ROH on SBG Discussion Thread - Page 116 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #1151 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 991
YimYac YimYac YimYac YimYac
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

I like Road Rage house show editions
YimYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #1152 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
sharkboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,437
sharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a push
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Why is ROH TV show so damn far behind of the PPVs? It's killing them.
__________________
sharkboy22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #1153 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 606
Manu_Styles Manu_Styles Manu_Styles
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Why is ROH TV show so damn far behind of the PPVs? It's killing them.
ROH TV behind PPVs? Explain that
Manu_Styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #1154 (permalink)
That is why it's called organized crime.
 
KingCrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12,938
KingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whore
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu_Styles View Post
ROH TV behind PPVs? Explain that
Like this week's episode was Road Rage matches that took place before BITW and Cornette referenced the Steen/Davey title match and how if Eddie couldn't beat him Davey would. Plus it's been a couple of weeks since "new" content and next week they'll finally start telling people about BITW and showing a couple of matches from it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Kingston
....It's like watching Lost and getting angry at the end. "Fuck I've been watching this show for six years and it turned out to be the bullshit thing I thought it would be!"
KingCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #1155 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 606
Manu_Styles Manu_Styles Manu_Styles
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
Like this week's episode was Road Rage matches that took place before BITW and Cornette referenced the Steen/Davey title match and how if Eddie couldn't beat him Davey would. Plus it's been a couple of weeks since "new" content and next week they'll finally start telling people about BITW and showing a couple of matches from it.
They use to have 2 weeks of Road Rage before the new content, now they have more because the next iPPV is on september.
Manu_Styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #1156 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 606
Manu_Styles Manu_Styles Manu_Styles
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Also new Internet Match: C&C Wrestling Factory vs TD Thomas & QT Marshall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ett0...layer_embedded
Manu_Styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #1157 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,542
RoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friends
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu_Styles View Post
They use to have 2 weeks of Road Rage before the new content, now they have more because the next iPPV is on september.
That's a bad idea. Why not do 4 weeks of origional content use it to build up to a "Clash of the Champions" type of free PPV for their next Road Rage event.

Just because their not doing a PPV doesn't mean they should stop the story telling.

I hate to compare ROH to any other company because I'm not trying to put them down, I want them to be successful...

But WWE has a very interesting thing with AJ going on, Cena's in his first money in the bank and until the PPV happens they'll be advancing the storylines on every televised show they have.

Even in TNA, I'm kind of interested to see what's gonna happen with Aries.

I know ROH can do similiar things. They just don't. Won't cost them anymoney at all... They're already doing the tapings, they're already doing the house shows. So what the hell?
RoosterSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #1158 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,869
USAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friends
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterSmith View Post
That's a bad idea. Why not do 4 weeks of origional content use it to build up to a "Clash of the Champions" type of free PPV for their next Road Rage event.

Just because their not doing a PPV doesn't mean they should stop the story telling.

I hate to compare ROH to any other company because I'm not trying to put them down, I want them to be successful...

But WWE has a very interesting thing with AJ going on, Cena's in his first money in the bank and until the PPV happens they'll be advancing the storylines on every televised show they have.

Even in TNA, I'm kind of interested to see what's gonna happen with Aries.

I know ROH can do similiar things. They just don't. Won't cost them anymoney at all... They're already doing the tapings, they're already doing the house shows. So what the hell?
And Kevin Steen as champion doesn't excite you? Isn't this what the fans wanted for a year?

Personally, while ROH have a lot to work on, people EXPECTATIONS for ROH is too high. While WWE and TNA expectations are too low.

For example, Roode hold the title for 9 months, fans think its one of the best title reigns in years. Why? I don't know, ROH been doing long title reigns for years including the recent one with Davey Richards. The difference between the two guys, Roode is a good talker but Davey is a wayyyy better wrestler. Put Roode best matches from the past year and compare them to Richards matches from the past year, Richards got him by a mile. Richards gets an unfair wrap because he has the live up to the standards of Danielson,Punk,Joe,Nigel,etc. Roode doesn't have to live up to any standards because TNA title reigns has been horrific. Low expectations vs. high expectations. If you had to trade Richards for Roode like in the old territory days, would you do it?

People complain about Briscoes/WGTT but name me one tag team feud in the past year from WWE or TNA that was better? You can't,if this exact same feud happen in the WWE or TNA with the exact same results and matches fans would be going nuts. Low Expectations vs. High Expectations

The whole AJ/Kane/Daniel/Punk storyline is silly and the fact it involve the champion make it even worse. Imagine this same storyline in ROH with Punk/Danielson, it would get booed out the building.

Week in,week out ROH has the best WRESTLING on tv. Look at last week for example, no Raw,SD,or Impact match was better than Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen.

Now ROH does need a better tv taping schedule. Maybe a new,fresher booker like a Dave Marquez or even Scott D'Amore. They need better production, more shows as well but the actual wrestling is pretty good.
USAUSA1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #1159 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Rickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,833
Rickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new hereRickey better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAUSA1 View Post
And Kevin Steen as champion doesn't excite you? Isn't this what the fans wanted for a year?
What's to be excited about though? He's got the belt. Okay? He's not destroying the company, interrupting matches and basically acting like a violent psycho. He's supposed to be 'evil' according to Jim Cornette but the fans love him anyway. There's nothing exciting about the heel trying to get heat and then being met with cheers. It's hard to build up a babyface to finally take him down because the fans will most likely boo him if he beats Steen.

Quote:
Personally, while ROH have a lot to work on, people EXPECTATIONS for ROH is too high. While WWE and TNA expectations are too low.
Nah, not really

Quote:
For example, Roode hold the title for 9 months, fans think its one of the best title reigns in years. Why? I don't know, ROH been doing long title reigns for years including the recent one with Davey Richards. The difference between the two guys, Roode is a good talker but Davey is a wayyyy better wrestler. Put Roode best matches from the past year and compare them to Richards matches from the past year, Richards got him by a mile.
There's more to pro wrestling than the amount of moves you know. There's more to pro wrestling than just 'match quality' 'workrate' and a bunch of moves that don't mean anything by the end of the match. Roode's title run wasn't great because he held it a long time it was great because he made the title seem like the most important thing in the world.

Quote:
Low expectations vs. high expectations. If you had to trade Richards for Roode like in the old territory days, would you do it?
If I were in charge of ROH would I trade Richards for Roode if I could? ABSOLUTELY!

Quote:
People complain about Briscoes/WGTT but name me one tag team feud in the past year from WWE or TNA that was better? You can't,if this exact same feud happen in the WWE or TNA with the exact same results and matches fans would be going nuts. Low Expectations vs. High Expectations
Think people just got sick of it and wanted ANX to finally win the belts, sometimes ROH has people chasing forever.

Quote:
Week in,week out ROH has the best WRESTLING on tv. Look at last week for example, no Raw,SD,or Impact match was better than Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen.
There's more to pro wrestling than just...the wrestling. If I don't care I just don't care. You gotta get people emotionally invested in the matches, make it feel important.
__________________

You know you remember this.

Last edited by Rickey : 07-09-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #1160 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,542
RoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friendsRoosterSmith needs to make some friends
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAUSA1 View Post
And Kevin Steen as champion doesn't excite you? Isn't this what the fans wanted for a year?

Personally, while ROH have a lot to work on, people EXPECTATIONS for ROH is too high. While WWE and TNA expectations are too low.

For example, Roode hold the title for 9 months, fans think its one of the best title reigns in years. Why? I don't know, ROH been doing long title reigns for years including the recent one with Davey Richards. The difference between the two guys, Roode is a good talker but Davey is a wayyyy better wrestler. Put Roode best matches from the past year and compare them to Richards matches from the past year, Richards got him by a mile. Richards gets an unfair wrap because he has the live up to the standards of Danielson,Punk,Joe,Nigel,etc. Roode doesn't have to live up to any standards because TNA title reigns has been horrific. Low expectations vs. high expectations. If you had to trade Richards for Roode like in the old territory days, would you do it?

People complain about Briscoes/WGTT but name me one tag team feud in the past year from WWE or TNA that was better? You can't,if this exact same feud happen in the WWE or TNA with the exact same results and matches fans would be going nuts. Low Expectations vs. High Expectations

The whole AJ/Kane/Daniel/Punk storyline is silly and the fact it involve the champion make it even worse. Imagine this same storyline in ROH with Punk/Danielson, it would get booed out the building.

Week in,week out ROH has the best WRESTLING on tv. Look at last week for example, no Raw,SD,or Impact match was better than Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen.

Now ROH does need a better tv taping schedule. Maybe a new,fresher booker like a Dave Marquez or even Scott D'Amore. They need better production, more shows as well but the actual wrestling is pretty good.
Wrestling is good but that's it.

Nothing is wrong with their production, it's their product. The shows aren't good...

Kevin steen rules! I love having him there in ROH, but one man does not make a show...
RoosterSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios