Official Indy DVD Help Thread - Page 589 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5881 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Mixed Martial Arts
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Using this new calculation thing I made up-EX: *****=100 points, ****=80 Points, ***=60 Points etc. Here is what the totals were for these shows based on Mystery's ratings (only include's the top 5 highest rated matches).

Honor Reclaims Boston-355 points
Chicago Spectacular Night 2-350 points
Chicago Spectacular Night 1-335 Points
Dethroned-350 Points
Black Friday Fallout-335 Points
Thats_howIroll is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5882 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanlax
Aside from an awesome Danielson/Shelley match and a decent Aries/Sydal match, the show is awful. Maybe not as bad as some say, but definitely not worth buying if you can download the Shelley/Danielson match.
Oh I see. Well good thing I asked before I ordered it or anything, I guess I will just download Shelley/Danielson over spring break and watch it then. Thanks.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
post #5883 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Hunter of Invisible Game
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Posts: 33,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanlax
Aside from an awesome Danielson/Shelley match and a decent Aries/Sydal match, the show is awful. Maybe not as bad as some say, but definitely not worth buying if you can download the Shelley/Danielson match.
I'll second that, Arena Warfare was easily the weakest show of the Milestone Series and a good contender for worst show of 2006. Necro/Whitmer isn't even really a match just so you know Sabin, just advancement in the CZW fued.

McQueen is offline  
post #5884 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
I'll second that, Arena Warfare was easily the weakest show of the Milestone Series and a good contender for worst show of 2006. Necro/Whitmer isn't even really a match just so you know Sabin, just advancement in the CZW fued.
ok well if two people say that then it must be quite weak. I guess WOTW II would be smart to get if I want to see Necro/Whitmer lock it up.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
post #5885 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Hunter of Invisible Game
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Posts: 33,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

War of the Wire 2 was a pretty good show and would be a better choice, I think you would enjoy the 4 corner and the Briscoes vs Evans/Strong match as well (although the WOTW 2 one isn't as good as the Best in the World match).

I'd only get Arena Warfare if you really felt you needed to have the whole Milestone series, but as a single show its just "meh".

McQueen is offline  
post #5886 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
War of the Wire 2 was a pretty good show and would be a better choice, I think you would enjoy the 4 corner and the Briscoes vs Evans/Strong match as well (although the WOTW 2 one isn't as good as the Best in the World match).

I'd only get Arena Warfare if you really felt you needed to have the whole Milestone series, but as a single show its just "meh".
Mind telling me who was in the 4 corner survial dude? I heard WOTW II was actually quite good so I might pick that one up.

AW is something I will get after I have a LOT more ROH dvds but for right now(I only have 10) I will get some better ones. I completly forgot about Best In The World(just watched GBH V Night II who could I forget) Marafuji/KENTA vs Danielson/Joe all the way.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
post #5887 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Hunter of Invisible Game
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Posts: 33,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

The 4 Corner at War of the Wire II consisted of...

Bryan Danielson
Delirious
Austin Aries
Homicide

yeah a bunch of no namers but it was a fun match

McQueen is offline  
post #5888 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
The 4 Corner at War of the Wire II consisted of...

Bryan Danielson
Delirious
Austin Aries
Homicide

yeah a bunch of no namers but it was a fun match
Yeah no namers I am sure of it Wow that does sound like a great match I would enjoy. Hell Cide in it sells it enough for me, but Danielson, Aries and Delirous nice. I might actually buy the show for more than just the main event. Thanks dude

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
post #5889 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Thisskateboarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Need some help with making my next order, so far I plan on getting:

Chicago Spectaculat Night 2
Best of Chris Hero Vol. 1
Either Dethroned or Chicago Spectacular Night 1

Should I go with CSN1 or Dethroned Im slightly leaning towards Dethroned. And also does anyone know how good the Punk vs Hero match is on the best of? Its a 60 min Ironman Match.
Thisskateboarding is offline  
post #5890 of 16091 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 03:17 AM
Use to go to Jail for Whooping ass now I get paid
 
Homicide_187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 17,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisskateboarding
Need some help with making my next order, so far I plan on getting:

Chicago Spectaculat Night 2
Best of Chris Hero Vol. 1
Either Dethroned or Chicago Spectacular Night 1

Should I go with CSN1 or Dethroned Im slightly leaning towards Dethroned.
I haven't seen the Chicago Spectacular Night I yet but Dethroned was a solid show. Nothing standout was on the card besides the ROH tag title match but it's still a must own show IMO especially if you're all caught up with ROH full shows up until that point.


Homicide_187 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome