egger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Across The Sea
Posts: 14,221
Ham and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth readingHam and Egger has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official Puro Results/Spoilers Discussion Thread (BEWARE OF THE SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
This is from a press conference for a new tokusatsu (think power rangers, kamen rider, ultraman so on) show called Fire Leon. Apparently some of the NJPW guys will be appearing on the show and Okada is going to star in it or something.
Okada is going Hollywood!
__________________
Ham and Egger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios