Re: Official Indy DVD Thread
Just finished watching DDT4 some time ago, and thought I'd share a few random thoughts on it. Sorry, no snowflakes this time.
- The opening birthday segment was great. Danielson receiving a bagfull of gifts from a stoned-again Paul London - what better to start off a show with? Markout for the old-school Mantis mask.
- In my opinion, Chuck and Kenny were the MVP's of the evening. Their 1st round match with Dark & Lovely was my MOTN. Just too awesome.
- Malachi Jackson was quite impressive actually. Showed some pretty good offense and buck-like aerial strikes. Now the only thing left for him to do is to lose that god-awful ring gear, which makes him look like a wannabe-transvestite. Does anyone how long Malachi has been wrestling, or was this his pro debut aswell?
- As much as I love the guy in general, Hero is getting pretty meh in the ring. I admit, him and Joey put on a decent match (which got better in the end), but it's just the same everytime. Elbow strikes are awesome, but a hundred of them in the same match just yells out tedious. I just hope he/they can do better in the Guerrilla Warfare match.
- The Cutlers are getting better each show. This time they really looked like they were out there to win it. Out of the two bros, Dustin looks like a guy who could make it as a singles wrestler. Just look at the guy; those looks yell out superstar to me. When he re-debuts as a cocky loudmouth named Dustin Starr (anyone?), remember, I said it first.
- As KingCrash pointed out earlier, Danielson and "Sworm" put the Bucks through hell. They showed exactly what they were out there to do: win the whole thing, even if they had to end a few human lives while doing it.[/dramatization] The ending was kind of ridiculous with the Jackson duo surviving practically every Danielson-death-move and just finishing the whole thing with a 450 (or whatever the combo is they use). A good match nonetheless.
That's all I guess. Good show, worth checking out.
smarks like to suckle from the diseased milk of Ric Flair's sagging tits
Last edited by Tarfu; 07-16-2009 at 02:56 PM.