Official Indy DVD Thread - Page 163 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #1621 (permalink)
CM Punk's Wife!
 
CM Skittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,072
CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Chicago is ROH's second biggest market, not Canada. I really hope there's no return date after reading reports from last night. Seriously yelling "Worst champ ever" at Eddie Edwards the whole match, the screaming midget, and someone shoving WKO'S 100 Best Wrestlers list in the wrestler's faces DURING matches????? Who the fuck prints out a list and shows it to a wrestler in the middle of a match? Seriously the Canadian crowds are even worse than New York when it comes to being obnoxious.
__________________
I love CM Punk!

My favorite poster of the moment: McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
actually my brain in a chicks body would create the most hectic psycho crazy stalker bitch nymphomaniac lesbian ever. So basically Skittle
CM Skittle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #1622 (permalink)
Jeff Harvey
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 160
sXsCanadianFansXs sXsCanadianFansXs sXsCanadianFansXs
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Skittle View Post
Chicago is ROH's second biggest market, not Canada. I really hope there's no return date after reading reports from last night. Seriously yelling "Worst champ ever" at Eddie Edwards the whole match, the screaming midget, and someone shoving WKO'S 100 Best Wrestlers list in the wrestler's faces DURING matches????? Who the fuck prints out a list and shows it to a wrestler in the middle of a match? Seriously the Canadian crowds are even worse than New York when it comes to being obnoxious.
You know more than Jim Cornette?

Sorry dude but Chicago has been no. 3 for awhile.
No return date is quite ridiculous for such a big market for such petty things.
__________________
2011 Match of the Year Standings:
1. Ring of Honor Championship: Eddie Edwards (c) vs. Davey Richards (Best in the World iPPV, June 26th, *****)
2. Non-Title: Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin (c) vs. Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards (Honor Takes Center Stage Part 2 iPPV, April 2nd, ****1/2)
3. All Asia Tag Team Championships: Seiya Sanada & Manabu Soya (c) vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (AJPW, March 21st, ****1/2)
4. Pure Rules: Davey Richards vs. Christopher Daniels (Manhattan Mayhem IV, March 19th, ****1/2)
5. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Kotaro Suzuki (c) vs. Eddie Edwards (NOAH "The First Navigation", January 29th, ****2/5)
sXsCanadianFansXs is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #1623 (permalink)
Will Always be a Snit Head
 
TaylorFitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 15,315
TaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXsCanadianFansXs View Post
Jim Cornette mentioned that it was the 2nd biggest market in a radio interview when promoting DBD8.

I believe it considering DBD7 drew 1200+ two nights in a row.
This show had considerably less people than the summer shows but I still think it's enough for 2nd place.
He was promoting a show in Toronto, he's going to make it sound like the most important city they run in to get more buys. He probably would have said number one if he could get away with it but everyone knows New York is their number one market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXsCanadianFansXs View Post
You know more than Jim Cornette?

Sorry dude but Chicago has been no. 3 for awhile.
No return date is quite ridiculous for such a big market for such petty things.
You have no idea what you've started. And I think you're wrong.
TaylorFitz is online now  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #1624 (permalink)
CM Punk's Wife!
 
CM Skittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,072
CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXsCanadianFansXs View Post
You know more than Jim Cornette?
Because it's not like Jim Cornette was just hyping the upcoming pay per view, nope. He's never known to do anything like that. *sarcasm* This isn't even an argument, just look at the attendance numbers and it's a FACT that Chicago is the 2nd biggest market for ROH.

And I don't think the crowd being obnoxious is a "petty" reason for not going back. Some guy shoving a printed out list of the best wrestler's is 100 times more obnoxious than anything you see in New York or Chicago. I guess I'll wait to see it on DVD before saying more about it but according to reports the fans ruined the main event, like 25% of the audience left right as the main event was starting. If dumbass fans ruin the show for people watching it on DVD then sorry but it's time to stop going to that place.
__________________
I love CM Punk!

My favorite poster of the moment: McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
actually my brain in a chicks body would create the most hectic psycho crazy stalker bitch nymphomaniac lesbian ever. So basically Skittle
CM Skittle is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 AM   #1625 (permalink)
CM Punk's Wife!
 
CM Skittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,072
CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle CM Skittle
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

By the way why do you have two lifetime memberships Taylor Fitz?? Give me one, lol.
__________________
I love CM Punk!

My favorite poster of the moment: McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
actually my brain in a chicks body would create the most hectic psycho crazy stalker bitch nymphomaniac lesbian ever. So basically Skittle
CM Skittle is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #1626 (permalink)
Will Always be a Snit Head
 
TaylorFitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 15,315
TaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

DOUBLE PREMIUM!!!!

It's just my avatar.

Last edited by TaylorFitz : 05-09-2011 at 12:40 AM.
TaylorFitz is online now  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #1627 (permalink)
Jeff Harvey
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 160
sXsCanadianFansXs sXsCanadianFansXs sXsCanadianFansXs
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Skittle View Post
Because it's not like Jim Cornette was just hyping the upcoming pay per view, nope. He's never known to do anything like that. *sarcasm* This isn't even an argument, just look at the attendance numbers and it's a FACT that Chicago is the 2nd biggest market for ROH.

And I don't think the crowd being obnoxious is a "petty" reason for not going back. Some guy shoving a printed out list of the best wrestler's is 100 times more obnoxious than anything you see in New York or Chicago. I guess I'll wait to see it on DVD before saying more about it but according to reports the fans ruined the main event, like 25% of the audience left right as the main event was starting. If dumbass fans ruin the show for people watching it on DVD then sorry but it's time to stop going to that place.
Provide me attendance numbers because I'm pretty sure Toronto has regularly outdrawn Chicago for awhile now.

You're spinning a lot of things here.
Firstly, one jackass in the crowd does not equate to a crowd of jackasses chanting for twinkies and *actually* ruining a world title match, among many others.

Secondly, a lot of people had to catch the bus to go to Union Station (in order to take the GO train) because the main-event started after 11. So, it's not like people walked out in protest or disappointment.

Finally, PLEASE wait for the DVD because I didn't even know there was a fan heckling Edwards and I've since talked to many who had a great time in the crowd. You probably will not notice anything out of the norm on DVD.

Your radical views are hilarious and bizarre because you're making harsh judgments of a crowd off of (at best) second hand information. I'd advise you wait for the DVD release.
__________________
2011 Match of the Year Standings:
1. Ring of Honor Championship: Eddie Edwards (c) vs. Davey Richards (Best in the World iPPV, June 26th, *****)
2. Non-Title: Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin (c) vs. Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards (Honor Takes Center Stage Part 2 iPPV, April 2nd, ****1/2)
3. All Asia Tag Team Championships: Seiya Sanada & Manabu Soya (c) vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (AJPW, March 21st, ****1/2)
4. Pure Rules: Davey Richards vs. Christopher Daniels (Manhattan Mayhem IV, March 19th, ****1/2)
5. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Kotaro Suzuki (c) vs. Eddie Edwards (NOAH "The First Navigation", January 29th, ****2/5)
sXsCanadianFansXs is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #1628 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
seancarleton77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,102
seancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missedseancarleton77 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

My woman and I had a blast at the show! her favourite was the Larry Sweeney tribute/Strut off. I loved Edwards vs. Hero, what a crowd! A few idiots trying to be cool, but not many.

Toronto and Chicago are pretty even as far as great crowds go, but I'm pretty sure we have them beat when it come to crowd size, which makes us the bigger market.

Skittle, you really shouldn't judge something based on something you were told.
seancarleton77 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #1629 (permalink)
The Conqueror
 
Jack Evans 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,312
Jack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH - Final Battle 2005

Jimmy Rave vs. Milano Collection AT - ***1/4

Colt Cabana vs. Azrieal - **

ROH Pure Championship
Nigel McGuinness(c) vs. Claudio Castagnoli - **3/4

Alex Shelley vs. Steve Corino - **1/4
How is it not a disqualification when your manager attacks the damn ref?

Four Corner Survival
Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Jay Lethal vs. BJ Whitmer - ***1/4

Ricky Reyes vs. Davey Andrews - NR

ROH World Tag Team Championship
Tony Mamaluke & Sal Rinauro(c) vs. Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong - **3/4

ROH World Championship
Bryan Danielson(c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji - ***1/2
This just doesn't hold up on a second viewing. It was good, yes, but I don't think it ever hit the level that the next match did and Marufuji didn't sell the leg. These two had a much better match a couple years later at A New Level.

GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship
KENTA(c) vs. Low Ki - ****1/2

Overall: 8/10
A fantastic main event with a good enough undercard makes for a very good show.
__________________
Jack Evans 187 is online now  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #1630 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
KYSeahawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 596
KYSeahawks KYSeahawks KYSeahawks KYSeahawks
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

For some reason Final Battle 05 didn't seem like a big event I mean we got a great Low Ki vs. Kenta but the Dragon vs Marufuji match was just random and outshined now with their New Level match. Plus the only thing that seemed big was the 4 Corner Survival and the Tag Title match. I mean maybe it had good to great matches but didn't seem to have the feeling of a big event
KYSeahawks is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios