Official Indy DVD Thread - Page 347 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #3461 (permalink)
Jeff Harvey
 
Stellar Supernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 134
Stellar Supernova is an after thoughtStellar Supernova is an after thought
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Think I'm gonna wait for Seabs to finish up his WCW 1992 set and then do a mass order. Outside of PWG nothing interests me right now except for GBH X, and thats not even on iPPV. Could do with some old ROH and other stuff.
Stellar Supernova is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 AM   #3462 (permalink)
The trick is to stay alive...
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the Mouth of Madness
Posts: 8,011
Bubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
Seen a couple of reviews for the show after BOLA and they said it's close to or better then it with Steen/Davey, the two tag matches, a surprisingly good Generico/Romero match and Davey Richards on commentary for TJP/Edwards.
Awesome to hear. Steen/Davey is no doubt gonna' be sweet.

Davey is really good on PWG commentary, most people are pretty funny when they do it. Hero is great doing it, but his ROH commentary was awful.

Also, just thinking, why wasn't this show called Steen Wolf with Steen vs Davey on the card?

Last edited by Bubz : 10-31-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Bubz is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #3463 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 54
Pat9010 is an after thoughtPat9010 is an after thought
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Hahaha that would have made more sense...
Pat9010 is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #3464 (permalink)
The Conqueror
 
Jack Evans 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,325
Jack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

PWG - All Star Weekend 8: Night 1

Kevin Steen vs. Willie Mack - ***1/2

The Fightin Taylor Boys vs. Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky - ***1/4

Chuck Taylor vs. Kenny King - **3/4

PWG World Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks(c) vs. The RockNes Monsters - ***3/4

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. The Cutler Brothers - **3/4

Eddie Edwards vs. Alex Shelley - ***1/2

Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa vs. El Generico & Ricochet - ****3/4

PWG World Championship
Claudio Castagnoli(c) vs. Chris Hero - ***3/4

Overall: 8.5/10


- "It's a real honor because I've always dreamed of being announced by, and wrestling Mark Henry." Gotta love Kevin Steen, and ya gotta love Willie Mack. Great opener there with a brilliant out of nowhere finish.

- The Cutlers are goofy as hell and looked really sloppy against GenNext. I don't have much interest in seeing them wrestle ever again.

- Edwards/Shelley was a nice exhibition of pure wrestling but you know those two could've had something much better.

- The tag match? Fucking insanity.

- I could talk about Hero/Claudio all day. The first 15 minutes or so features some of the best wrestling you'll ever see anywhere in the world. Incredible that guys their size can pull off that lucha libre shit. It's a shame the top rope had to break because you know that match was headin for great things. At the same time though, it's pretty cool to see two guys wrestling in a ring with two ropes. Because of that they had to resort to a lot of strikes that I don't think they would have if the rope was still in tact. Despite all that I still really enjoyed the match. Hero's promo to end the dvd was awesome and I'm really lookin forward to their rematch. Great show.
__________________
Jack Evans 187 is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #3465 (permalink)
The trick is to stay alive...
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the Mouth of Madness
Posts: 8,011
Bubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

My exact thoughts on the Hero/Claudio match. I have a feeling that would have been my MOTY if it hadn't gotten messed up by the rope. The first part is amazing to watch.
Bubz is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #3466 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
smitlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,083
smitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a pushsmitlick is getting a push
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH - Gut Check

1. Nigel McGuiness & The Embassy vs Delirious & Irish Airborne
**3/4

2. Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer
**1/2

3. The Briscoe Brothers vs Homicide & Davey Richards
***3/4

4. Claudio Castagnoli vs Samoa Joe
***

5. ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal vs Austin Aries & Roderick Strong
****

6. ROH World Title - 2 out of 3 Falls
Bryan Danielson vs Colt Cabana
****1/4

Quality over Quantity. Very fun show.

Last edited by smitlick : 10-31-2011 at 10:49 AM.
smitlick is online now  
Old 10-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #3467 (permalink)
Pico pal q lee
 
antoniomare007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not a fucking clue
Posts: 2,509
antoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a pushantoniomare007 is getting a push
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

was good ol' DR on commentary??????? I still laugh my ass off at Generico vs Dutt just because Davey's and Dragon commentary
__________________
Back.To Back.TO BACK.

MAS QUE UNA PASION, UN SENTIMIENTO

U
antoniomare007 is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #3468 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 54
Pat9010 is an after thoughtPat9010 is an after thought
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Evans 187 View Post
PWG - All Star Weekend 8: Night 1

Kevin Steen vs. Willie Mack - ***1/2

The Fightin Taylor Boys vs. Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky - ***1/4

Chuck Taylor vs. Kenny King - **3/4

PWG World Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks(c) vs. The RockNes Monsters - ***3/4

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. The Cutler Brothers - **3/4

Eddie Edwards vs. Alex Shelley - ***1/2

Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa vs. El Generico & Ricochet - ****3/4

PWG World Championship
Claudio Castagnoli(c) vs. Chris Hero - ***3/4

Overall: 8.5/10


- "It's a real honor because I've always dreamed of being announced by, and wrestling Mark Henry." Gotta love Kevin Steen, and ya gotta love Willie Mack. Great opener there with a brilliant out of nowhere finish.

- The Cutlers are goofy as hell and looked really sloppy against GenNext. I don't have much interest in seeing them wrestle ever again.

- Edwards/Shelley was a nice exhibition of pure wrestling but you know those two could've had something much better.

- The tag match? Fucking insanity.

- I could talk about Hero/Claudio all day. The first 15 minutes or so features some of the best wrestling you'll ever see anywhere in the world. Incredible that guys their size can pull off that lucha libre shit. It's a shame the top rope had to break because you know that match was headin for great things. At the same time though, it's pretty cool to see two guys wrestling in a ring with two ropes. Because of that they had to resort to a lot of strikes that I don't think they would have if the rope was still in tact. Despite all that I still really enjoyed the match. Hero's promo to end the dvd was awesome and I'm really lookin forward to their rematch. Great show.
See i thought the rope breaking added some "character" to the match and showed what these guys can really do. I'm not saying these 2 lack character by any means either, it just added some unpredictability.
Pat9010 is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #3469 (permalink)
The Conqueror
 
Jack Evans 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,325
Jack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat9010 View Post
See i thought the rope breaking added some "character" to the match and showed what these guys can really do. I'm not saying these 2 lack character by any means either, it just added some unpredictability.
I 140% agree. I definitely enjoyed the match and it was very impressive what they were still able to do without a top rope.
__________________
Jack Evans 187 is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #3470 (permalink)
The trick is to stay alive...
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the Mouth of Madness
Posts: 8,011
Bubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniomare007 View Post
was good ol' DR on commentary??????? I still laugh my ass off at Generico vs Dutt just because Davey's and Dragon commentary
Literally the funniest commentary ever. Davey was so funny on that shit, he had some gems aswell, everything he said was hilarious.
Bubz is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios