ROH on SBG Discussion Thread - Page 119 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #1181 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
EmbassyForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,060
EmbassyForever needs to make some friendsEmbassyForever needs to make some friendsEmbassyForever needs to make some friendsEmbassyForever needs to make some friendsEmbassyForever needs to make some friendsEmbassyForever needs to make some friendsEmbassyForever needs to make some friendsEmbassyForever needs to make some friends
Question Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
Except a lot of them are, because he sucks. And please stop talking about gimmicks because you don't know what they are. Also maybe try watching wrestling and forming your own opinions rather than asking everyone else what to think.
Why you are so mad?
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic208820_14.gif
EmbassyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #1182 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,999
Combat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbassyForever View Post
Why you are so mad?
Exactly, from what I've seen jawbreaker is the guy who's always making the most angry posts trying to put someone down, Easily the definition of a smark. I think I know what gimmicks is and I think I watch wrestling otherwise why would I be on a forum and sicuss it. The point of a wrestlling forum is to discuss. I ask everyone else what to think because things I ask about are things I don't know about, That's called not being one of those people who watch something then think they know all about it, so I ask from people who have more experiences on things like that.
Combat Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #1183 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
jawbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,263
jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker jawbreaker
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Exactly, from what I've seen jawbreaker is the guy who's always making the most angry posts trying to put someone down, Easily the definition of a smark. I think I know what gimmicks is and I think I watch wrestling otherwise why would I be on a forum and sicuss it. The point of a wrestlling forum is to discuss. I ask everyone else what to think because things I ask about are things I don't know about, That's called not being one of those people who watch something then think they know all about it, so I ask from people who have more experiences on things like that.
what is the definition of a smark, please tell me

no, you don't know what a gimmick is, because you keep using the word where it has no real application

there's a difference between discussing wrestling and saying "please tell me what this is." there's nothing wrong with wanting to get the opinions of people who watch more than you but when you need to ask "how good is Charlie Haas" that makes it seem like you're terrified of being wrong so you don't express any opinions of your own. being a good message board poster is a give and take situation, you have to come into it ready to share what you think and ready to be receptive to what other people think. right now you're expecting people to basically tell you what to think without actually contributing much of value, and that's not how this place is supposed to work, especially when the questions you're asking could easily be answered if you bothered to stick around and read what people think.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx Hero View Post
This is the other wrestling section. It's still fake to us.
jawbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #1184 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,999
Combat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
what is the definition of a smark, please tell me

no, you don't know what a gimmick is, because you keep using the word where it has no real application

there's a difference between discussing wrestling and saying "please tell me what this is." there's nothing wrong with wanting to get the opinions of people who watch more than you but when you need to ask "how good is Charlie Haas" that makes it seem like you're terrified of being wrong so you don't express any opinions of your own. being a good message board poster is a give and take situation, you have to come into it ready to share what you think and ready to be receptive to what other people think. right now you're expecting people to basically tell you what to think without actually contributing much of value, and that's not how this place is supposed to work, especially when the questions you're asking could easily be answered if you bothered to stick around and read what people think.
A smark is a smart mark who supposedly knows the ins and outs of the business, so traits they show is too much knowledge of the wrestling industry to the point they think they know about it more then fans and the wrestling industry itself.

Again making generalazations like "people who watch more than you" and saying I don't know what a gimmick is, is just bashing. Asking what someone's gimmick is doesn't mean you don't know what it is. Maybe you're just one of those people who thinks a gimmick has to be Doink The Clown.

When I say how good is Charlie Haas I'm asking how good is he? That doesn't mean I'm afraid to be wrong, I just happen to not watch alot of ROH, so I'm asking how good is he from maybe people who do.
Combat Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #1185 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
sharkboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,391
sharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a push
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Saw ROH last night...meh. They showed highlights of the Richards/Steen match. I admit even though I downloaded BITW, I decided not to watch this match because I knew exactly what it was going to be. And according to the highlights I was damn right. Davey, as usual, no sold everything. Steen also no sold. Then again, I've come to the conclusion that that's just what ROH is all about. No selling. Fuck logic. You could send a guy head first through a table off the top rope and then moments later that same guy could get up like nothing ever happened and send your ass head first on a ladder. It doesn't matter if it's unrealsitc. Who neeeds to sell? Who needs to tell a story? As long as we get the fans slapping on the barricade and get the "This is awesome chants" going, that's all that matters.

Oh and the ending? It makes me laugh at how Cornette shits all over everything WWE and TNA does yet that's the shit the company he can't stop bragging about does. Let's fucking kill all the referees then about at the end just for the sake of it we do this big spot where Richards gets stabbed. Richards got stabbed!!! This is awesome!!! Pope gets stabbed in the eye with a pen from AJ Styles? This is bullshit!!

The after the match let's have ROH try to shive Richards down our throats even more. Come on. Even die hard ROH fans can't stand the guy. But anyway, ROH actually wants us to believe that Richards is the best in the world even poking fun of Jericho and Punk who are miles ahead of him in the ring- heck fucking John Cena is a better werestler than Richards. AT least wehn cena knows he has to deliver he sells and tells a story. Something that Richards is incapable of. So yeah, Kevin Steen has a lot of respect for him yet for some reaosn he stabs him. Weird.

One of the reasons why I started watching ROH a few years ago (well I shouldn't say watch, I don't follow that shit religiously at all then again Tyler Black got signed to FCW. What other reason was there to watch?) was because like so many I was looking for an alternative to WWE. This isn't an alternative for me at all. It's worse than the WWE. I can't stress how much I absolutely loathe this style of wrestling. There's no story to it whatsoever. How the heck could people find this sort of stuff appealing? It's nothing but mindless head dropping and various suplexes and submissions that don't even put pressure on a body part that got previously worked on.

I think I wouldn't mind ROH as much if it weren't for its brain washed fans (who for some ungodly reason tries to force this shitty style of wrestling on everyone because it's all about the movezz and the spotzz and the holddzz). When will people understand that it's not about the moves or how many of them you do. It's how you work into the match. It's amazing really. Anyway, next week Adam Cole will be in action. I wonder if I'll even bother with ROH again once WWE signs Cole? Then again they just might happen to find someone that I may take a liking to. I never thought I'd watch ROH again once Black left.
__________________

Last edited by sharkboy22 : 07-16-2012 at 01:28 PM.
sharkboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #1186 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
sharkboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,391
sharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a push
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
A smark is a smart mark who supposedly knows the ins and outs of the business, so traits they show is too much knowledge of the wrestling industry to the point they think they know about it more then fans and the wrestling industry itself.

Again making generalazations like "people who watch more than you" and saying I don't know what a gimmick is, is just bashing. Asking what someone's gimmick is doesn't mean you don't know what it is. Maybe you're just one of those people who thinks a gimmick has to be Doink The Clown.

When I say how good is Charlie Haas I'm asking how good is he? That doesn't mean I'm afraid to be wrong, I just happen to not watch alot of ROH, so I'm asking how good is he from maybe people who do.
According to Al Snow, the word smark doesn't exist. It's a bullshit term made up by several IWC memebers mostly due to their lack of knowledge of yet another commonly misused term in the business, mark. A mark isn't someone who thinks wrestlng is real. That's an idiot. A mark is simply a fan, the paying fan. Hence why you say stuff like I mark for such and such wrestler or I'm marking out. If a mark means what you think it is then wouldn't saying "I'm marking out" mean "I'm thinking this shit is real" To an extent yes because for one moment you're geting so caught up in the moment you forget that you're watching a scripted show. But for the record mark simply means fan.

So yeah smark doesn't exist. And I'm waiting for someone to tell me that I'm talking out of my ass caused while you're at it, go tell tell Al Snow that he's talking out of his ass as well.
__________________
sharkboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #1187 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
RDEvans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,608
RDEvans RDEvans RDEvans RDEvans RDEvans RDEvans
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Exactly. That "asshole" thing requires mic skills and I don't think they're sick to death of someone who only came 2 years ago.
Charlie Haas has impressed me as a heel in ROH. He has that tough guy SOB Attitude and plays a pretty good heel like knocking one of the briscoes out with chloroform ( I wouldn't be surprised if he turned on Benjamin soon). From being a comedy jobber in the WWE to a serious "asshole" heel in ROH is a great improvement for Haas.
__________________
http://www.pwponderings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ROHtv0322-05.jpg
RDEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #1188 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,999
Combat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more seriousCombat Analyst needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
According to Al Snow, the word smark doesn't exist. It's a bullshit term made up by several IWC memebers mostly due to their lack of knowledge of yet another commonly misused term in the business, mark. A mark isn't someone who thinks wrestlng is real. That's an idiot. A mark is simply a fan, the paying fan. Hence why you say stuff like I mark for such and such wrestler or I'm marking out. If a mark means what you think it is then wouldn't saying "I'm marking out" mean "I'm thinking this shit is real" To an extent yes because for one moment you're geting so caught up in the moment you forget that you're watching a scripted show. But for the record mark simply means fan.

So yeah smark doesn't exist. And I'm waiting for someone to tell me that I'm talking out of my ass caused while you're at it, go tell tell Al Snow that he's talking out of his ass as well.
Well can't argue with Al Snow, knows more about the wrestling business then this whole forum.
Combat Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #1189 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,561
USAUSA1 USAUSA1 USAUSA1 USAUSA1 USAUSA1 USAUSA1 USAUSA1 USAUSA1 USAUSA1 USAUSA1
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Charlie Haas is the best heel in the business(at least in US and Canada). He is a great talker because he gets straight to the point,set the tone,and never pander to the audience like "YES YES YES". Haas is a traditional heel. To say Haas suck in the ring is just stupid. He's one of the best amateur wrestlers in the business, he is a well respected veteran among his peers. I can't think of too many traditional heels in the business that is better. Maybe Roode or Pearce but that's it.
USAUSA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #1190 (permalink)
CM GOAT aka DR. PHIL
 
Jack Evans 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,083
Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAUSA1 View Post
Charlie Haas is the best heel in the business(at least in US and Canada). He is a great talker because he gets straight to the point,set the tone,and never pander to the audience like "YES YES YES". Haas is a traditional heel. To say Haas suck in the ring is just stupid. He's one of the best amateur wrestlers in the business, he is a well respected veteran among his peers. I can't think of too many traditional heels in the business that is better. Maybe Roode or Pearce but that's it.
I understand what you're trying to say, but being a great amateur wrestler doesn't mean you're great in the sport of professional wrestling. Charlie Haas just really does nothing for me these days. I wouldn't get excited for one of his singles matches against anyone on the ROH roster. His size just doesn't mesh well in the company. He can be a dick all he wants but not too many people care about it anymore. And I know I'm not alone.
__________________
Jack Evans 187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios