ROH on SBG Discussion Thread - Page 26 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #251 (permalink)
Can't stop eating peanuts
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Highway 61
Posts: 7,665
Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Give it a chance, and I think you will be rewarded. Especially when they start focussing on the Steen storyline thats going on which is better than anything WWE/TNA have done for ages.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #252 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 260
paracetamol 101 - 250paracetamol 101 - 250
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

really liked the show, thought it was much better than the 1st week which felt kinda flat. there's still room for improvement but overall i'm pretty happy with how things develop.
paracetamol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #253 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
topper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 549
topper1 251 - 500topper1 251 - 500topper1 251 - 500topper1 251 - 500
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
Give it a chance, and I think you will be rewarded. Especially when they start focussing on the Steen storyline thats going on which is better than anything WWE/TNA have done for ages.
Summer of Punk 2?
topper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #254 (permalink)
Can't stop eating peanuts
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Highway 61
Posts: 7,665
Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500Bubz 13001 - 13500
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Yeah, 'Summer Of Punk 2' was awesome, but I was dissapointed with how the angle eventually played out. I have a feeling this Steen angle will be very satisfying with the way ROH is drawing it out.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #255 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Sykova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 875
Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
Yeah, 'Summer Of Punk 2' was awesome, but I was dissapointed with how the angle eventually played out. I have a feeling this Steen angle will be very satisfying with the way ROH is drawing it out.
Give a rundown of the storyline, please.
__________________
Sykova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #256 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
peachchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 558
peachchaos 251 - 500peachchaos 251 - 500peachchaos 251 - 500peachchaos 251 - 500peachchaos 251 - 500
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Here's a breakdown of the Kevin Steen vs. Ring of Honor feud:

* 2007-2009: Kevin Steen and El Generico rise to the top of the ROH Tag Team Division.
* Final Battle 2009: Steen turns on Generico
* Early 2010: Steve Corino is revealed as Steen's mentor; Colt Cabana decides to help his friend Generico
* Generico does not want to fight Steen, but is pressured when seeing the carnage inflicted on other wrestlers
* Mid 2010: A series of brutal tag matches ensues, with neither team getting the upper hand
* DBD7: Steen and Generico have their first one-on-one encounter, but Steen cheats to win
* Cabana def. Corino in an I Quit Match, effectively agreeing to end their involvement
* Jim Cornette and ROH management express their concerns about the feud, since all the bloody hardcore matches have cost the company thousands of dollars in damages and put the fans at risk. He blames most everything on Kevin Steen.
* A Fight Without Honor is booked with added stipulations: if Steen wins, Generico unmasks. If Generico wins, Steen is banished from ROH (exactly what Cornette wants to happen).
* Final Battle 2010: Generico def. Steen
* Steen is not seen or mentioned in ROH for over 6 months.
* Early 2011: Steve Corino apologizes for his actions and claims to be rehabilitating his career. He promises to do evil things no longer. The ROH locker room is skeptical.
* Mid 2011: After months and months of trying to do the right thing and stay out of trouble, Corino finds himself outnumbered by the House of Truth. He brings in his new sponsor, Jimmy Jacobs, to help keep him on the straight path.
* Through various social media sources, Kevin Steen claims to be a reformed man, much like Corino.
* Despite having Jacobs at his side, Corino makes the judgement to buy Steen a plain ticket to help against the House of Truth in NYC. Both Cornette and Jacobs are skeptical of this decision.
* Best in the World 2011: Steen arrives to a huge ovation, but takes out everyone in sight, including Corino, Jacobs, the House of Truth and ringside attendants. Cornette swears on his mother's grave this will be the last time anyone sees Steen in an ROH ring. This pretty much makes Steen the most over-wrestler in the promotion.
* "Is Kevin Steen right?" flyers start appearing on cars after ROH events.
* Steen's name is removed from the roster, past results, and message board pages of rohwrestling.com
* Although the angle is referred to in passing, Kevin Steen's name is not mentioned in videos.
* Almost a year removed from the Steen/Generico feud, ROH books Corino against Generico in a match where Steve has to prove his loyalty. Due to prior commitments and fear of reverting to his old ways, Corino backs out of the match and has Jacobs take his place.
* Aided by fans, Steen hacks the forum on the ROH website and posts a threatening video just a few days before the iPPV in NYC.
* DBD8: Steen returns, powerbombs Jacobs on the ring apron and wreaks havoc as the entire locker room tries to stop him. Cornette and Generico try desperately to fight Steen but are held back. Former ROH owner and generally great human being, Cary Silken, offers his hand to Steen in an attempt to ease the tension. Steen responds by nearly package pile-driving Silken, but is stopped and carried out. This angle is never mentioned again in the ppv broadcast.
* Post-show, outside of the venue, Steen gives a roaring speech to ROH fans, openly dissing Davey Richards and Jim Cornette.
* ROH debuts a new TV show and offers no recap of this feud and no mention of Kevin Steen.

Last edited by peachchaos : 10-03-2011 at 04:17 PM.
peachchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #257 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 103
Mastodon 50 - 100
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
Just watched the second episode. Lethal/Generico was a great TV match. The crowd was red hot for the match especially after the restart.
Agreed. It really made this weeks show fun for me. Nothing adds more to a wrestling show than a hot crowd. I thought the "Inside ROH" Eddie Edwards segement was well done. Crazy how he wrestled the next night after getting an injury like that.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #258 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Sykova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 875
Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000Sykova 501 - 1000
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Wow, thanks Peachchaos. I wish I was on the RoH train when this went down, sounds amazing. So Steen is most likely going to return again? Or is he legit done with RoH? If he is going to return, I'm glad I can watch the carnage now!
__________________
Sykova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #259 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Flyboy78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,378
Flyboy78 501 - 1000Flyboy78 501 - 1000Flyboy78 501 - 1000Flyboy78 501 - 1000Flyboy78 501 - 1000Flyboy78 501 - 1000Flyboy78 501 - 1000
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachchaos View Post
Here's a breakdown of the Kevin Steen vs. Ring of Honor feud:

* 2007-2009: Kevin Steen and El Generico rise to the top of the ROH Tag Team Division.
* Final Battle 2009: Steen turns on Generico
* Early 2010: Steve Corino is revealed as Steen's mentor; Colt Cabana decides to help his friend Generico
* Generico does not want to fight Steen, but is pressured when seeing the carnage inflicted on other wrestlers
* Mid 2010: A series of brutal tag matches ensues, with neither team getting the upper hand
* DBD7: Steen and Generico have their first one-on-one encounter, but Steen cheats to win
* Cabana def. Corino in an I Quit Match, effectively agreeing to end their involvement
* Jim Cornette and ROH management express their concerns about the feud, since all the bloody hardcore matches have cost the company thousands of dollars in damages and put the fans at risk. He blames most everything on Kevin Steen.
* A Fight Without Honor is booked with added stipulations: if Steen wins, Generico unmasks. If Generico wins, Steen is banished from ROH (exactly what Cornette wants to happen).
* Final Battle 2010: Generico def. Steen
* Steen is not seen or mentioned in ROH for over 6 months.
* Early 2011: Steve Corino apologizes for his actions and claims to be rehabilitating his career. He promises to do evil things no longer. The ROH locker room is skeptical.
* Mid 2011: After months and months of trying to do the right thing and stay out of trouble, Corino finds himself outnumbered by the House of Truth. He brings in his new sponsor, Jimmy Jacobs, to help keep him on the straight path.
* Through various social media sources, Kevin Steen claims to be a reformed man, much like Corino.
* Despite having Jacobs at his side, Corino makes the judgement to buy Steen a plain ticket to help against the House of Truth in NYC. Both Cornette and Jacobs are skeptical of this decision.
* Best in the World 2011: Steen arrives to a huge ovation, but takes out everyone in sight, including Corino, Jacobs, the House of Truth and ringside attendants. Cornette swears on his mother's grave this will be the last time anyone sees Steen in an ROH ring. This pretty much makes Steen the most over-wrestler in the promotion.
* "Is Kevin Steen right?" flyers start appearing on cars after ROH events.
* Steen's name is removed from the roster, past results, and message board pages of rohwrestling.com
* Although the angle is referred to in passing, Kevin Steen's name is not mentioned in videos.
* Almost a year removed from the Steen/Generico feud, ROH books Corino against Generico in a match where Steve has to prove his loyalty. Due to prior commitments and fear of reverting to his old ways, Corino backs out of the match and has Jacobs take his place.
* Aided by fans, Steen hacks the forum on the ROH website and posts a threatening video just a few days before the iPPV in NYC.
* DBD8: Steen returns, powerbombs Jacobs on the ring apron and wreaks havoc as the entire locker room tries to stop him. Cornette and Generico try desperately to fight Steen but are held back. Former ROH owner and generally great human being, Cary Silken, offers his hand to Steen in an attempt to ease the tension. Steen responds by nearly package pile-driving Silken, but is stopped and carried out. This angle is never mentioned again in the ppv broadcast.
* Post-show, outside of the venue, Steen gives a roaring speech to ROH fans, openly dissing Davey Richards and Jim Cornette.
* ROH debuts a new TV show and offers no recap of this feud and no mention of Kevin Steen.
And this is why I laugh at ROH's detractors when they say it's just a bunch of workers and nothing more. The creative at WWE couldn't have a wet dream that comes close to this. Amazing stuff, especially the viral stuff like the forum hack and the flyers on car windshields.
__________________

THECULTOFAJ
Flyboy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 AM   #260 (permalink)
IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN~!
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,403
Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000Dragon 10501 - 11000
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

I love the viral stuff. That's why the AOTF angle is one of my faves of all time. It's awesome when the stories are being told through multiple different mediums, at once.

Peachchaos didn't really do justice to how long the Steen turn was teased for btw. He'd been pushing Generico around since...forever. Their team had a "big brother, little brother" dynamic. At one point they were, pretty much, a face/heel tag team, before patching things up, and then, eventually, BAM! Steen feigned retirement, worked everyone and turned.



The bookend chairshots are really important too. Starting and ending the initial Steen vs. Generico feud.

Don't know whether Truth Martini will stage a life intervention on Jacobs, Corino, Steen or anyone else yet. The HOT were tangled up with Generico, for the first half of this year, but they seem to have drifted away.

Quite a lot of detail to this and no-one has a clue where it's all going.
__________________

Last edited by Dragon : 10-04-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios