Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews - Page 16 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 03-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #151 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 389
milkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsmilkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsmilkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsmilkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsmilkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

So far IWRG has been on fire this year, as is par, but people really need to check out the Negro Navarro/Black Terry vs Apache/Angel Imortal tags from January.

1/9/11
First Fall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd06OAo5mIg
Second Fall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UsTZEObNRc
Third Fall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sT2l6urJ0I

1/16/11
First Fall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScaQImyk7vU
Second and Third Falls - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVpB5zt7_r8
milkman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #152 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
New Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 963
New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

I haven't checked out much new lucha this year so I'm definitely checking those out. People need to get on the Black Terry train. They don't know what they're missing. Same thing goes for Dick Togo.

I also watched Cicloncito Ramirez vs. Damiencito El Guerrero [1/7/97] and that was phenomenal. I'd put it up there with the 20 best lucha matches that I've ever seen. As good as lucha gets.

I also just acquired Negro Casas vs. El Dandy [7/15/92] and I've heard people swear by that match. How can you go wrong with 2 of the greatest wrestlers squaring off?
__________________
Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion Thread

5 Men That You Should Never Doubt
1. El Dandy
2. Stan Hansen
3. Clint Eastwood
4. Charles Bronson
5. Ron Swanson
New Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #153 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 389
milkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsmilkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsmilkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsmilkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsmilkman7 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Blood View Post
I haven't checked out much new lucha this year so I'm definitely checking those out. People need to get on the Black Terry train. They don't know what they're missing. Same thing goes for Dick Togo.
Completely agreed. I also really love Negro Navarro, they make a great team.
milkman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #154 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
New Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 963
New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

Here's Ohtani's Jacket's (from DVDVR/WKO/Pro-Wrestling Only) Top 20 Lucha Matches of the 90s:
1. Atlantis vs Blue Panther, 8/9/91
2. El Dandy vs Negro Casas, 7/3/92
3. Angel Azteca vs. El Dandy, 6/1/90
4. El Satanico/El Dandy/Emilio Charles Jr. vs. Atlantis/Javier Cruz/Angel Azteca, 5/13/90
5. Los Infernales (MS-1, Satanico & Pirata Morgan) vs. Los Brazos, 11/22/91
6. Bracito De Oro/Cicloncito Ramirez/Mascarita Magica vs Damiancito El Guerrero/El Fierito/Pierrothito, 10/3/97
7. Cicloncito Ramirez vs Damiancito El Guerrero, 1/7/97
8. Trio Fantasia v. Thundercats, (Masks vs. Masks), 12/8/91
9. Ciclon Ramirez vs Felino (Mask vs Mask), 7/9/93
10. Pirata Morgan vs El Faraon (Hair vs Hair), 11/16/90
11. El Hijo Del Santo vs Brazo De Oro (Mask vs Hair), 1/13/91
12. El Mariachi vs Blue Panther, 10/30/94
13. Ciclon Ramirez vs Javier Cruz (Hair vs Hair), 6/10/94
14. Atlantis/Brazo De Oro/El Dandy/Mascara Magica/La Fiera/Negro Casas/Shocker/Ultimo Dragon vs Black Warrior/Dr. Wagner Jr./El Hijo Del Santo/Felino/Kevin Quinn/Satanico/Scorpio Jr./Silver King, 4/18/97
15. El Hijo del Santo vs. Felino, 7/4/97
16. Rayo De Jalisco Jr. vs Apolo Dantes, 5/31/96
17. Octagon vs Fuerza Guerrera, 11/1/91
18. Mascarita Sagrada vs Espectrito I, 3/12/94
19. Silver King vs Apolo Dantes, 6/23/95
20. Dr. Wagner Jr./El Hijo Del Santo/El Texano/La Fiera/Mascara Magica/Mr. Niebla/Shocker vs Black Warrior/El Dandy/Felino/Mano Negra/Negro Casas/Scorpio Jr./Silver King, 3/28/97
__________________
Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion Thread

5 Men That You Should Never Doubt
1. El Dandy
2. Stan Hansen
3. Clint Eastwood
4. Charles Bronson
5. Ron Swanson
New Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #155 (permalink)
SNOWBLIND
 
GOD of CUNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: On the Rocks with a Bitch and a Bottle
Posts: 6,310
GOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inductee
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

OJ's blog is one of the better wrestling blogs on the net. His hatred of Jerry Estrada makes me a sad panda, though.

Spent the last while finishing up the DVDVR Texas set so I'll try and get caught up with the 2011 lucha soon. Dandy and Fuerza making tape is still the best thing to come out of 2011 wrestling for me.
GOD of CUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #156 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,012
acracker should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsacracker should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsacracker should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsacracker should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsacracker should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Blood View Post
Here's Ohtani's Jacket's (from DVDVR/WKO/Pro-Wrestling Only) Top 20 Lucha Matches of the 90s:
1. Atlantis vs Blue Panther, 8/9/91
2. El Dandy vs Negro Casas, 7/3/92
3. Angel Azteca vs. El Dandy, 6/1/90
4. El Satanico/El Dandy/Emilio Charles Jr. vs. Atlantis/Javier Cruz/Angel Azteca, 5/13/90
5. Los Infernales (MS-1, Satanico & Pirata Morgan) vs. Los Brazos, 11/22/91
6. Bracito De Oro/Cicloncito Ramirez/Mascarita Magica vs Damiancito El Guerrero/El Fierito/Pierrothito, 10/3/97
7. Cicloncito Ramirez vs Damiancito El Guerrero, 1/7/97
8. Trio Fantasia v. Thundercats, (Masks vs. Masks), 12/8/91
9. Ciclon Ramirez vs Felino (Mask vs Mask), 7/9/93
10. Pirata Morgan vs El Faraon (Hair vs Hair), 11/16/90
11. El Hijo Del Santo vs Brazo De Oro (Mask vs Hair), 1/13/91
12. El Mariachi vs Blue Panther, 10/30/94
13. Ciclon Ramirez vs Javier Cruz (Hair vs Hair), 6/10/94
14. Atlantis/Brazo De Oro/El Dandy/Mascara Magica/La Fiera/Negro Casas/Shocker/Ultimo Dragon vs Black Warrior/Dr. Wagner Jr./El Hijo Del Santo/Felino/Kevin Quinn/Satanico/Scorpio Jr./Silver King, 4/18/97
15. El Hijo del Santo vs. Felino, 7/4/97
16. Rayo De Jalisco Jr. vs Apolo Dantes, 5/31/96
17. Octagon vs Fuerza Guerrera, 11/1/91
18. Mascarita Sagrada vs Espectrito I, 3/12/94
19. Silver King vs Apolo Dantes, 6/23/95
20. Dr. Wagner Jr./El Hijo Del Santo/El Texano/La Fiera/Mascara Magica/Mr. Niebla/Shocker vs Black Warrior/El Dandy/Felino/Mano Negra/Negro Casas/Scorpio Jr./Silver King, 3/28/97
Where's Saint and Octogon vs Los Gringos?
acracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #157 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
New Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 963
New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by acracker View Post
Where's Saint and Octogon vs Los Gringos?
Not many hardcore lucha fans are into that match (meaning the WWC match). At least the ones that I've encounter. Plus, OJ isn't that much of a AAA fan.
__________________
Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion Thread

5 Men That You Should Never Doubt
1. El Dandy
2. Stan Hansen
3. Clint Eastwood
4. Charles Bronson
5. Ron Swanson
New Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #158 (permalink)
SNOWBLIND
 
GOD of CUNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: On the Rocks with a Bitch and a Bottle
Posts: 6,310
GOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inductee
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

I don't think it's a case of only "hardcore lucha fans" not digging it as opposed to it just plain not being very good.

Irrespective of whether you like AAA or not, I can't imagine too many people that've seen a decent amount of 90s lucha thinking the WWC match is one of the top 20 lucha matches of the entire decade.

Decent comparison might be the Steiners match that won the Observer MOTY for '91. Good "gateway" to puro at the time, but doesn't hold up to a shit ton of stuff over time. The WWC match is sort of the same for lucha.
GOD of CUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:58 AM   #159 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Yeah1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BOB BACKLUND
Posts: 9,544
Yeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

Never even heard of some of the stuff OJ's got listed there. Way different to what I would put out. Thought the Santo/Felino match from 98 was their best by far and the big Santo/Casas from 97 is probably my best Mexican match ever. Lack of Santo/Casas/Dandy 'Triangle' match is a little as well.
Yeah1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #160 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
New Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 963
New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood New Blood
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
Never even heard of some of the stuff OJ's got listed there. Way different to what I would put out. Thought the Santo/Felino match from 98 was their best by far and the big Santo/Casas from 97 is probably my best Mexican match ever. Lack of Santo/Casas/Dandy 'Triangle' match is a little as well.
From what I've heard, he's not a big fan of Santo/Casas 97 which makes me a sad panda.

Everyone needs to see Trio Fantasia v. Thundercats, (Masks vs. Masks), 12/8/91. One of the best tag matches that I've ever seen and it's also bloody. Good times.
__________________
Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion Thread

5 Men That You Should Never Doubt
1. El Dandy
2. Stan Hansen
3. Clint Eastwood
4. Charles Bronson
5. Ron Swanson
New Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios