Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Jul 2012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread
IWA East Coast: Masters Of Pain 2012
Black Hawk Down Match: Danny Havoc vs. Ron Mathis
- Cool concept for the Black Hawk Down deathmatch. Two corners had light tube boards, and two had a fan with light tubes replacing the blades. (I believe Drake and Pondo used something similar in MOP09.). This was my first time seeing Mathis. Guy looks like a guy who's spend time in jail with those tattoos. Nothing memorable here. Passable. Felt too short, but there really isn't much that could have happened IMO.
Not So Friendly Skies Match: Matt Tremont vs. Devon Moore
- Started off kind of boring, but once they got in the ring it got better. Felt too short and rushed though.
West Virginia Power Outage Match: Mad Man Pondo vs. Viper
- It was a Pondo match. I had low expectations. Not bad, but not memorable.
Nightmare On Campbell's Creek Match: Masada vs. Spidar Boodrow
- Spidar looks like the guy who would have 'broken in' Ron Mathis in prison. These guys beat the fuck out of each other. Easily the best match of the first round. Only thing I didn't like was the commentary.
Fans Bring The Weapons: Semi-Finals - Matt Tremont vs Danny Havoc
- not a bad match, but i'm personally not a fan of Tremont and Havoc working together. There was a really sick spot/angle that showed barbed wire really stuck in Havoc's back.
Panes In The Glass Match: Semi-Finals - Masada vs Viper
- Pretty good match here. Seems like it was cut short due to a huge cut on Masada's leg. Nothing really to say about it.
Not Your Mom's Leftovers Match: TJ Phillips vs. Smokey C
- Won't lie. skipped this match. no fucks given
Double Hell Match: Finals - Matt Tremont vs Masada
- Tremont took a pretty nasty head bump in this match after the barbed wire ropes gave way. Tremont took a lot (A LOT)of punishment in this match. really deserves the win.
First of all, I watched this with the commentary on. Yeahhh...Don't do that. I don't follow IWA East Coast regularly, so I don't know who these guys are, but they make a team of Booker T, Mike Adamle, and Taz seem enjoyable in comparison. They were nowhere near the ring and couldn't see most things, so they just made a lot of stupid comments and had a conversation not relating to the match, and it sounded really unprofessional IMO. But besides that, this is probably the worst MOP show ever, but it's still pretty good. Although it lacked the creativity and names of all previous years, I'd still recommend it.