Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
Join Date: Nov 2004
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread
ROH Honor Takes Center Stage: Chapter One
El Generico vs. Michael Elgin **¼
Four Corner Survival
Colt Cabana vs. Homicide vs. Caleb Konley vs. Tommaso Ciampa *½
Sara Del Rey and Serena Deeb vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto and Ayumi Kurihara ***
Tag Team Challenge Match
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly ***½-***¾
Roderick Strong vs. Davey Richards ****¼
ROH World Tag Team Title Match
The Kings of Wrestling vs. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin ***¼-***½
ROH World Title Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Christopher Daniels ****¼
* Fun fact about this show is you can see me and my friend every time there is a face entering.
* Opener was kept simple and got the crowd hyped up quite well.
* Four Corner Survival had it's moments.... unfortunately the camera missed one of the best moments, that being Mia's spin kick on Homicide.
* I loved the Shimmer tag match live, and so did most around me. I didn't enjoy it exactly as much as I did live but it's still one of the better women's matches I've seen this year.
* Briscoes/ColeReilly was great (like pretty much everything Cole and O'Reilly are doing). I remember going crazy live for the DDT/German suplex spot.
* Strong/Richards was stiffer then I remember it being and despite a slightly slow start, it built into a fucking enjoyable match. Probably my third favourite of their series behind Battle of the Best and Final Battle 2010.
* Much like the SoCal Showdown II match, the tag title match felt pretty difficult for me to get into (as it did live) however the last 5 minutes are a lot of fun and the crowd were pretty hot for it. Another fun fact is when the 3 count happens, you can see me on the right with my heads on my head...utterly disappointed at what I've just seen. The exact same happened at Supercard of Honor IV when Lynn beat McGuinness.
* Awesome main event and really well paced as it certainly didn't feel like the longest match of the weekend (including Wrestlemania). Best of the Edwards/Daniels matches for me.
* Another impressive ROH show, 3 in a row now and just as enjoyable on DVD as it was live.
ROH Honor Takes Center Stage: Chapter Two
Tag Team Challenge Match
The Kings of Wrestling vs. Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly ***½-***¾
Colt Cabana vs. Dave Taylor *¼
Homicide vs. Tommaso Ciampa **½
Christopher Daniels vs. Michael Elgin **
SHIMMER Tag Team Title Match
Daizee Haze and Tomoka Nakagawa vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto and Ayumi Kurihara **½
Grudge Tag Team Match
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express ****¼
El Generico vs. Roderick Strong ***¼
Non Title Dream Tag Team Match
Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin vs. The American Wolves ***½
* O'Reilly and Cole, the best workers for openers in ROH opening the show against the best tag team in the world? Guaranteed greatness and for me the best ROH opener of the year. They didn't let the match go to long, built off of the tag title match from the previous night really well and even got the crowd (myself included) thinking O'Reilly and Cole could pull of an upset.
* Cabana/Taylor was a fun little attraction match. Nothing more, nothing less.
* Homicide/Ciampa surprised me, I don't actually remember enjoying it that much but on DVD I thought it was a good lot of fun, and it's actually my favourite Homicide singles match since his return.
* Daniels/Elgin was pretty simple, with the only real noteworthy thing being the tease of Daniels' heel turn.
* The SHIMMER tag title match was pretty alright, though it doesn't really touch the match from the previous night for me.
* Briscoes/ANX was fucking AWESOME. Both live and on DVD I just loved the match so much, and was probably my favourite match all weekend. So intense, so bloody and I remember thinking live when the match had finished "Boy it is good to have the Briscoes back as heels".
* Generico/Strong was good though nothing too special for me.
* The main event is a weird one for me. Live I disliked it so much, and on DVD the first half of it is still so fucking dead and boring however the last 10 minutes are quite good fun and finally helped me to enjoy the match.
* Doesn't touch the previous night but ANX/Briscoes and the opener are both two different yet fantastic matches.