Re: Official Indy DVD Thread
- Homicide vs. Elgin was solid enough.
- Cole & O'Reilly vs. Bravados was awesome! Needs to be seen to be believed.
- Nice to see Jacobs back.
- Corino vs. Bennett was great. Corino knows how to play to Bennett's strengths. The pre-match soap opera was decent too.
- Generico-Hero. Midcard comedy match. Felt like a PWG match. Dodgy finish. Insanely hot blonde in the crowd, checking out Hero's bulge.
- Richards vs. Haas did nothing for me. Davey should never be put in the ring with an ex-WWE guy. It exposes his lack of size. I wasn't feeling any chemistry, at all. Felt like two tag team wrestlers wrestling a filler match.
- Not a great crowd and Santamaria on commentary, to boot. The second half has a lot of work to do...
- If Shelton and Claudio wrestle each other a couple more times, they could have an awesome match. Their styles (in theory) mesh well. Here, Shelton was sloppy as shit and didn't look motivated. WWE Shelton Benjamin is back.
- Nothing much memorable about Cabana-Daniels
- Briscoes-ANX was one of the best matches that I've seen for a long time. Strong MOTY candidate. ANX are passing the Briscoes test, with flying colours.
- Edwards-Strong. Load of crap. Bad night for the American Wolves.
A harsh critic could call this a one match show. It's worth checking out that Cole & O'Reilly match though and, if you're into Corino and Bennett's characters, their match. Jacobs coming back was a nice moment too.
Otherwise, this whole show felt half-hearted to me. This wasn't worthy of the Supercard name, either in theme or quality. All of the DVD shows, since the SBG buyout, seem like thrown-together afterthoughts, to me. I think we've seen the start of the era of the true ROH house show.
Last edited by SHIRLEY; 07-29-2011 at 08:54 AM.