- I don't normally include pre-match ratings on a review, bit this was good enough to slip in. Really good selling from Cannon, enough to make someone think he was legit injured. The true opener (3-way) was an incredibly random match to have your champion in, but a decent way to continue faction warfare. Quackenbush had some really innovative holds on but Hulk can't sell a leg worth a damn.
- Shingo/Kid was seriously great. Loved the character dynamic from each guy. Shingo is a perfect monster bully and Dragon Kid is just like Mysterio in being the biggest underdog. They made Kid look fantastic in defeat and got Shingo back on the right track. Again, good continuation in faction warfare. My only complaint was Dragon Kid essentially not treating it like the true grudge match it was. He seemed far too happy and did some dancing around until he got kicked in the back of the head.
- Here's my feelings on Jimmy Jacobs on this night:
First off, he comes out in the exact same bloodied white jacket that he wore when Age of the Fall debuted back at Man Up in '07. AWESOME. Then he rips it off and says no, I'm not gonna be that guy. Then breaks out a chain and start HUSSing. Even more awesome! Cool little flashback there that started the match off with a huge bang. Great match too. They did a wonderful job of making everything seem like a legitmate fight, especially by not taking any unnecessary time to set things up for big spots or things like that. The finish was a little flat but it was totally fine from a standpoint of continuing the feud and having Moxley win by any way possible. REALLY looking forward to their blowoff now.
- Four Way Freestyle was fine & had more story than you'll see in most matches of its type, but its placement on the card made no sense. Should've went on before Shingo/Kid & the show would've flowed better.
- The tag match was good but I feel like I've already seen it. There's just never any difference in Dragon Gate tags for me. I find myself not reacting to anything and just wanting them to slow down and actually SELL. Rarely happens. Ricochet looked out of place and had some mess ups in the first half but eventually cleaned up and stole the damn show with the double moonsault. I have no idea where Yoshino had disappeared too though. He rolled out of the ring on his own.
From Ricochet's clean pin on Doi, they did a fantastic job in creating a star and also letting Gargano start to break out with his promo. Amazing looking back at how much those two have improved over 2 years.
- Holy hell, main event was
. Danielson can do no wrong and YAMATO fit right in with him. Incredible submission work throughout the entire match meshed up with those couple spots you get with almost every Danielson match, but you still know they're gonna be awesome. Those being the dive into the crowd (which was so well done because YAMATO didn't think he could catch him out there) & the superplex spot. Ridiculously awesome finish & Danielson's post match promo was oh so good. I really wanna see his match with Moxley now...
- This is a DAMN good show loaded with great wrestling, storyline development, & breakout stars. The bonus feature is a 10 minute sitdown interview called Jimmy Jacobs Revealed that talks about his past while he shows you his apartment & also gets you caught up on the Moxley situation. That was really good too. Buy this sucker!