Originally Posted by McQueen
Nope, what was it?
Watched FIP Heatstroke '08 and here are my thoughts:
• The British Lions impressed the hell out of me and hope they continue to get future bookings in FIP. They've got some serious potential and I'd definitely like to see them in ROH on day. They sort of reminded me of Irish Airborne, but with talent and personality.
• I enjoyed the fuck out of the Rinauro vs. Jones match because it really got be excited to see what they do on the next show (Fallout) since the entire show basically revolves around their match. Rinauro was his typical great heel self and Jones played up the overlooked underdog well.
• Aries vs. Blade and Strong vs. King were good shit which put over the tag champions nicely and made them look good even in defeat. The Strong/King was a the better of the two because I thought the Aries/Blade match was too formulaic. King looked fantastic and is a definite star in the making in both FIP and ROH.
• Holy fuck was Black vs. Necro an awesomely worked brawl which was probably the best singles brawl Necro has been involved in since coming to FIP. Necro bumped and sold like a mad man per usual and made Black look really good. The match also added heat the Necro vs. Age of the Fall feud which was brewing at the time.
• Stevens vs. Shiozaki was an absolute WAR. This shit was seriously awesome and if you liked their Northern Navigation match, you're gonna fucking love this. I honestly never thought I'd see something come close to topping Stevens vs. Strong from Redefined, but this definitely comes close to doing so and might with another watch. Just fucking go find this match in the media section and watch it.
• Overall this show was freaking great. The main event delivered hugely and then some while the undercard was pretty good and mainly dominated by the sheer awesomeness of the YRR. Prazak and Lenny were excellent on commentary per usual (especially Prazak) and have an exceptional chemistry together, it's too bad that chemistry hasn't translated over to ROH, but oh well. Check this shit out.