The 2011 MOTYC Thread - Page 320 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #3191 (permalink)
I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: White Hart Lane
Posts: 5,350
Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervosa View Post
Jeez, it really is too bad I hate wrestling, right now, or I would help Jawbreaker shut down these people who clearly have no clue how to defend their positions properly without resorting to 'I'm entitled to my undefended opinion.'

Luckily, people considering that garbage like Richards/Edwards is a great match, and pretending botches in Punk/Cena didn't happen are the exact reason I'm not tuning in anymore.
You don't watch anymore because people don't share your opinions?

What a great attitude to carry through life.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #3192 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Nervosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 768
Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000Nervosa 2501 - 3000
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation-Now View Post
lol he blindly defends Strong/Edwards the exact same way he's criticizing people for defending Strong/Richards. I mean, there's being an elitist douchebag, then there's being a walking contradiction...
You're not even reading what he's saying. He never claimed it was five stars: that's the major difference here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawIsWar1991 View Post
I've defended my opinion countless times, but you two just can't let it set. I enjoyed the match because it had epic moves, counters and feel-good ending to boot. That's my explanation.

Not everyone is an '...but it's not my opinion, I'm right,' elitist douchebag virgin who hasn't seen sunlight in the last decade. Stop taking wrestling so seriously, and let other people enjoy which you can't seem to enjoy. You could use the old 'Only stupid people enjoyed that match' excuse, but guess what? Wrestling IS made for stupid people.
It isn't a 'if its not my opinion, I'm right,' attitude. Its a 'If you're not going to intelligently respond to my legitimate criticism, stop wasting my time,' attitude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion..........and anyone ELSE is also entitled to make fun of that opinion if it is poorly defended. Like yours have been. That's not being elitist: its just asking for intelligence when it comes to presenting an argument.

That is certainly a more than reasonable request.

Saying wrestling is made for stupid people is the most idiotic thing you have said....and that covers some ground. Way to insult both sides of the argument there. That, right there, is exactly why it should be encouraged to make fun of poor arguments. In your desperate attempt to prove your point, you have gone and insulted just about every member of the board, whether they agree wit hyou or not. Well done: that's a new standard in poor arguing. Give yourself a hand.

That's like saying movies are for stupid people. Just because some (most, really) films are made to entertain people who are too intellectually lazy to actually turn their brains on at the theater doesn't mean that the entire industry only caters to the stupid.

For every Avatar and and Dark Knight (bland storyless action movies that people can enjoy because it requires no actual thought) there is Wild Strawberries. Sure, it requires you to actually THINK, but that is what makes the end product so worth it.

for every Davey/Eddie, there is Shinobu/TEIOH vs. Madoka/Mashimo.

there's just so much less of the latter that I don't really feel like waiting around for it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenedone9 View Post
Jawbreaker may have some sort of point if it weren't for the way he comes off. I do believe there is a difference between quality versus how much I like a match. Like I'm not going to watch The Expendables and think it is the greatest movie ever but it is tons of fun. I thought Davey vs. Eddie from BITH was ****1/4 but if you think it is higher that's okay. Most people will not kill you here. But when someone says "If you liked this match then you are stupid" then they are completely ignorant and not worth anyone's time. I mean it wasn't a terrible match by any means. Some people talk about it like if it were a match between two divas.
I'm not saying that if you liked this match you're stupid: I'm saying if you liked this match you care whole lot more about moves then story. I am following that up by saying that if all you care about is moves, then we watch wrestling for different reasons. Davey/Edwards had a lot of spiffy moves: and it had nothing else.

If you're like me, and spiffy moves don't mean a thing if there isn't any reasoning behind it, you don't have any use for that kind of opinion. They are free to have an opinion of course: and we are just as free to ridicule their lack of putting any actual thought into wrestling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
You don't watch anymore because people don't share your opinions?

What a great attitude to carry through life.
Don't get too proud of yourself. There simply isn't a wrestling product tailored to my taste any more. The fact that everyone is accepting this criminally lowered bar of quality is just icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segunda Caida View Post
Agreed with Jawbreaker, everyone can like what they like but it does get annoying when one poster makes maybe a 2/3 paragraph post explaining what they disliked about the match, and which gives enough room for someone to pick apart each point and talk about it offering an alternative view...and then gets a 'well the counters were ace' response. If the counters looked slick and cool to you then that's perfectly fine, but it would be nice to expand upon that and talk about what specifically made the counters feel organinc and awesome to you.

The whole point of a forum is to discuss contrasting opinions and create good discussion, I understand people get bored of the same Angle/Eddie/Davey bashing but usually the sole reason the discussions get tedious isn't because its been discussed before..but rather only one side seems to be making valid points whereas the other side resorts to 'obvious troll is obvious' comments. I'm sure a lot of people remember that Davey discussion a couple of months back in here involving Capone, Crabtree, Legend, Bubz, Myself, Jawbreaker and maybe Seabs as well as Antonio, SuperduperSonic and possibly McQueen which basically broken down into numerous well made points about Davey being rejected by people saying it wasn't a discussion worth having.

Also Jawbreaker: don't think I've forgotten about all that prime Lawler I pimped to you months back, .
Jeez this post is fantastic.
__________________


Credit for sig goes to: CHAMPviaDQ
Nervosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #3193 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
EffectRaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 754
EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000EffectRaven 1501 - 2000
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

American Wolves vs. The All Night Express - ROH: Gateway to Honor ****

Every bit as good as it was when I saw it live. What made this match fun was that both teams brought out some of their more heelish tendencies. Made for an interesting and action packed match. Rhett Titus gets better everytime I see him, his selling, facial expressions and overall storytelling has come a long way.
__________________
WF's first official Mike Bennett mark
EffectRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #3194 (permalink)
The Cruelest Animal
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Highway 61
Posts: 7,270
Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

I'm surprised this thread is still this active lol. And holy shit, Nervosa is back.

Btw, I agree with Nervosa, jawbreaker and Segunda Caida for the most part. Can't be arsed to say anything else on the subject anymore, I got bored of it ages ago, and it always ends up being the same 'argument'.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #3195 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
jawbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,252
jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectRaven View Post
American Wolves vs. The All Night Express - ROH: Gateway to Honor ****

Every bit as good as it was when I saw it live. What made this match fun was that both teams brought out some of their more heelish tendencies. Made for an interesting and action packed match. Rhett Titus gets better everytime I see him, his selling, facial expressions and overall storytelling has come a long way.
now I feel like I have to watch this match. we'll see how it goes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx Hero View Post
This is the other wrestling section. It's still fake to us.
jawbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #3196 (permalink)
Masonic!
 
TelkEvolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,553
TelkEvolon 501 - 1000TelkEvolon 501 - 1000TelkEvolon 501 - 1000TelkEvolon 501 - 1000TelkEvolon 501 - 1000TelkEvolon 501 - 1000TelkEvolon 501 - 1000TelkEvolon 501 - 1000
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervosa View Post
for every Davey/Eddie, there is Shinobu/TEIOH vs. Madoka/Mashimo
God damnit, I gotta' watch that match!
__________________
The Big List: BJW Reviews & Rankings

http://www.puroresu.tv/forums/topic/904-the-big-list/
TelkEvolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #3197 (permalink)
The Cruelest Animal
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Highway 61
Posts: 7,270
Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
now I feel like I have to watch this match. we'll see how it goes.
I enjoyed it, it was just 30 minutes of moves basically but I expected a spotfest and it's what I got pretty much. I don't mind that kind of thing in tag matches, especially between two face teams or whatever. It's in singles matches where it really bugs me.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #3198 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
jawbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,252
jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000jawbreaker 4501 - 5000
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

it still bothers me in tag matches, probably even more because there's a ready-made story to tell if you just work one guy over. workovers in tag matches also have probably the easiest, but most fun way to get heat in wrestling.

Now I don't want to watch the match. They seriously had Rhett Titus in there, a fantastic sympathetic babyface, and they wanted to get the ANX over, and they didn't just have Richards and Edwards kick the shit out of Titus until King comes in and looks like a god?

whyyyyyyyyyyyy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx Hero View Post
This is the other wrestling section. It's still fake to us.
jawbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #3199 (permalink)
The Cruelest Animal
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Highway 61
Posts: 7,270
Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500Bubz 12001 - 12500
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
it still bothers me in tag matches, probably even more because there's a ready-made story to tell if you just work one guy over. workovers in tag matches also have probably the easiest, but most fun way to get heat in wrestling.

Now I don't want to watch the match. They seriously had Rhett Titus in there, a fantastic sympathetic babyface, and they wanted to get the ANX over, and they didn't just have Richards and Edwards kick the shit out of Titus until King comes in and looks like a god?

whyyyyyyyyyyyy
Yeah, I completely agree. But I didn't expect that going in so it didn't bother me as much I guess.

And I also agree on the tag formula being great obviously, but I find it more acceptable for a spotfest to take place in a tag match than in a singles match, maybe only because there are more guys in there to take and deliver moves after the other participants have just done the same. But any tag match is made better if they go with the classic STF and FIP structures and sadly it's something ROH refuses to do anymore.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #3200 (permalink)
I am a WOMAN WOMAN WOMAN not a MAN MAN MAN
 
Seabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 26,540
Seabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on rep
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
it still bothers me in tag matches, probably even more because there's a ready-made story to tell if you just work one guy over. workovers in tag matches also have probably the easiest, but most fun way to get heat in wrestling.

Now I don't want to watch the match. They seriously had Rhett Titus in there, a fantastic sympathetic babyface, and they wanted to get the ANX over, and they didn't just have Richards and Edwards kick the shit out of Titus until King comes in and looks like a god?

whyyyyyyyyyyyy
That's exactly what I was thinking when I watched it and they started off like that and I started thinking it could actually be really good but then ANX just got the tag and the match lost all it's heat and momentum and wasn't even halfway through I don't think.

Spotty tags are fine as long as they're under 15 minutes max. I think once you go over that time you really need to add some story or structure to it and that's what the match was desperately missing.
Seabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios