Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion - Page 39 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #381 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 691
Kotre is an after thoughtKotre is an after thought
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Ahh, the carbonite has finally been melted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
He certainly is, and I would say out of all the members of the WWE talent %5 are actually more entertaining than Ohno.
Ohno isn't more entertaining than 5% of the NXT regulars, let alone 95% of the WWE roster.

Quote:
You may not think that, and you are entitled to that opinion. However, Ohno has "it", and right now he is just paying his dues in NXT no different that Punk in ECW, or Bryan on NXT.
The only thing Ohno has in common with Daniel Bryan on NXT is that they came from the same place and are getting outperformed. Actually, you can add being bland as fuck to their similarities at that time.

Quote:
Ohno is working with lesser talent in terms of experience with wrestling in general. Many of you seem to forget that fact.
And? Justin Gabriel has had a longer career than half the pros on NXT1. You haven't seen anyone have to make excuses for him having poor matches. Probably because he hasn't had one that I can recall since getting a US Visa.

Quote:
Those who work well in NXT, or FCW do so only because they have been in those developmental programs their whole WWE careers.
Tell that to Justin "I was wrestling before Daniel Bryan had driven down to Texas" Gabriel. And Ohno's been in FCW/NXT since he got a contract too, in case you hadn't noticed.

Quote:
Guys like Richie, Bo, and Leo Kruger have never made the main rosters.
No, but Leo champion of a nationally broadcast wrestling show that outdrew WWE in the area. Also, nor has Kassius Ohno.

Quote:
Ohno has to lower his "standards" for work rate in NXT, and for those who think otherwise that's fine, but please provide an explanation to that point.
If you think it's acceptable to halfass it when you're in WWE you're a dumbass. Justin Gabriel (yes, I keep referring to him. He's a great example in this case) has fucking redefined his style multiple times without compromising his "workrate". Also, using workrate in an argument makes me think your IQ is about as low as Jason Steele's body fat percentage. And if Chris Hero isn't capable of putting on anything resembling passable with anyone other than an ex-ROH guy, he's worthless.
Kotre is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #382 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,447
truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

^ This coming from a man who thinks Justin Gabriel, and Leo Kruger are the future of professional wrestling. You can throw insults out all you want. Just because you have taken my quotes, and responded to them doesn't make your argument relevant. Once again Ohno is easily the most talented star on NXT from top to bottom. He is certainly better than most on the main roster. Clearly you know absolutely nothing about professional wrestling. Clearly.

You act as if Gabriel has never had a bad match while in WWE NXT, or FCW. His move set, and ring work is filled with missed spots. What has Justin done since debuting in one of the bigger angles in recent WWE memory with The Nexus? Nothing. Leo Kruger still can't get a call up to the main roster. The fact that Ohno is wrestling with stars greener than the weed Chris Jericho smokes makes me say that your criticisms of him are half assed. It's never the "other guy", it's always Ohno.

You probably were shitting on Daniel Bryan to judging by your comment of him from his NXT days. You seem to forget Bryan is now a household name. His work in NXT was more of a reason he was called back up to the main roster. You claim that both Ohno, and Bryan were bland while on NXT. Obviously an opinion, but a half assed opinion at best. You're that guy who sees talent in stars no one else sees talent in. You just want to be outside of the box because you can't face the fact that the stars everyone knows will be successful actually are. You're like that GM of a sports team who would pick Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning. Maybe you should watch some more wrestling so that you can be smarter, and stuff like that.
truk83 is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #383 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
TheSupremeForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,127
TheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

I'd take Gabriel and Kruger over Ohno right now. It's not even close. Ohno's current work wouldn't even land him in my NXT Top 5 in ring guys. He doesn't land in the Top 10 if we're including guys from the main roster who appear on NXT. He hasn't really shown much of anything.

I do concede that it's possible that someone can half ass in NXT (FCW) and step up his game once he hits the main roster, since that's what Cesaro did.
TheSupremeForce is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #384 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Zankman Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,160
Zankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
^ This coming from a man who thinks Justin Gabriel, and Leo Kruger are the future of professional wrestling. You can throw insults out all you want. Just because you have taken my quotes, and responded to them doesn't make your argument relevant. Once again Ohno is easily the most talented star on NXT from top to bottom. He is certainly better than most on the main roster. Clearly you know absolutely nothing about professional wrestling. Clearly.
I hate posts like this.

Just GTFO with fanboyism and close-mindedness like that.
__________________
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/063/e/2/curt_hawkins_by_guilhermefaraco-d4rqwcn.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstro1988 View Post
Really, really enjoyed this week's Superstars. Honestly, the fans who are too snobbish to watch it, dismissing it as 'Jobberstars' really miss out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Extra- View Post
This post really makes you too smart for a '12er, doesn't it? Your new join date is 2008.
Zankman Jack is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #385 (permalink)
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
 
Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 4,030
Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friendsRandy Orton Trapper Of The Year needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post



fixed
Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year is offline  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #386 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,447
truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankman Jack View Post
I hate posts like this.

Just GTFO with fanboyism and close-mindedness like that.
Please. I hated Chris Hero. That was until I actually watched his work. I didn't see "it" in him either, and then I realized it would be best to watch his work. He has transitioned to the WWE style just fine, and his work on NXT shouldn't "stand out" because it's NXT. Most of these men aren't that experienced with the "WWE style" anyhow with the exception of the few who have been in the WWE Developmental system for what seems like forever, and that would include stars like Leo Kruger, Richie Steamboat, Bray Wyatt, etc.

Kassius Ohno is a marketable name, logo ,and phrase if you use the last name "Ohno" in various ways on T-shirts, action figures, etc. His look is perfect, and he is 6'4, and could easily add some size in no time. For many of you it seems as though he has to have this "muscular" build, and I happen to disagree. Kassius looks just fine with his current physical size which I'm sure he will tone back in to muscle, or add about 10-12 lbs of bulk. He isn't a small man in height, and I think that helps him out just fine in the WWE. Watch the videos already posted he moves around like a man half his size, that's incredible.

By staying in NXT he is showing that he is a solid professional. He is working with stars we won't remember in 5 years from now(Jake Carter). Ohno has tons of upside, and I'm certain he is showing the guys a few things, or so because he has plenty of global wrestling experience that most of the developmental roster lacks. Kassius sold T-Shirts, and along with Cesaro marketed themselves rather well on their through wrestling circuits all over the world. That's hard to do these days especially as a tag team, let alone by yourself, which Chris Hero was able to do. The WWE finally realized this, and the most obvious move was made. Kassius is the future of professional wrestling. He has "it".
truk83 is offline  
Old 09-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #387 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
BehindYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 1,236
BehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more serious
Default

All you've really said again in a huge post is that you think ohno has 'it'...
BehindYou is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #388 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Zankman Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,160
Zankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friendsZankman Jack needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindYou View Post
All you've really said again in a huge post is that you think ohno has 'it'...
This.

I didn't even say nothing against Ohno - but his posts are just hilarious.
Reminds me of me a few months back, I was close-minded and subjective like that.
__________________
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/063/e/2/curt_hawkins_by_guilhermefaraco-d4rqwcn.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstro1988 View Post
Really, really enjoyed this week's Superstars. Honestly, the fans who are too snobbish to watch it, dismissing it as 'Jobberstars' really miss out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Extra- View Post
This post really makes you too smart for a '12er, doesn't it? Your new join date is 2008.
Zankman Jack is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #389 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,447
truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankman Jack View Post
This.

I didn't even say nothing against Ohno - but his posts are just hilarious.
Reminds me of me a few months back, I was close-minded and subjective like that.
Obviously, I was able to strike some sort of emotional response from you, if indeed you thought my posts were hilarious. Humor has no boundaries, and I except that. I was close-minded with Chris Hero, and I was easily one of his nastier critics. I used to say that he, and Michael Quackenbush were a bunch of useless jobbers with no skill. I still sort of feel the same way for Michael because he doesn't have that "look" to make it in the big leagues. However, Michael is easily one of the better "wrestlers" in the world today.

Close-minded isn't acknowledging someone has "it". Has Ohno been perfect since coming in to WWE Developmental? Certainly not. Who has? Yes, their are flaws in his game just like anyone else. However, when it comes down to overall potential Kassius is light years ahead of most of the NXT roster outside of Dean Ambrose. The WWE is about delivering in the ring, but especially on the mic. Ohno has similar mic skills to that of a CM Punk, in that he has a lot to say. Ohno is also really in to the character, and knows his character. The man lives, and breaths professional wrestling just like all the other guys say they do. The difference with Ohno is that he is going to be a major star.
truk83 is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #390 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
BehindYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 1,236
BehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more seriousBehindYou needs to take rep more serious
Default

So again your answer is "hero has it".
You say he hasn't been great in fcw but than come out with him being similar on the Mic to punk, with no evidence of it.
If anything his character is hurting him... His promos with claudio as KoR are far better.
BehindYou is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios