Originally Posted by MF83
No problem. It is maybe the best collection of wrestling I've ever experienced, way more enjoyable than 80s AJPW in comparison, and I'd recommend it to anyone! What I love is how every match has original layouts, there are so many high end players and combinations, and because of the diversity in matches and wrestlers watching the thing does not me burn out like almost every other comp has!
It can go from technical to bloody to shoot style to Choshuism tags to juniors to psychology matches to spotfests to gauntlets to elimination matches to death matches to angle matches to combinations of all the above and it's all so fucking tasty. Grab it off PWT now if you haven't already!
Going to right now, but in the meantime, since Ditch's site is working again, I've been watching 80s NJPW from there.
A few comments
1) Man, people say there's a big difference between US and Japan Hogan. The difference between US and Japan Andre the Giant is even bigger! He's absolutely awesome when around guys like Stan Hansen. Sucks that his body deteriorated like it did.
2) The more I watch the Juniors, the less I like Tiger Mask 1 and Dynamite Kid. More TM than DK. However, Gran Hamada is great.
3) The Foreigners. A bunch of them I've only heard about instead of watched, but a bunch of them are really fun to watch. Really fun. Tony Rocco, Billy Robinson, Murdoch and Adonis, etc.
4) I'm starting to get why Inoki is such an icon, but damn it, the rise of Choshu is just more entertaining.
5) (random) In about twenty years, I want to look like a black Masa Saito. I'm dead serious. He's a great wrestler too. Because of him and Fujiwara, I was siding with UWF the whole time.
6) I will never forget the name Tatsumi Fujinami. That man is the truth. As a junior or a heavy.