Your 5 Star Match Lists - Page 128 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1271 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Russian Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

WWF/E
Owen Hart vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania 10
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart - Summerslam 1994
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania 13
Chris Benoit vs HBK vs HHH - Wrestlemania 20
Kurt Angle vs HBK - Wrestlemania 21
John Cena vs CM Punk - MITB 2011

TNA
Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels vs AJ Styles - Unbreakable 2005

ROH
Samoa Joe vs CM Punk - Joe Vs Punk II
Kenta Kobashi vs Samoa Joe - Joe vs Kobashi
Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi vs CIMA & Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi - ROH Supercard of Honor
Bryan Danielson vs KENTA - Glory By Honor V Night 2
Nigel MacGuinness vs Bryan Danielson - Unified
Davey Richards vs Tyler Black - Death Before Dishonor VIII
Davey Richards vs Eddie Edwards - Best in the World 2011
Davey Richards vs Michael Elgin - SitS Night 1 2012

NJPW
Tiger Mask I vs The Dynamite Kid - 04/23/83
Naoki Sano vs Jushin Thunder Liger - 1/31/1990
Chris Benoit vs Great Sasuke - Super J Cup 1994
El Samurai vs Koji Kanemoto - BOSJ 1997

AJPW
Tiger Mask II vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - 03/09/85
Jumbo Tsuruta vs Genichiro Tenryu - 06/06/89
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Jumbo Tsuruta - 06/08/90
Dan Kroffat & Doug Furnas vs Kenta Kobashi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi 05/25/92
Toshiaki Kawada vs Kenta Kobashi - 04/14/93
Stan Hansen vs Kenta Kobashi - 07/29/93
Steve Williams vs Kenta Kobashi - 08/31/93
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada - 06/03/94
Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada - 01/19/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - 01/24/95
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Akira Taue - 04/15/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - 06/09/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama vs Steve Williams & Johnny Ace - 06/07/96
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada - 06/06/97
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi - 10/31/98
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi - 6/11/99

NOAH
Kenta Kobashi vs Mitsuhara Misawa - 03/01/03
Kenta Kobashi vs Jun Akiyama - NOAH Departure 2004
Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki - 11/05/05
Kenta Kobashi vs Kensuke Sasaki - NOAH Destiny 2005
Naomichi Marufuji vs KENTA - 10/29/06

AAA
Los Gringos Locos vs El Hijo del Santo & Octagon - 11/06/94

AJW
Manami Toyota vs Toshiyo Yamada - 08/15/92
Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori - 04/02/93
Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki vs Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada - 04/11/93
Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada vs Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki - 12/06/93
Manami Toyota vs Kyoko Inoue - 08/24/94
Aja Kong vs Manami Toyota - 11/20/94
Manami Toyota vs Kyoko Inoue - 5/7/1995
Russian Hooligan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1272 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 AM
HE'S FAT
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
                     
Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

I feel like a five star match should be a perfect match with everything.

For me personally its always been:
Flair vs. Steamboat COTC match

Flair vs. Windham 1/20/87,they kept you on the edge of the seats.

Austin vs. Hart WM and Survivor Series,without these matches there would be no Austin or WWE.

Hart vs. HBK IronMan, this match always had its critics. They say its not enough falls or excitement. That's why I think its great. Its similar to the Flair/Windham in the sense that it will take more than the time limit to just get one pin over me,COMPETITION. In the early days of wrestling when it was LEGIT real, it would take 60-70 minutes just for one fall in the big matches. I think if there are more than 3 falls in a 60 minute IronMan match, it defeats the purpose.

Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles Sacrifice 2005 match is just amazing too me.
USAUSA1 is offline  
post #1273 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Waiting for Shinskay vs Okada at the Dome!
Posts: 3,067
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Cool Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Hooligan View Post
AJPW
Tiger Mask II vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - 03/09/85
Jumbo Tsuruta vs Genichiro Tenryu - 06/06/89
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Jumbo Tsuruta - 06/08/90
Dan Kroffat & Doug Furnas vs Kenta Kobashi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi 05/25/92
Toshiaki Kawada vs Kenta Kobashi - 04/14/93
Stan Hansen vs Kenta Kobashi - 07/29/93
Steve Williams vs Kenta Kobashi - 08/31/93
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada - 06/03/94
Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada - 01/19/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - 01/24/95
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Akira Taue - 04/15/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - 06/09/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama vs Steve Williams & Johnny Ace - 06/07/96
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada - 06/06/97
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi - 10/31/98
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi - 6/11/99
this list is pretty lol to me. not that they're not good matches, it's just like you copy/pasted meltzer's 5* list here and deleted a couple. not saying you did, just that it's funny that's what it looks like. with some of those matches you listed i'm shocked that Hansen/Kawada isn't there.
bigbuxxx is offline  
post #1274 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
 
NORRIS COLE'S HAIRY FANNY TICKLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Posts: 5,721
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAUSA1 View Post
Hart vs. HBK IronMan, this match always had its critics. They say its not enough falls or excitement. That's why I think its great. Its similar to the Flair/Windham in the sense that it will take more than the time limit to just get one pin over me,COMPETITION. In the early days of wrestling when it was LEGIT real, it would take 60-70 minutes just for one fall in the big matches. I think if there are more than 3 falls in a 60 minute IronMan match, it defeats the purpose.
I really wouldn't say its close to Flair/Windham at all. Flair/Windham is superb for many reasons, the ever present story where Windham is established as good enough to continually dominate Flair only for his inexperience to always seemingly give Flair an opportunity to turn the tide, Windham having some of the best offence in history whilst being a sensational seller and pure babyface, Flair working his charisma and character into every exchange and selling the match beautifully through his mannerisms and emotions whilst Windham sells the wear and tear, the pacing being fluid and marvellous and the battle between young phenom vs star veteran always providing for smooth transitions and engaging nearfalls.

HBK/Bret just feels like a badly done 60 minute match. The first half presents what could have been a great story with Michaels outwrestling Hart and taking the initiative, only to resort to his usual high flying in an attempt to win the match and providing Hart with an escape route to regain control...but the problem is Bret blows off all the armwork Shawn utilises to the point where it removes any drama from the match, Bret doesn't come off as a wounded champion and that significantly affects the drama needed for a match of that length. HBK and Bret's personal problems also seem to affect the match, neither really looks committed to trying to make the other look as good as they can, as evidenced by Bret's lack of desire to sell Michaels' armwork from the first half of the match. Neither are my favourite workers of all time but I just think its a dry match and lacks that truly engaging story and performance from either man that someone like a Flair was capable of. Say what you will about some of his theatrics but he was always working and reacting to each big moment in a match and making it work, and the likes of Windham and Steamboat were far better babyfaces for him to work off than Michaels was against Bret.

Backlund/Valentine from 1979 is still WWF/E's greatest Broadway match by some distance. Largely in no small part because of the respective performances from both men, as well as the story of Valentine's inability to lock on the figure four and him slowly driving himself neurotic in trying to incapacitate Backlund long enough for him to not be able to counter the hold.

Last edited by NORRIS COLE'S HAIRY FANNY TICKLER; 10-25-2012 at 11:39 AM.
NORRIS COLE'S HAIRY FANNY TICKLER is offline  
post #1275 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
MaldoY2J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Michael Elgin vs Davey Richards Showdon in the sun 2012

CM Punk vs John Cena Money in the Bank 2011

Naomichi Marufuji vs KENTA AJPW Jr. & GHC Jr. Heavyweight championships

Davey Richards vs Roderick Strong Finnal Battle 2010

Kevin Steen vs El Generico Final Battle 2010

Future Shock vs Super Smash Bros vs Young Bucks Ladder Match
MaldoY2J is offline  
post #1276 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Pineapple Jheri, mon.
 
Yeah1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BOB BACKLUND
Posts: 9,973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuxxx View Post
this list is pretty lol to me. not that they're not good matches, it's just like you copy/pasted meltzer's 5* list here and deleted a couple. not saying you did, just that it's funny that's what it looks like. with some of those matches you listed i'm shocked that Hansen/Kawada isn't there.
I.........kinda got that impression too. Especially Kawada/Kobashi 4/14/93 which only the last ten minutes of footage is available.

Yeah1993 is offline  
post #1277 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Russian Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuxxx View Post
with some of those matches you listed i'm shocked that Hansen/Kawada isn't there.
I have not seen this match.
Russian Hooligan is offline  
post #1278 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
                     
Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

I know it all comes down to opinion at the end of it all, but I really can't take the 5 star match rating seriously when I see "Davey Richards" in it. Match vs Elgin is the full 5? It didn't even hit 4 stars for me. Really good match I'll say. Especially on the curve of both men (especially Davey). Far, far, far from being a 5 star match, however.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #1279 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Russian Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin was incredible action. I watched the match standing. With me for a long time this was not. 5 stars, no doubt. Epical Epic Of Epicness, differently and not say. Brutal, awesome match.
Russian Hooligan is offline  
post #1280 of 1407 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 PM
women sense my power and they seek the life essence
 
Horselover Fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Beach is the spot where I serve my cane
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Exclamation Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Hooligan View Post
WWF/E
Owen Hart vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania 10
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart - Summerslam 1994
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania 13
Chris Benoit vs HBK vs HHH - Wrestlemania 20
Kurt Angle vs HBK - Wrestlemania 21
John Cena vs CM Punk - MITB 2011

TNA
Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels vs AJ Styles - Unbreakable 2005

ROH
Samoa Joe vs CM Punk - Joe Vs Punk II
Kenta Kobashi vs Samoa Joe - Joe vs Kobashi
Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi vs CIMA & Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi - ROH Supercard of Honor
Bryan Danielson vs KENTA - Glory By Honor V Night 2
Nigel MacGuinness vs Bryan Danielson - Unified
Davey Richards vs Tyler Black - Death Before Dishonor VIII
Davey Richards vs Eddie Edwards - Best in the World 2011
Davey Richards vs Michael Elgin - SitS Night 1 2012

NJPW
Tiger Mask I vs The Dynamite Kid - 04/23/83
Naoki Sano vs Jushin Thunder Liger - 1/31/1990
Chris Benoit vs Great Sasuke - Super J Cup 1994
El Samurai vs Koji Kanemoto - BOSJ 1997

AJPW
Tiger Mask II vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - 03/09/85
Jumbo Tsuruta vs Genichiro Tenryu - 06/06/89
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Jumbo Tsuruta - 06/08/90
Dan Kroffat & Doug Furnas vs Kenta Kobashi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi 05/25/92
Toshiaki Kawada vs Kenta Kobashi - 04/14/93
Stan Hansen vs Kenta Kobashi - 07/29/93
Steve Williams vs Kenta Kobashi - 08/31/93
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada - 06/03/94
Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada - 01/19/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - 01/24/95
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Akira Taue - 04/15/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - 06/09/95
Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama vs Steve Williams & Johnny Ace - 06/07/96
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada - 06/06/97
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi - 10/31/98
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi - 6/11/99

NOAH
Kenta Kobashi vs Mitsuhara Misawa - 03/01/03
Kenta Kobashi vs Jun Akiyama - NOAH Departure 2004
Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki - 11/05/05
Kenta Kobashi vs Kensuke Sasaki - NOAH Destiny 2005
Naomichi Marufuji vs KENTA - 10/29/06

AAA
Los Gringos Locos vs El Hijo del Santo & Octagon - 11/06/94

AJW
Manami Toyota vs Toshiyo Yamada - 08/15/92
Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori - 04/02/93
Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki vs Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada - 04/11/93
Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada vs Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki - 12/06/93
Manami Toyota vs Kyoko Inoue - 08/24/94
Aja Kong vs Manami Toyota - 11/20/94
Manami Toyota vs Kyoko Inoue - 5/7/1995
what are your thoughts on sheepherders vs fantastics

Horselover Fat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome