Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread
SHIMMER 35 Random thoughts...Part II
- Del Rey vs. Summerlyn up next...
- Lots of shouting.
- Stiff-as-fuck Kappu Kick to the back of the head.
- Digital manipulation from Del Rey. So clever. Working the left-hand of a left-handed wrestler. Innovating and improvising throughout the match.
- Portia's serious commentary is as good as her comedy.
- Another match that's definitely worth watching. Unique.
- Just thinking that I've had about three times my money's worth so far. When, suddenly, I realise that the triple main events are still to come.
- Hamada vs. Matthews – frantic with lots of kicks.
- You know the score, with these two. There's not much that I can say, that hasn't already been said about them.
- Starting to get burnt out now. Too much awesome. Need chocolate.
- Melissa is such a smart wrestler. Much like a lot of the top SHIMMER girls.
- Kurihara's workrate is crazy. She throws dropkicks like boxers throw jabs.
- Sorry, I just want to watch this. Open Office can swivel.
- Ayumi bridges out of a pin, after a curb stomp. Austin at Wrestlemania 13 moment.
- SHE PINNED MELISSA!!!
- These highlights packages are awesome.
- I'm hoping that this will be Eagles' best title defense.
- Can't see any reason why McKay won't be in WWE before long.
- Eagles counters an octopus stretch into a standing horsecollar stretch. Brilliant.
- This is great. I'm starting to get what Eagles is all about now. Sick submissions and big throws. I don't think she has ever gotten that across properly, in SHIMMER, before. I always had her down as a straightforward tall striker.
- The whole story of the match was spot on. Classic heel vs. babyface. McKay with a never-say-die attitude. Plus the added layer of the two of them knowing each other inside out and reversing each other's big stuff.
- A heel champion winning decisively. There's a novelty, in modern wrestling.
- Much like everyone else involved with this show, Eagles and McKay both come out with their stock raised.
Honestly, this strikes me as one of those shows that you'll look back on, in ten years time, and wish that the company was still around. It reminded me of those shows where ECW would just hit home run after home run, from the top to the bottom of the card.
Making wrestling history.