Learning to break kayfabe
Join Date: Jan 2005
NXT Spoilers from PWInsider.com
WWE NXT Taping - Full Sail, Orlando Florida – January 31, 2012
- Natalya vs Charlotte
Natalya won with the Sharpshooter.
- Mike Dalton vs Axl Keegan
No contest. The match never started.
Summer Rae was the ring announcer. Paige stormed the ring while Keegan was coming out, which led to Rae running away. Paige took the mic and said she was holding the show hostage until Rae came back out to face her. Paige then slapped Keegan then told him and Dalton to leave. Dusty Rhodes came out on stage and tried to get Paige to leave, but Rae ended up returning to the stage. The segment ended with Rhodes and a bunch of refs separating Paige and Rae.
- Alex Riley vs Corey Graves
Graves won with The 13th Step.
- Summer Rae vs Paige
Rae won with a spinning roundhouse kick.
Paige had her left shoulder taped up, so that was the focal point of Rae's offense during the match.
Finals of the NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament:
- British Ambition vs The Wyatt Family w/ Bray Wyatt
British Ambition won with a Corkscrew Shooting Star Press by Neville on Harper.
Before the match, Dusty Rhodes came out to sit ringside with the titles. Also, Bray Wyatt cut a promo about how The Wyatt Family are undefeatable.
During the match, Wyatt interfered and was sent to the back by Rhodes.
After the match, the new champions were interviewed in the ring and they celebrated their victory.
- Yoshi Tatsu vs Bray Wyatt
Wyatt won with swinging flatliner.
After the match, Wyatt berated Rowan and Harper for losing to British Ambition. Wyatt antagonized them until they started fighting each other. This was only for a brief moment, as Wyatt stopped them and the three all left together.
- El Local vs Xavier Woods
Woods won with a Tornado DDT from the corner.
- Audrey Marie vs Sasha Banks
Marie won by reversing a wheelbarrow roll up by Banks into a sit-out face plant.
In the ring, Tony Luftman interviewed Tyson Kidd about his injury and his thoughts on being called an under appreciated workhorse by CM Punk. Leo Kruger interrupted the interview and tried to attack Kidd. Justin Gabriel ran out from the back and stopped Kruger before Kidd could be harmed.
- "The Ascension" Conor O'Brian vs Big E Langston
Double DQ. The ref got caught in-between a back and forth collar and elbow tie up.
After the match, Graves came through the crowd and attacked Langston from behind. Graves quickly grabbed the NXT Championship and left.
- Justin Gabriel w/ Tyson Kidd vs Leo Kruger
Gabriel won with the 450.
After the match, Kruger grabbed one of Kidd's crutches and went to attack him with it. This was on the outside of the ring. Gabriel, who was inside the ring, tried to stop Kruger but ended up getting laid out with the weapon instead. Kruger left without doing anything else to Kidd.
- Aksana vs Emma
Aksana won with a spinebuster.
Backstage, Bo Dallas was shown unconscious as trainers attended to him. It is unknown who attacked him.
#1 Contenders Match
- Corey Graves vs "The Ascension" Conor O'Brian
No contest. The Shield attacked and laid out both guys.
Alberto Del Rio came out and spoke about how talented the NXT roster is. When Del Rio mentioned that somewhere in the back is a future WWE or World Heavyweight Champion, Antonio Cesaro came out and challenged him to a Champion vs Champion match. Dusty Rhodes stopped Cesaro and made him face Big E Langston instead.
- Antonio Cesaro vs Big E Langston
Langston won by DQ when Graves and O'Brian jumped him.
Initially they laid Langston out, but he came back and gave them both multiple Big Endings to close out the show.
- A lot of people seemed to be disappointed that Del Rio didn't wrestle.
- In-between Episode 1 and 2, Damien Sandow came out and gave the whole crowd some questions as part of his apprentice search. Dusty Rhodes interrupted him when Sandow started ripping on the crowd. Rhodes then announced Sandow vs Orton for the Feb 21st taping.
- Emma's gimmick of being a bad / clumsy dancer seems to be catching on. I could see this eventually leading to a face turn for her if the crowd starts to get behind it.
- After the show ended, Langston stayed at ringside signing autographs and taking pictures with fans for 15-30 minutes.