I watched the Copa Antonio Pena matches over the weekend and I enjoyed some of the tournament. The terrible guys in it are terrible and it's interference heavy but that's what you should expect, right? La Parka Jr really needs to improve his cardio, though. I'll watch part 2 some time down the month (after exams), along with the Traumas tag title match from this week. Everything else looked completely skippable.
Soberano Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. vs Cancerbero & Raziel (01/11/2013 CMLL)
- this wasn't any good. The moves are clunky and the luchadores are shaky. Not much of a showing even for Soberano to flip around.
Blue Panther, Shocker, Thunder vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas (01/11/2013 CMLL)
- why this opened with Euforia and Thunder I have no clue but thankfully this swaps out to Panther/Casas rather quickly. Zacharias wearing nothing but a diaper is somewhere between slightly amusing and highly disturbing but that should be the norm for the mascots - especially on Halloween night. My only wish is that Casas threw KeMonito into the crowd or ragdolled him a bit more. Where's Rush when you need him? Match, though, is eh. Thunder would do better heel but we'd all do much better if he just fucked off home.
Mistico, Rush, Titán vs Averno, Mephisto, Volador Jr. (27/10/2013 CMLL)
- not terrible but not much good, either.
La Sombra, Rush, Thunder vs Tama Tonga, Terrible, Vangellys (02/11/2013 CMLL)
- it seems Rush has found a new person that wants him dead. Though, if he keeps at it with the headbutts, he'll kill himself first. Decent match that pretty much hangs on Rush/Terrible/Tonga throwing care out the window.
Namajague & Shigeo Okumura vs Delta & Guerrero Maya Jr. (03/11/2013 CMLL)
- Delta is a fucking pimp with that theme. I wish I could pimp this match, however. I'm probably as big a Namajague mark as they come but this felt too long and it didn't grasp my attention. Perhaps it needs a rewatch but I'm not much inspired to do so. The falls just seem to happen because they needed to, not because they felt organic, too.
Máximo, Rush, Titán vs Tama Tonga, Terrible, Vangellys (03/11/2013 CMLL)
- Rush is such a gentleman; he'll wait for you to take your shirt off before he beats the shit out of you. This was a really, really fun match and everyone came on point here. Terrible was unbelievably good and he worked every opponent so skillfully and uniquely. He played up Rush' brawler aspects, acted like a technical wizard on Titán's arm and slimeballed himself onto Máximo, mocking the exotico's gimmick. Speaking of Máximo, I'm back to liking the guy, again, as his FIP and comeback spot was really well executed here. There was a moment of awkward hanging around to allow for Titán to hit his dive, but the entire back end kicked it up into high gear. Watch this!