Official Indy Womens Discussion Thread - Page 36 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #351 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I Can't Breathe!
 
Legasee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

What do you guys think of Madison Eagles title reign so far? She's beating 3 of my favorites in Cheerleader Melissa, Ayumi Kurihara and Mercedes Martinez so far.

Legasee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #352 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley Crabtree III View Post




SHIMMER is a DVD series. It does amazingly well for itself.

As far as "two shows a year" the business model is perfect, when you're bringing in women from around the globe. The company were also looking to expand the number of shows by 50%, until the ROH takeover made things more complicated, as it happens.



Every single one of your posts, on the multiple banned accounts that you've had on this site, has this line in it. You're desperate to drop names and to tell everybody that you're an "insider" and also have some kind of delusional superiority complex, that springs up whenever you're challenged/proven wrong.

I don't know why you feel so superior because, as we've discovered many times, you're not especially knowledgeable about the wrestling business. I'd expect you to be more humble. Working for some carny indy in Texas, instead of having a credible real world job, does not put you above the average "mark". Sorry. Please PM a mod and ask them to ban you, again. Thanks.

Back on topic, if Jessica James isn't being used any more it's because she's one of the least talented people on the very talented SHIMMER roster and, generally speaking, isn't over with the fanbase.
Seriously go fuck your self. Iíve never been on this forum before so shut up about shit you have no idea about. As said many times on this forum in case you havenít heard I am Ryan Geneses and not some mark like yourself. Trust me I have been under fire since day one of me signing on this forum as seen by my red rep. Mods like Lady Croft, Amber and others have taken pod shot after pod shot at me so I would think if I was indeed a rejoiner like you say that I am I would have been banned a long time ago.

BTW itís official Adrian aka Athena is now gone from Shimmer. She and Jessica James will no longer be working for Shimmer. James has been offered a TNA try out deal and will be working the next two house shows this coming weekend. Danger is one retarded chick; she just got rid of two of her best up and coming talents.
Wrestlingfanfirst is offline  
post #353 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Searching for a new identity
 
TankOfRate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAAAANDAAAAAN.
Posts: 5,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Uhhhhh, hasn't Athena been announced for the upcoming tapings? Riiiiight. As far as up and comers, they're doing pretty well with Nicole Matthews, Portia Perez, Jessie McKay, Kellie Skater, Leva Bates, Britani Knight (WWE bound though) and Athena too, all of whom will be at the next tapings. JJ is far from the cream of the crop here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
What do you guys think of Madison Eagles title reign so far? She's beating 3 of my favorites in Cheerleader Melissa, Ayumi Kurihara and Mercedes Martinez so far.
I'm enjoying it. Her ring work is impressive as hell, and she's doing a decent job promo-wise too. I'm surprised she's only recently become prominent over in the States. Great talent with a bright future.

DEAN AMBROSE'S YOUNG FEMALE COMPANIONô



http://31.media.tumblr.com/ef1ef2c3469abab1b7e0ea9da7a3bce5/tumblr_ms5yf6xX7h1r8xjj2o1_500.jpg



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshine View Post
Isn't it a coincidence that the rise of feminism coincided with the decline of kayfabe.
TankOfRate is offline  
post #354 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
ShimmerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankOfRate View Post
Your point was that Madison Rayne is the only TNA woman to have worked for SHIMMER, which is the point I disputed.
You're telling me my point? Ok... She is currently the only person to work at TNA who worked a few Shimmer shows. I'm still right that Shimmer hasn't done anything to get people jobs. It's a Mark show for Marks like all indie shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankOfRate View Post
Wait, you're upset that I'm not a JJ fan? What?
You're a mark and because you are not a fan of hers you are writing off what she can do and accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley Crabtree III View Post
I didn't see his post where he said that. I didn't say it so it doesn't slant my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley Crabtree III View Post
SHIMMER is a DVD series. It does amazingly well for itself.

As far as "two shows a year" the business model is perfect, when you're bringing in women from around the globe. The company were also looking to expand the number of shows by 50%, until the ROH takeover made things more complicated, as it happens.
It doesn't do amazingly well. They don't make enough money to put their shows on, they have to split bills with other companies and prostitute the wrestlers out. They put on shows beyond their financial means.

The promoter said when someone asked that they didn't expand more shows because the fans all said they wouldn't be able to go, it would cost the fans to much to buy more DVDs to keep up with the show. The fans get enough of the cure for morning wood with the eight DVDs Shimmer releases a year. The model is perfect as a hobby project where the promoter gets to play booker and party with the wrestlers. Mark fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankOfRate View Post
Uhhhhh, hasn't Athena been announced for the upcoming tapings? Riiiiight. As far as up and comers, they're doing pretty well with Nicole Matthews, Portia Perez, Jessie McKay, Kellie Skater, Leva Bates, Britani Knight (WWE bound though) and Athena too, all of whom will be at the next tapings. JJ is far from the cream of the crop here.
Maybe they removed her? Wait and find out I guess.

Shimmer isn't doing well with any of those wrestlers. Shimmer is doing the same business they always have.

PS. In your sig Lacey was using everything she said for heel heat, doesn't believe a word of that gibberish herself. She was getting Sunny over and is friends with her.

Last edited by ShimmerFan; 09-22-2011 at 09:04 PM.
ShimmerFan is offline  
post #355 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Searching for a new identity
 
TankOfRate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAAAANDAAAAAN.
Posts: 5,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

A character in wrestling cut a worked heel promo to add to their heat and to contribute to an angle? Well, colour me shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmerFan View Post

You're a mark and because you are not a fan of hers you are writing off what she can do and accomplish.
I'm a mark because I don't enjoy her wrestling? Let me guess, you're a TNA fan, right?

Quote:
On the subject of Jessica James, I don't see the appeal. She's okay in the ring, but that's pretty much it. Personality-wise she falls even flatter. Her babyface character is so generic and uninteresting and she has impressed me once yet. She's still young and new, so she's got time to grow, but for now... meh.

DEAN AMBROSE'S YOUNG FEMALE COMPANIONô



http://31.media.tumblr.com/ef1ef2c3469abab1b7e0ea9da7a3bce5/tumblr_ms5yf6xX7h1r8xjj2o1_500.jpg



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshine View Post
Isn't it a coincidence that the rise of feminism coincided with the decline of kayfabe.
TankOfRate is offline  
post #356 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
ShimmerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankOfRate View Post
A character in wrestling cut a worked heel promo to add to their heat and to contribute to an angle? Well, colour me shocked!
You have it in your sig promoting it as if it is relevant or true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankOfRate View Post
I'm a mark because I don't enjoy her wrestling? Let me guess, you're a TNA fan, right?
You're a mark because you think like a wrestling fan. All a promoter needs to do is make JJ win and write her a good character, she has all the tools to be at the top. You can't say the same for wrestlers like the one you are named after and Lacey... they don't have what it takes, they are career jobbers. You're a mark because your personal taste in what wrestlers you fap to blinds you to who can take the ball and put butts in seats, who can entertain. You're a mark because you don't know what it takes like Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff do. You're just a mark who doesn't know what they want and has to be told what to like.
ShimmerFan is offline  
post #357 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:29 AM
$traightedge
Admin
 
Platt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 26,988
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

The trolls have been banned from the thread.


Sign up below for all your DGUSA, Evolve
& Kayfabe Commentaries iPPVs

Thanks to BKB Star for Avatar
Platt is offline  
post #358 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
smitlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

thanks Platt. Also drop me a PM once you've picked up Vol 39/40 of Shimmer.
smitlick is offline  
post #359 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
w/ The Stooges
 
SHIRLEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
What do you guys think of Madison Eagles title reign so far? She's beating 3 of my favorites in Cheerleader Melissa, Ayumi Kurihara and Mercedes Martinez so far.
It's picked up steam as it's gone along. I really liked her matches with Mercedes and McKay but wasn't really high, on the run, at first.

SHIRLEY is offline  
post #360 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Working on my abs
 
Kid Kamikaze10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley Crabtree III View Post
Back on topic...



It's picked up steam as it's gone along. I really liked her matches with Mercedes and McKay but wasn't really high, on the run, at first.
I agree with this. And I'm liking the heel tactics she's using in some of these defenses, like rolling out of the ring after taking a finisher or major attack, stalling, stuff like that.

And the obsessive promos are catching on as well.



Marking for: Roman Reigns
Kid Kamikaze10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome