Man, if Bryan vs Sheamus had gotten a proper go home sequence, we could have had 4.5-5 range. As it stands, I can't in good conscience give it more than 4.25. Doesn't matter, this was an arrival match that announced both as upper mid card fixtures and future main eventers. Sheamus proved he could work a match that downplayed his size and strength, and Bryan is 1 for 1 on working a main event style match.
Cena vs Brock was a small piece of cinema. I loved the visuals of Brock standing on the stairs in the middle of the ring, and just how sadistic he was. I agree that the ending completely screwed what should have been a Clubber Lang storyline, and could have turned into a great "Dark Period" of Brock killing everything that moved for several months. But hey, what do I know? I never wrote for a soap opera so my opinion means jack.
Punk vs Jericho I'm going to have to watch again.
I am anticipating Punk vs Bryan, but not so much the return of Johnny Ace.
Bryan vs. Sheamus ****1/4
Punk vs. Jericho ****1/4
Cena vs. Lesnar ****3/4
Great show. On par with WrestleMania. Cena going over made complete sense in terms of the match they worked up until that point. Blood is so essential sometimes.
The two title matches both delivered in spades. The Street Fight was just a great throwback to the ECW days, with both guys wearing jeans and Punk even dressing similar to Justin Credible. Never thought we'd get kendo sticks in 2012 WWE. The feud has been midly embarrassing, but this was a great sendoff.
I always appreciate Sheamus and Bryan working together and the 2/3 Falls match was no exception. Just a really well worked match with some great storytelling. Almost disappointed that they're pulling the plug on Bryan/Punk so soon, because DB working with both Del Rio and Sheamus could've been excellent.
Also watched the latest episode of ROH, featuring some action from the latest iPPV. I thought Bennett-Storm was pretty decent (around ***) and the Last Man Standing La Revancha Match was really good but not really up to snuff with their PWG work (around ***1/4).
Last edited by peachchaos : 05-01-2012 at 12:16 PM.
1. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar - WWE Extreme Rules 4/29/12
2. Negro Casas vs Blue Panther - CMLL 3/2/12
3. Dave Finlay vs Sami Callihan - EVOLVE 4/13/12
4. Negro Casas vs La Sombra - CMLL 2/13/12
5. El Hijo Del Santo/Villano IV vs El Hijo Del Solitario/Angel Blanco Jr. - TXT 2/25/12
6. Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus - WWE Extreme Rules 4/29/12
7. Dave Finlay vs Tajiri - SMASH 2/19/12
8. Jun Akiyama vs Takao Omori - AJPW 2/3/12
9. El Hijo Del Santo/Villano IV vs El Hijo Del Solitario/Angel Blanco Jr. - TXT 3/23/12
10. Too Cold Scorpio vs Vordell Walker - PWE 1/28/12
11. Virus/Arkangel De La Muerte vs Fuego/Valiente - CMLL 2/21/12
12. Sami Callihan vs Rich Swann - CZW An Excellent Adventure 1/14/12
13. CM Punk vs Mark Henry - WWE Raw 4/2/12
14. Black Terry vs Chico Che - IWRG 1/22/12
15. Black Terry vs Chico Che - IWRG 1/29/12
16. Blue Panther vs Negro Casas - CMLL 1/27/12
17. Yuki Ishikawa/Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Tatsumi Fujinami/Mitsuya Nagai - Legend The Pro-Wrestling 1/8/12
18. Daniel Bryan vs The Big Show - WWE Smackdown 1/6/12
19. Jun Akiyama/Kenta Kobashi vs Kensuke Sasaki/Mitsuhiro Kitanomiya - Diamond Ring 2/11/12
20. Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk - WWE Smackdown 2/21/12
I guess I'll have to watch Extreme Rules these days. Was Cena/Lesnar really that unique?
A perfectly booked match with pretty much a flawless performance from both guys. The match is so good that the same crowd that boo'd Cena out of building last year at MITB actually cheer him on.
A match to watch especially if you've read the spoilers. I agree that star ratings don't really do it justice, but a lot of people are simply underrating this because they didn't like the outcome. Match is an absolute spectacle and there's not anything in recent memory that even compares.