Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread
Going to remove all the ones that were as a result of someone winning something that guaranteed them a title shot:
1. Xavier vs Low Ki (Unscripted) - arguably devalued the belt, but in context makes a ton of sense as far as giving the promotion a legit heel.
3. Samoa Joe vs Tom Carter vs Matt Stryker vs Colt Cabana (Epic Encounter) - not a "real" title match, purely to establish Joe as a dominant fighting champion.
4. Samoa Joe vs Dan Maff (Wrestlerave 03) - got Maff over huge, wasn't a bad match and didn't hurt anyone
5. Samoa Joe vs BJ Whitmer (Wrath of the Racket) - got Whitmer over
7. Samoa Joe vs Trent Acid (Testing the Limit) - One.
8. Samoa Joe vs Rocky Romero (Gold) - eh, not great but not terrible, a filler defense before Punk's next shot
11. Bryan Danielson vs BJ Whitmer vs Jimmy Jacobs (Throwdown) - Two.
12. Bryan Danielson vs Sonjay Dutt (Death Before Dishonor 4) - Three.
13. Homicide vs Jimmy Rave (5th Year Festival NYC) - Haven't seen this one. Maybe four.
14. Takeshi Morishima vs Homicide (5th Year Festival Philly)
15. Takeshi Morishima vs BJ Whitmer (5th Year Festival Dayton)
16. Takeshi Morishima vs Shingo (Good Times, Great Memories)
17. Takeshi Morishima vs BJ Whitmer (Respect Is Earned)
18. Takeshi Morishima vs Adam Pearce (Driven)
19. Takeshi Morishima vs Jimmy Rave (Driven)
Morishima's reign was all about establishing the belt by making Morishima look like a super monster who nobody could beat. All the squashes and bad matches were part of that angle, and it all built up to Nigel's title win.
Interestingly, you didn't name a single defense from Aries' first reign, even though he defended the belt the most frequently of any champion ever (except maybe Danielson).
This is the other wrestling section. It's still fake to us.