Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Dec 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread
I thought 2/4/12 was another strong episode
- The opening recap of Final Battle and promo from Bennett did a good job of hyping the TV title match.
- As for the match itself I thought it was really good. I loved how they constantly countered each other showing just how well both men know each other after their numerous encounters. I have to say Bennett is a great heel, he has the cocky, young bastard gimmick down to a science. He finds ways to cheat in all of his matches but he stays competitive enough to look legit against his competition which is a good thing and this match was no different. I actually loved the strike exchange mid-match because in this situation it made sense because these guys have been at each others throats for months so they just wanted to lay into each other. It had a couple of nice near-falls at the end leading to what I thought was a nice creative ending.
- This feud between Edwards and O'Reilly is good in my opinion because it feels very natural like something that could actually happen. Their match should be really good
- Great video package from Final Battle about Steen. The following promo was really good. I hope they don't drop the ball on Steen's eventual title shot, the build for his inevitable clash is already getting going and anticipation is already rising
- Briscoes vs. HOT next episode should be good. Inside ROH did a good job of hyping a few matches and furthering the ANX/Young Bucks feud
- The Young Bucks and their immature goofball gimmick are really entertaining
- WGTT wasn't cringeworthy on the mic. I still wish Shelton Benjamin took speech class as a kid. Interesting having an impromptu title match. Of course it really wasn't a match but it was a solid brawl, great noticable heat between both teams
WF's first official Mike Bennett mark