PWG - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles
Chris Hero vs. Willie Mack - ***
Kevin Steen vs. Finlay - **1/2
Claudio Castagnoli vs. El Generico - ***3/4
Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong - ***3/4
#1 Contender's Tag Team Match
The RockNES Monsters vs. Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky - ***1/4
El Generico vs. Willie Mack - ***
Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Edwards - ***1/2
PWG World Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks(c) vs. The Kings of Wrestling - ***3/4
Kevin Steen vs. El Generico - ****3/4
- Hero/Mack was a good watch and a good choice for the opener, but damn what was up with Willie? Normally everytime I see him I'm impressed but here he looked really off his game and his offense looked really weak. There were several times where Hero was just standing around waiting for Willie to think up his next move. Plus the constant kicking out at the end annoyed me a bit, but the finish was pulled off very well.
- Personally, Steen/Finlay did nothing for me. They slapped each other around for a bit and it was scrappy but once Steen got ahold of the leg it was just a squash match from there. Nothing too memorable imo, although I know others loved it.
- Claudio/Generico just have ridiculous chemistry together. So many incredible counters and spots, they can do no wrong. I know I'm in the minority but my favorite match of the first round was Edwards/Strong. Yes I know they've faced each other tons of times, but I've enjoyed every one I've seen. They just go out there and beat the hell out of each and create some exciting sequences with a lot of drama down the stretch. Despite me already knowing the result, that match definitely made me feel like I didn't know who was gonna win.
- RockNES/Dynasty was a lot better than I expected. I loved Scorpio's mean streak and Goodtime looked great. Mack/Generico was a lot of fun too. Watching this show made me realize I'm a big fan of Eddie when he's not having a ridiculous match against Davey. His match with Steen was yet another really fun one with some good drama at the end, but the crowd was not gonna be denied Steen/Generico.
- Tag Title match was fantastic. KOW looked dominant even in defeat and the way the Bucks won was perfect to keep the heat on em, although I have no idea why Hero & Nick brawled to the back.
- Holy fuckballs at the main event. Can't say enough good things about it. Perfect booking, incredible drama, pure hatred, and storytelling you just can't write up in a script. Everything involving the kid in the crowd was incredible. Damn near perfect. That brainbuster counter into the package piledriver rocked my fuckin sucks off.
- Even though my ratings aren't nearly as high as a lot of others for this show, it was still an absolutely fantastic tournament and a really fun show as a whole. The main event was just amazing and nothing on the card was bad.