Official Indy Womens Discussion Thread - Page 34 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 09:53 PM
I Can't Breathe!
 
Legasee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus One View Post
Jessica James is alright..got alot of energy but she's not as over as a Jessie McKay or anything. It would be a shame if Athena left though..she has very impressive ring ability.
When it comes to the more recent new girls Athena is by far ahead of the class imo.

Legasee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Both James and Adrian aka Athena are very good friends of mine. Shimmer made a huge fuck up by getting rid of James and now most likely losing Athena as a result. I heard Shannon/Daffney was pissed as well because she helped train Jessica and those two are great friends as well. TNA is about to pick up some great young talent do to some people in power at shimmer being idiots.
Wrestlingfanfirst is offline  
post #333 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley Crabtree III View Post
Whatever, I definitely don't agree with the idea that Double J is the best thing going in SHIMMER. One of the few girls I have zero interest in watching.
Jessica James owns you
Wrestlingfanfirst is offline  
post #334 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
ShimmerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlingfanfirst View Post
Both James and Adrian aka Athena are very good friends of mine. Shimmer made a huge fuck up by getting rid of James and now most likely losing Athena as a result. I heard Shannon/Daffney was pissed as well because she helped train Jessica and those two are great friends as well. TNA is about to pick up some great young talent do to some people in power at shimmer being idiots.
TNA can sign anyone on the Shimmer roster at any time. Shimmer doesn't have contracts, they pay between nothing(sparkle) and around $50 to $100 for people on the main roster. They tape twice a year. Nobody makes a living from them.
ShimmerFan is offline  
post #335 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
smitlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Beside that Jessica James and Athena mean absolutely nothing to the Shimmer Roster.
smitlick is offline  
post #336 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
ShimmerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Because the booker doesn't know how to make anyone mean anything. If they did they would average more than 190 people at their two shows a year.
ShimmerFan is offline  
post #337 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
smitlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmerFan View Post
Because the booker doesn't know how to make anyone mean anything. If they did they would average more than 190 people at their two shows a year.
lol.... They hold 2 shows per weekend. I don't care what anyone says. Neither girl are good enough to even deserve a push in Shimmer. Jessica is way to small and doesn't play a good underdog face and Athena is still very new to Shimmer fans.
smitlick is offline  
post #338 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
ShimmerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitlick View Post
lol.... They hold 2 shows per weekend. I don't care what anyone says. Neither girl are good enough to even deserve a push in Shimmer. Jessica is way to small and doesn't play a good underdog face and Athena is still very new to Shimmer fans.
It's one show on a weekend spread over two days with content divided for 4 dvds, it's the same audience the entire weekend. They have two shows a year! I don't see how being small matters, rey mysterio says different. They have both been on Shimmer for a while. Shimmer hasn't made anyone mean anything, nobody has gotten jobs because of their existence. I say that as a fan but Shimmer has a lot of floors, some of you act like Shimmer is huge and is making waves.

Last edited by ShimmerFan; 09-21-2011 at 01:40 AM.
ShimmerFan is offline  
post #339 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
smitlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmerFan View Post
It's one show on a weekend spread over two days with content divided for 4 dvds, it's the same audience the entire weekend. They have two shows a year! I don't see how being small matters, rey mysterio says different. They have both been on Shimmer for a while. Shimmer hasn't made anyone mean anything, nobody has gotten jobs because of their existence.
Its 4 Volumes over 2 days. Your username says Shimmerfan yet your lack of intelligence says other wise. Also being small clearly matters. Mysterio is actually a good worker. Jessica isn't. Comparing the two is ridiculous. Also I'd say look at most of the TNA girls who got there start in Shimmer. Same goes for Tenille who went off to the WWE and its bought girls over to the US like Britani Knight and the Aussies who otherwise wouldn't have had much of a chance to work in the US without the Shimmer exposure.
smitlick is offline  
post #340 of 1394 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
ShimmerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitlick View Post
Its 4 Volumes over 2 days. Your username says Shimmerfan yet your lack of intelligence says other wise. Also being small clearly matters. Mysterio is actually a good worker. Jessica isn't. Comparing the two is ridiculous. Also I'd say look at most of the TNA girls who got there start in Shimmer. Same goes for Tenille who went off to the WWE and its bought girls over to the US like Britani Knight and the Aussies who otherwise wouldn't have had much of a chance to work in the US without the Shimmer exposure.
It's one event with 4 dvds taped. If Jessica was booked the same way Rey is she would be the same level star. Madison Rayne is the only impact wrestler to have wrestled in shimmer, but it was her fake boobs that got her a job, she was also popular in other companies. Tenille got attention from WWE because of Lance Storm. Britani also had tryouts with WWE before she wrestled for shimmer. Shimmer is just a vacation for some wrestlers who come in and do this as a hobby. Shimmer doesn't provide them a platform to get real work.
ShimmerFan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
on the right road , on the right track

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome