Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion - Page 77 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #761 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
DetroitRiverPhx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,988
DetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friendsDetroitRiverPhx needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Sakamoto needs to start spitting green mist and he's ready for the main roster, he has a different look to him. Pair him with Yoshi Tatsu - who would spit red mist - as a heel tag team.

For the record - Red burns, green stings.

Mason Ryan should have been partnered with Adrian Neville. Power House and flippy shit wrestler together is pretty standard.

Epico with long hair wasn't a good look.

Kruger and Ohno are being wasted in a tag team. Both could be top NXT guys as singles.

NXT has a lot of trouble booking or creating faces it seems. All their interesting characters are heels, all their attempts at faces are bland and lame.
DetroitRiverPhx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #762 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
rockdig1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 702
rockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
Too many main roster talents on this episode. It really irked me that Alex Riley and Derrick Bateman, two guys who should already be on the main shows got jobbed out. I don't like main roster guys being put into contention for the NXT championships, because it puts them in a no-win situation. They can't win the belts, but they can't lose either, because it makes them look weak if they're jobbing out to developmental guys. NXT guys and WWE guys should be kept separate or the main roster guys should at least be kept away from the people that WWE are actually trying to push.
Here's the thing though - because NXT isn't aired in the US, it really doesn't make much of a difference. Guys like Riley & Bateman aren't doing anything on the main roster anyways, and if they aren't being used on the main shows then it makes since to use them on NXT. They're recognizable faces so it actually makes more sense for a team to go over them - that win means more.

Don't get me wrong though, I do think Riley & Bateman deserve to be on TV - but if WWE isn't going to use them there, they may as well serve a purpose on a show like NXT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitRiverPhx View Post
Sakamoto needs to start spitting green mist and he's ready for the main roster, he has a different look to him. Pair him with Yoshi Tatsu - who would spit red mist - as a heel tag team.

For the record - Red burns, green stings.

Mason Ryan should have been partnered with Adrian Neville. Power House and flippy shit wrestler together is pretty standard.

Epico with long hair wasn't a good look.

Kruger and Ohno are being wasted in a tag team. Both could be top NXT guys as singles.

NXT has a lot of trouble booking or creating faces it seems. All their interesting characters are heels, all their attempts at faces are bland and lame.
I also agree that Sakamoto & Yoshi Tatsu should be paired up... call them the New Orient Express and let them loose in the tag division.

And I disagree when it comes to Mason Ryan - I much prefer Oliver Grey with Neville since either guy can play the face-in-peril role, and Grey will be far more fun to watch on offense than Mason Ryan. Plus, Ryan still doesn't have a very good ring presence IMO. The guy looks like a million bucks but there's not a whole lot else there yet, maybe with time though.

I actually don't mind Kruger & Ohno as a team right now, but I'd prefer they be singles competitors down the line. It's obvious that they're building to an Ohno/Regal match (hopefully feud) and I think they'll drop the partnership once that happens.

And finally, you are correct with your assessment of how faces are bland & lame - however, it's not just an NXT problem, it's indicative of WWE overall.
rockdig1228 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #763 (permalink)
x78
Getting over in the mid-card
 
x78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,559
x78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a push
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
Too many main roster talents on this episode. It really irked me that Alex Riley and Derrick Bateman, two guys who should already be on the main shows got jobbed out. I don't like main roster guys being put into contention for the NXT championships, because it puts them in a no-win situation. They can't win the belts, but they can't lose either, because it makes them look weak if they're jobbing out to developmental guys. NXT guys and WWE guys should be kept separate or the main roster guys should at least be kept away from the people that WWE are actually trying to push.
Agree 100%. Although to be fair, Riley and Bateman are both coming back from injury, but I agree that both should be on the main roster. Why the likes of Epico & Primo are appearing on NXT almost every week is beyond me.
__________________
x78 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #764 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,033
TempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdig1228 View Post
Here's the thing though - because NXT isn't aired in the US, it really doesn't make much of a difference. Guys like Riley & Bateman aren't doing anything on the main roster anyways, and if they aren't being used on the main shows then it makes since to use them on NXT. They're recognizable faces so it actually makes more sense for a team to go over them - that win means more.

Don't get me wrong though, I do think Riley & Bateman deserve to be on TV - but if WWE isn't going to use them there, they may as well serve a purpose on a show like NXT.


.
But how are we supposed to buy them as possible credible threats if they can't even beat the minor league guys?

If you're going to use them on NXT, then they should always win unless they're wrestling another WWE Superstar. Instead of putting them in a situation where they HAVE to lose, have them wrestle against jobbers like Jake Carter, etc. who WWE aren't pushing. Don't have them wrestle someone that the company is actually high on like Kassius Ohno.

Last edited by TempestH : 01-31-2013 at 01:35 PM.
TempestH is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #765 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
rockdig1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 702
rockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
But how are we supposed to buy them as possible credible threats if they can't even beat the minor league guys?

If you're going to use them on NXT, then they should always win unless they're wrestling another WWE Superstar. Instead of putting them in a situation where they HAVE to lose, have them wrestle against jobbers like Jake Carter, etc. who WWE aren't pushing. Don't have them wrestle someone that the company is actually high on like Kassius Ohno.
1. I'm not sure WWE even cares if we take them as credible threats - especially with all the talk of Riley being buried because of Cena.

2. As I mentioned before, NXT doesn't even air in the US. You have to go out of your way to find it - it doesn't affect the casual fans at all. There's been threads in other sections of THIS site & Bateman's name is mentioned but people don't know who he is.

3. Wins & losses don't matter nearly as much as we want to believe they do. If you're entertaining enough, people will care about you. There's a reason that Ziggler gets audible chants in his favor from smarks attending live shows... even though he loses all the damn time. An even better example? Jericho has probably lost more big matches than he's won in WWE, but he's still one of the most loved performers of all time.

I get that Bateman & Riley aren't on the level of those guys, but if WWE wants us to take someone seriously, they will push him to the moon - just watch how they will handle Bo Dallas on the main roster. People on sites like this know that some guys deserve better & we will buy them winning if they are booked to win, because we know they're talented.
rockdig1228 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #766 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,033
TempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdig1228 View Post
1. I'm not sure WWE even cares if we take them as credible threats - especially with all the talk of Riley being buried because of Cena.

2. As I mentioned before, NXT doesn't even air in the US. You have to go out of your way to find it - it doesn't affect the casual fans at all. There's been threads in other sections of THIS site & Bateman's name is mentioned but people don't know who he is.

3. Wins & losses don't matter nearly as much as we want to believe they do. If you're entertaining enough, people will care about you. There's a reason that Ziggler gets audible chants in his favor from smarks attending live shows... even though he loses all the damn time. An even better example? Jericho has probably lost more big matches than he's won in WWE, but he's still one of the most loved performers of all time.

I get that Bateman & Riley aren't on the level of those guys, but if WWE wants us to take someone seriously, they will push him to the moon - just watch how they will handle Bo Dallas on the main roster. People on sites like this know that some guys deserve better & we will buy them winning if they are booked to win, because we know they're talented.
U.S. fans can watch NXT on Hulu plus. So, they, and the rest of the world see guys like Alex Riley and Derrick Bateman as big losers. Since that is their only broadcasted appearance in forever, especially for Bateman, who is rarely used at all, they have very little chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of the fans that do get to see them, unlike Jericho or Ziggler who are on TV every week. Jericho is a decorated veteran with multiple World Title reigns. He can afford to job out because he already has a legacy.
TempestH is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #767 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
rockdig1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 702
rockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
U.S. fans can watch NXT on Hulu plus. So, they, and the rest of the world see guys like Alex Riley and Derrick Bateman as big losers. Since that is their only broadcasted appearance in forever, especially for Bateman, who is rarely used at all, they have very little chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of the fans that do get to see them, unlike Jericho or Ziggler who are on TV every week. Jericho is a decorated veteran with multiple World Title reigns. He can afford to job out because he already has a legacy.
Even though NXT is on Hulu plus, my point is that the audience for NXT is much, much smaller than that of Raw, Smackdown & even Main Event. If it's not on television in the US, the majority of fans will never see it or hear anything about it. When the majority of your live audience lives in the US and they don't see you lose on TV, then it doesn't matter... I doubt there's many casuals who follow NXT, or even know it exists anymore.

I understand your point - I just disagree with it & maintain that wins & losses don't matter as much as we envision them. Like I said before, if you're entertaining enough then it won't matter as much. When WWE wants to use them, they will and they'll make sure to show us that by putting them on the bigger TV shows - that's the reality of the situation.
rockdig1228 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #768 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,045
Tony Tornado
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

This episode made me realise that Mason Ryan and Aksana are beyond saving as wrestlers. Aksana is good as a valet and Ryan would be good as the WBF champion but neither of them will ever make it as active wrestlers.
Tony Tornado is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #769 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,033
TempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more seriousTempestH needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tornado View Post
This episode made me realise that Mason Ryan and Aksana are beyond saving as wrestlers. Aksana is good as a valet and Ryan would be good as the WBF champion but neither of them will ever make it as active wrestlers.
I don't believe that any wrestler is completely useless. I would rather keep Ryan around as an enhancement talent so that guys with bigger upsides and more potential don't have to be jobbed out anymore.
TempestH is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #770 (permalink)
Celebrating my first World title
 
JoseBxNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 14,100
JoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a pushJoseBxNYC is getting a push
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Mason Ryan is back but he looks like he hasn't trained at all. Was he off the road?
__________________
New Four Horsemen in WWE?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QHv...&feature=g-upl
JoseBxNYC is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios