Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread
Dragon Gate USA: Enter The Dragon: First Anniversary Celebration
- Cima vs Johnny Gargano
- They start out with a talking spot, which leads to the match. Very good opener. Both are tremendous wrestlers, and they worked very well together.
- Adam Cole vs Arik Cannon vs Chuck Taylor vs Ricochet
- Good match. Not a fan of Cannon from what I've seen of him, but they all did well in this match. Seemed kind of like a 'Get Your Shit In' kind of match, but I like those types of matches.
- They show a Kamikaze promo, hyping a match vs the Chikara Sekigun, which I assume is later on this show (It's a bootleg, so I don't have a math listing), and Man, I miss Jon Moxley. I'm glad/proud to see him on WWETV, because I was a fan of his back when most wouldn't give him anything because he worked deathmatches. I just hope he can eventually do this style of character on TV after the whole Shield thing ends.
- Drake Younger vs Naruki Doi
- I had low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. Drake held his own against Doi. Seemed Doi was as, if not more, over as Drake, which is weird considering how Philly fans are sometimes.
- Masaaki Mochizuki vs BxB Hulk
- Both of these guys are tremendous wrestlers. Mochizuki is a beast. This match was great. The only thing that hurt it for me was the somewhat inconsistent selling. Post match stuff with Kamikaze made me miss Jon Moxley on the indies even more.
- Scott Reed (w/ a rat who's introduced as 'Nicole') vs Rich Swann
- Wasn't anything. Seemed like a filler match. Brodie Lee came out, and destroyed everyone, including the referee (who resembled the guy who refereed in UWA Hardcore), and the rat.
- Kamikaze USA vs Chikara Sekigun
- I liked this, but I was getting tired at the time and my mind was on other things so I wonder if I could have enjoyed it more. No matter how many times I see Yoshino wrestle, I can never get used to his speed. It's unreal.
- Shingo vs Bryan Danielson
- I've never been huge on Danielson or Shingo. I haven't seen a whole lot of them, but Danielson always seemed boring to me, but this match. Holy shit. It was amazing. After the match, Danielson joined World-1. Which would have been cool, if he didn't go back to WWE a month later.
- They used a Madball song for the DVD menu. I like this.
- This is the third DGUSA show I've seen. I have about 12 more that I've yet to watch altogether. But from what I've seen, they're consistently good. Every match on this card was great, except Reed/Swann, which was really used to do something with the Brodie Lee storyline. This show is sold out just about everywhere, so your only way to see it would probably be a bootleg, or if they have it On Demand or something. But, it's totally worth seeing.