The 2012 MOTYC thread - Page 107 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1061 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 03:39 AM
Rowdy Rahddy
 
11 Pipers Piping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

I'm beginning to doubt more and more whether I saw HHH/Taker, anymore. Especially with these comments and ratings of late...

11 Pipers Piping is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1062 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 03:45 AM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
justbringitbitch and imnotastar are trolls. Rock316AE seems to legitimately fells the way he does about these things and makes an effort to back his claims up, even if I disagree with them most of the time (hell I call him out on a lot of the stuff he says). Just because you strongly disagree with someone's opinion doesn't make them a troll.
Nope but referring to any wrestler, especially great one's, that are over with the crowd and either on the verge of or already maineventing as "indy jobber vanilla midget hacks that will never get over and are midcarders" is trolling, and he constantly refers to them as such every time he invades a thread about them, and whenever anyone legitimately argues his point he never responds to it. The dude is a troll plain and simple because he baits everyone in threads that he's not wanted in just to get a reaction. Just because he's a more calculating troll doesn't mean he's not a troll.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
I'm beginning to doubt more and more whether I saw HHH/Taker, anymore. Especially with these comments and ratings of late...
I gave it this rating purely because of the tension and drama throughout the match. The actual wrestling itself wasn't innovative or great, but the match won me over solely on the storytelling.

"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock

Last edited by THANOS; 05-29-2012 at 03:49 AM.
THANOS is offline  
post #1063 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
MF83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot!"
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

KUSHIDA vs Devitt upwards of four stars as well





MF83 is offline  
post #1064 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,868
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the laugh and the credibility shot you gave yourself! I can agree with Taker/HHH and Lesnar/Cena being top matches, but placing Sheamus/Bryan and Punk/Bryan on the second tier is freakin LOL cringeworthy even for you!
You're a fucking disgrace for this thread. And people like you. If anyone else posted something similar, no one would say a word. But hey, it's Rock316AE, so let's make bananas!
Chismo is offline  
post #1065 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 07:03 AM
XMAS JOY~
 
the joy~! of seabsmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ----->
Posts: 28,674
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Tama Tonga vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW 2012/05/27
The only MOTYC that has Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Tama fuckin' Tonga in it, I can guarantee you that. Two thirds of this weren't anything too great (aside from the stuff with Tanahashi and Naito), but the finishing stretch was where the match really shined. Think of your typical NJPW main event multi-man tag match just going that extra level. Really looking forward to Tanahashi/Okada II now.
Rating: ****
Ishii and Tonga are really good. Ishii had a MOTYC with Nagata last year btw too.

Rock/Cena was in no way a MOTYC either. Control segments in the middle looked horrible and dragged really badly. Chemistry didn't seem to be there. Went longer than it needed to. Wasn't a fan of the final 5 minutes either with the generic "I kick out of your finisher and return the favour" that nearly every major WWE match ends up being these days. Wouldn't say the crowd was bad for it but because of the open arena it didn't come across very well at all on TV. They seemed really quiet while they were working holds in the middle though.

the joy~! of seabsmas is offline  
post #1066 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
EmbassyForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Monday Night RAW 2012.05.28:

- Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk - ***3/4
Another great match.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic208820_14.gif
EmbassyForever is offline  
post #1067 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Pineapple Jheri, mon.
 
Yeah1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BOB BACKLUND
Posts: 9,950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
Ishii and Tonga are really good. Ishii had a MOTYC with Nagata last year btw too.

Rock/Cena was in no way a MOTYC either. Control segments in the middle looked horrible and dragged really badly. Chemistry didn't seem to be there. Went longer than it needed to. Wasn't a fan of the final 5 minutes either with the generic "I kick out of your finisher and return the favour" that nearly every major WWE match ends up being these days. Wouldn't say the crowd was bad for it but because of the open arena it didn't come across very well at all on TV. They seemed really quiet while they were working holds in the middle though.
worst things about it might have been the submissions. Those two should like......never work a hold.

Yeah1993 is offline  
post #1068 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Ho!
 
The Evil Santadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
I gave it this rating purely because of the tension and drama throughout the match. The actual wrestling itself wasn't innovative or great, but the match won me over solely on the storytelling.
That seems to be the story for the match, and with that story I've seen people rate it anywhere from ***3/4-****3/4. I personally give it **** right now, and I don't see myself ever going up on it.

As far as Rock316AE goes, when it comes to Rock or Punk, I already know what he's going to say and have beyond cared for his opinion on those two guys. His bias clouds his thought and reasoning on them and there's no point anymore in even engaging in a discussion with him on them or anything they do. I haven't seen him be quite as harsh on Bryan as Punk, but it's there and maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

TBH I'm surprised he even put it Punk/Bryan OTL on "second tier".

However, outside of those 2-3 wrestlers, I think he's generally a good poster that offers good insight.

I'm watching you...



The Evil Santadow is offline  
post #1069 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
jawbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

I'd been smoking a vaporizer for four hours and I still couldn't enjoy Rock/Cena. I remember just getting angry at how bad it was. Rewatched it sober and yeah it wasn't good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx Hero View Post
This is the other wrestling section. It's still fake to us.
jawbreaker is offline  
post #1070 of 2789 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Zatiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Maybe it's good that I only watched Cena/Rock once. I thought it was fine. Not a MOTY, not MOTN, but then I thought Punk/Jericho was the best on the show.

The opening was hot, and the callbacks to Hogan/Rock were fun. They wound up letting Rock get over on Cena more than I expected and both guys played their characters well until Rock wore out. I forgave the Bearhug spot since I imagined Rock needed the rest, though I can imagine it breaking things for others. I didn't mind them working the STF/Sharpshooter stuff at all, and actively liked how close Rock looked to losing around there. They had several good counters, like Cena refusing to take the People's Elbow early and winding up going for the Five Knuckle Shuffle. I also agree with Seabs that the attempted finisher-fest at the end was standard procedure, but it's standard procedure because main eventers doing it is fun, especially for the first time between two stars as big as these. Not even on my favorite matches of the year list, but I think some folks are being a little too hard on it.
Zatiel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome