Official Indy DVD Thread - Page 128 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1271 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 PM
.
 
Sheik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorFitz View Post
Nobody likes him but you.
Nah, I meant HIM. The man, the trainer, the ROH employee. A lot of people like the guy. As for his character, I don't really care, because it's not me. But, obviously he's doing something right for ROH to give him a top heel stable, and have him manage the ROH world champ (at the time) in Roderick Strong.

Quote:
But I will say he is good in his role. I mean I'm still going to boo him but he's someone I enjoy booing. I gained a lot of respect for him at one of the Atlanta shows when he cut a really short promo. Now it looked to me like he only planned on saying a few words but when the fans started chanting, "Shut the Fuck Up!" at him it seemed like he sort of smiled and kept going.
Yeah. Because he's good at his job. And you're not the only one.
Sheik is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1272 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Hunter of Invisible Game
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Posts: 33,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
Nope. Almost everyone in ROH I spoke to told me the guy is great, and picking his school was a good choice.

As for his character, the dude is meant to be strongly disliked. He's the manager everybody wants to choke. The conartist. Terrible outfits, obnoxious voice, scumbag-like tactics. He's not supposed to be that "cool heel" you wanna hang out with. You're supposed to dislike him.
I don't know him personally and maybe he is a great guy in person but that wasn't the point I was trying to make either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniomare007
I guess he's also not supposed to make me not wanna watch anything he is involved in, but that's what he does...I have no idea if I am the only one who just ignores him though, maybe I am.
This however is. He's like Jeff jarrett or John Morrison to me, I just stop watching until his segment is over. Guy legit annoys the fuck out of me to the point I lose interest in the show. Thats bad heat man, making the viewer want to change the channel or watch something else, good heat means i'd want to see the guy get his ass beat, someone like lets say Jimmy Rave.

McQueen is offline  
post #1273 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 PM
.
 
Sheik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

I get your point dude, and I'm sure you're not the only one who feels that way. However my point is, there are a lot of people who want to see Truth get his ass beat. The man gets the "right kind" of heat as well. And plenty of it.
Sheik is offline  
post #1274 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Parts, Known
Posts: 752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

I'm not going to lie... I'm a follower of the Book of Truth!

He really is on point as a heel manager, and he has an awesome stable of wrestlers at the moment.
LariatSavage is offline  
post #1275 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 08:41 AM
XMAS JOY~
 
the joy~! of seabsmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ----->
Posts: 28,705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

IPW:UK Brawl At The Hall 6

LDRS Of The School vs The All Stars
***1/2

Martin Stone vs Leroy Kincaide
***1/4

Eddie Edwards vs Mark Haskins
***1/2

The All Stars vs ¡Peligro Abejas!
***1/4

Team Redman vs Team Gordon
***1/2

Dave Mastiff vs Sha Samuels
*

LDRS Of The New School vs ¡Peligro Abejas!
****

Overall:
Awesome show and one of the best Indy shows that I've seen from last year. Not a single bad match on the card and the only match under *** was cut short due to a run in. The tag round robin was fantastic and the 6 man brawl was booked brilliantly. Highly reccomended.

the joy~! of seabsmas is offline  
post #1276 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
jawbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hamm Sandwich View Post
This however is. He's like Jeff jarrett or John Morrison to me, I just stop watching until his segment is over. Guy legit annoys the fuck out of me to the point I lose interest in the show. Thats bad heat man, making the viewer want to change the channel or watch something else, good heat means i'd want to see the guy get his ass beat, someone like lets say Jimmy Rave.
At the same time though, how many people have ever gotten real heat in ROH? Punk in 03 or so, Rave and the rest of the Embassy in 05/06, Hero recently to some extent, anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx Hero View Post
This is the other wrestling section. It's still fake to us.
jawbreaker is offline  
post #1277 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 PM
It Really Wasn't!
 
Hey Santa It Wasn't My Fault!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 16,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
Nah, I meant HIM. The man, the trainer, the ROH employee. A lot of people like the guy. As for his character, I don't really care, because it's not me. But, obviously he's doing something right for ROH to give him a top heel stable, and have him manage the ROH world champ (at the time) in Roderick Strong.


Yeah. Because he's good at his job. And you're not the only one.
I think you took my post the wrong way. I was agreeing with you in that he's a good heel but he's still someone that is impossible to cheer for.
Hey Santa It Wasn't My Fault! is offline  
post #1278 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
smitlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
At the same time though, how many people have ever gotten real heat in ROH? Punk in 03 or so, Rave and the rest of the Embassy in 05/06, Hero recently to some extent, anyone else?
Nigel?
smitlick is offline  
post #1279 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
seancarleton77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Truth Martini earns his boos, he's no Vicki Guerrero.
seancarleton77 is offline  
post #1280 of 10976 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Mhirn3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lima, Ohio
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

I love Truth Martini. He was a solid worker before his neck got messed up, and has become a great heel manager on the indys. He worked for us here in Lima and didn't even have to open his mouth to get heat from the crowd, just his emotion and faces made the crowd hate him.

Man is an all around class act and great "sports entertainer"

"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance."
Confucius

www.twitter.com/mhirn3
Mhirn3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome