Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

-   NXT (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/nxt/)
-   -   Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday? (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/nxt/643409-who-will-win-tag-titles-wednesday.html)

JY57 11-12-2012 05:44 PM

Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
as it was announced last week on Main Event. This week will be a title match between Hell No & Rhodes Scholars.

I think they will do what they did with Kofi & Miz and change title hands. IMO its needed too, because Hell No will have different material to work with or they can start their slow break up.

Patrick Bateman 11-12-2012 05:51 PM

Re: Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
I voted for Hell No but I reconsidered. I think Rhode's Scholars win and keep the titles till TLC where Hell No wins the titles back in a ladder match.

Tyrion Lannister 11-12-2012 05:52 PM

Re: Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
It would be stupid to do another title change on tv, so I'll say Rhodes Scholars, of course.

Hopefully this doesn't ruin Sandow's career like it has one member of every tag team to hold the belts. Rhodes needs to be the Jannetty.

THA_WRESTER 11-13-2012 01:13 AM

Re: Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
rhodes scholars for the win

JY57 11-13-2012 01:55 AM

Re: Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
this match got more interesting after tonight and with The Miz on commentary.

TempestH 11-13-2012 04:20 AM

Re: Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister (Post 12257221)
It would be stupid to do another title change on tv, so I'll say Rhodes Scholars, of course.

Hopefully this doesn't ruin Sandow's career like it has one member of every tag team to hold the belts. Rhodes needs to be the Jannetty.

Rhodes Scholars are not a real team. The Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty comparison doesn't apply to them. Plus Sandow is one of Triple H's boys.

Tyrion Lannister 11-13-2012 04:56 AM

Re: Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempestH (Post 12261103)
Rhodes Scholars are not a real team. The Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty comparison doesn't apply to them. Plus Sandow is one of Triple H's boys.

How are they not a real team? They have a name, they have a titantron, they even have a post match celebration. The Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty comparison applies to every team, except teams like Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara where one member is already a future world champion. If you take 2 guys who are singles guys and put them in a tag team and give them the belts, when they break up, there's ALWAYS a guy who fails and a guy who ascends to stardom, or otherwise both of them fail, but both of them will not fail in this case, one of them will make it. Which at this point, sadly, is more likely to be Cody. As for Sandow being one of Triple H's boys, I'm starting to question the validity of that. He damn sure isn't booked like one of them.

TempestH 11-13-2012 05:31 AM

Re: Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister (Post 12261156)
How are they not a real team? They have a name, they have a titantron, they even have a post match celebration. The Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty comparison applies to every team, except teams like Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara where one member is already a future world champion. If you take 2 guys who are singles guys and put them in a tag team and give them the belts, when they break up, there's ALWAYS a guy who fails and a guy who ascends to stardom, or otherwise both of them fail, but both of them will not fail in this case, one of them will make it. Which at this point, sadly, is more likely to be Cody. As for Sandow being one of Triple H's boys, I'm starting to question the validity of that. He damn sure isn't booked like one of them.

Edge & Christian and The Hardy Boyz broke this so called "formula". While one member did end up out doing the other, the "lesser member" had a decent run and notable success.

They have a name, which is simply a combination of Cody's last name and Sandow's gimmick. They're thrown together just like Team Hell No are. Rhodes and Sandow ARE two singles guys. They've kept their individual gimmicks, and don't even bother to wear matching gear. Even Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara wear matching colors sometimes.

I agree that Cody Rhodes would be the one to reach stardom FIRST. But Cody is far ahead of Sandow right now anyway. Cody has been on the main roster for five years, and a lot of people expected him to already be World Heavyweight Champion by now due to his huge improvement in character over the past two years. Damien Sandow has only been on the main roster for a few months. Before this team, he was doing nothing except squashing jobbers. Sandow WILL be a top guy, he just won't be a top guy in his current form. He needs to ditch or tone down his current gimmick before they even think about pushing him as a top guy. See how well he can talk on the mic without his gimmick as a crutch before he takes that next step. He still has a lot of work to do.

And in 1-2 years, no one will even remember that they teamed up. Cody has nothing to do right now because the World Title scenes are clogged up, and Sandow has to be developed a bit more. Once the likes of Rock and Lesnar have come and gone and are completely out of the picture (after WrestleMania), there will be plenty of room for both of them in the upper echelon of the company.

This team is just something for them to do while they build up guys like Punk, Sheamus, and Ryback. Plus WWE is trying (even if they're half-assing it) to make tag team wrestling meaningful again, and they need some upper level guys to do that. Cody and Sandow are probably the only believable threat to Kane and Bryan, two former World Champions.

DegenerateXX 11-13-2012 03:00 PM

Re: Who Will Win Tag Titles On Wednesday?
 
I think Team Hell No will retain so they get their victory leading into Survivor Series. I cannot see Team Foley winning, likely because Miz will screw the team over, so Rhodes Scholars will pick up their victory at the PPV.

I hope I am wrong though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome