Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion - Page 27 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #261 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
TheSupremeForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,127
TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
The crowd is killing NXT. Are these people even wrestling fans? Good God, I made more noise in my bedroom watching the main event. They were there live and sat there doing nothing.

Anyway, just how damn good was Rollins vs McIntyre? It's so good to see Rollins in a WWE ring. But since when all of a sudden people were riding the Seth Rollins bandwagon? I know I can't compare but there was an old message board that I used to be on (mostly full of ROH fans) and every one used to shit on Black. This was, of course, during his ROH days. Like I said, I know it's two different groups of people but I just find it amazing to see the praise Rollins gets on these parts.
The match was good, but I'm still not convinced that Rollins really knows what he's doing in the ring. He's athletic and moves well, but he just seems a little lost at times. I'm pretty much convinced that he CAN have very good matches, provided he has a skilled opponent who can control the match. Drew McIntyre does not have bad matches at this point (the squashes they keep sticking him in don't count).
TheSupremeForce is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #262 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,925
truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

I'm glad to see that the show has a title, but what the fuck does NXT even stand for, or mean?
truk83 is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #263 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 691
Kotre 101 - 250Kotre 101 - 250
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSupremeForce View Post
The match was good, but I'm still not convinced that Rollins really knows what he's doing in the ring. He's athletic and moves well, but he just seems a little lost at times. I'm pretty much convinced that he CAN have very good matches, provided he has a skilled opponent who can control the match. Drew McIntyre does not have bad matches at this point (the squashes they keep sticking him in don't count).
That would be because he doesn't. A lot of people think he does, including himself. A lot of people are completely fucking stupid, including himself. When somebody with skill and seniority works with him, they can take him by the ear and drag him from spot to spot, telling him exactly what to do and when to do it he can be carried to a good match. When he's in there with someone who can be persuaded that spots over psychology and hitting multiple finishers is the way to go then the match goes down the crapper. For all his faults, Drew meets the criteria of being able to tell Seth "do exactly what I say" and expect him to do that.
Kotre is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #264 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
sharkboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,174
sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000sharkboy22 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
That would be because he doesn't. A lot of people think he does, including himself. A lot of people are completely fucking stupid, including himself. When somebody with skill and seniority works with him, they can take him by the ear and drag him from spot to spot, telling him exactly what to do and when to do it he can be carried to a good match. When he's in there with someone who can be persuaded that spots over psychology and hitting multiple finishers is the way to go then the match goes down the crapper. For all his faults, Drew meets the criteria of being able to tell Seth "do exactly what I say" and expect him to do that.
You realy can't blame Rollins, it's just that style that he was used to working. What I blame is those stupid independent promotions with their brainless fanbase who actually try to sell me that style of wrestling. Yeah, I'm supposed to just watch a guy go head first into a table and then kick out after 1 like nothing happened. The just get up perfectly fine and somehow muster up the strength to pick his opponent up. Then there's the stupid spots like dual-boots and the dual-super kicks. Yeah, the super kick which ends matches is just traded like regular punches. It's borrowed from the puro style of wrestling (which I also despise and fucking kill me for it I'm not a fan of any Misawa/Kenta matches because nobody fucking sells anything and a super duper corkscrew motherfuckin suplex apparently deals the same damage as a fucking right hand)

I was a fan of Tyler Black during his ROH because I saw some ability in him. That and he has the look. A lot of people often ask,'Why would you put someone like Rollins in FCW?" Well it's because they need to teach them how to actually wrestle and tell a story because they've been brainwashed over the years thinking that the more spots and the more suplex variations you can do, makes you a better wrestler'. I don't give a rat's ass about that submission move you learned in Mexico that you execute so cleanly. If it's gonna be awkwardly placed and applied to a body part you won't even working, then it has no place in the match and you shoulnd't be using it. Oh and is 5-10 submission moves per match really neccessary? I think the first thing they tell you in wrestling school is "Get it through your thick skull that less is more and your stupid flips add no meaning to the match whatsoever" There's a documentary on the Hart Dungeon and this matter was seriously addressed. Even one of the Hart brothers admitted to doing 'some pretty fucked up things" in his day. Less is more.

So yeah, you really can't blame Rollins. It's the only style he knows. He probably watched a lot of independent and puro shit. Not to mention the brainless ROH fans slapping the barricade chanting "This is awesome" every time somebody kicks out of a pin after being dropped on their head could get the momentum going and making you think you're putting on a good match, when you're not. And I don't think this matter should be up for debate. A lot of guys in the business have spoken out against this sort of wrestling. It's not wrestling. It's just move for move, spot for spot.

It's okay though. There's a reason he's on NXT. Right now they're trying to tone him down. And people take that term the wrong way. Toning down doesn't mean limiting your moveset. It means restricting it so that you can use the vast amount of moves in your arsenal effectively. The WWE has been known to tone these guys down really good and give them the ability to wrestle that style that tells a story and focuses more psychology rather than moves and spots. Look at CM Punk. He has changed a lot since his ROH days. Again, kill me I don't care, his match with Airies was fucking abysmal. Now look at his match with Cena. Has Punk ever did the Koji Clutch before in WWE? No. And that's why it meant so much that night. Less is more. And it was applied at perfect timing.

Rollins will get there. Right now the guy that I want WWE pick up is Adam Cole. He has basic understanding of ring psychology. I saw a documentary that featured. He knows his shit. He has ring psychology 101 downpact. But it's that stupid ROH that's fucking him up.
__________________
sharkboy22 is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #265 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
TheSupremeForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,127
TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

I do hope that Rollins eventually "picks it up," but he has been wrestling constantly in the WWE system for almost two years now. Given the amount of "success" they've handed to him so far, I'm not sure he even realizes there's a problem, however. He might believe that he's doing just fine and not bother, at which point he'll be a catastrophic failure.
TheSupremeForce is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #266 (permalink)
I'm known as 'Scottish-Throw' when introduced by Michael Cole.
 
Scottish-Suplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 3,494
Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000Scottish-Suplex 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
I'm glad to see that the show has a title, but what the fuck does NXT even stand for, or mean?
It's Next, just spelt wrong (because poor literacy is kewl!) and they're all supposed to be the next big thing, even the ones who have been on the show several years now and don't have any plans on going anywhere any time soon.
__________________

"Get up fools, this mah table now!"
Scottish-Suplex is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #267 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 691
Kotre 101 - 250Kotre 101 - 250
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
You realy can't blame Rollins, it's just that style that he was used to working. What I blame is those stupid independent promotions with their brainless fanbase who actually try to sell me that style of wrestling. Yeah, I'm supposed to just watch a guy go head first into a table and then kick out after 1 like nothing happened. The just get up perfectly fine and somehow muster up the strength to pick his opponent up. Then there's the stupid spots like dual-boots and the dual-super kicks. Yeah, the super kick which ends matches is just traded like regular punches. It's borrowed from the puro style of wrestling (which I also despise and fucking kill me for it I'm not a fan of any Misawa/Kenta matches because nobody fucking sells anything and a super duper corkscrew motherfuckin suplex apparently deals the same damage as a fucking right hand)

I was a fan of Tyler Black during his ROH because I saw some ability in him. That and he has the look. A lot of people often ask,'Why would you put someone like Rollins in FCW?" Well it's because they need to teach them how to actually wrestle and tell a story because they've been brainwashed over the years thinking that the more spots and the more suplex variations you can do, makes you a better wrestler'. I don't give a rat's ass about that submission move you learned in Mexico that you execute so cleanly. If it's gonna be awkwardly placed and applied to a body part you won't even working, then it has no place in the match and you shoulnd't be using it. Oh and is 5-10 submission moves per match really neccessary? I think the first thing they tell you in wrestling school is "Get it through your thick skull that less is more and your stupid flips add no meaning to the match whatsoever" There's a documentary on the Hart Dungeon and this matter was seriously addressed. Even one of the Hart brothers admitted to doing 'some pretty fucked up things" in his day. Less is more.

So yeah, you really can't blame Rollins. It's the only style he knows. He probably watched a lot of independent and puro shit. Not to mention the brainless ROH fans slapping the barricade chanting "This is awesome" every time somebody kicks out of a pin after being dropped on their head could get the momentum going and making you think you're putting on a good match, when you're not. And I don't think this matter should be up for debate. A lot of guys in the business have spoken out against this sort of wrestling. It's not wrestling. It's just move for move, spot for spot.

It's okay though. There's a reason he's on NXT. Right now they're trying to tone him down. And people take that term the wrong way. Toning down doesn't mean limiting your moveset. It means restricting it so that you can use the vast amount of moves in your arsenal effectively. The WWE has been known to tone these guys down really good and give them the ability to wrestle that style that tells a story and focuses more psychology rather than moves and spots. Look at CM Punk. He has changed a lot since his ROH days. Again, kill me I don't care, his match with Airies was fucking abysmal. Now look at his match with Cena. Has Punk ever did the Koji Clutch before in WWE? No. And that's why it meant so much that night. Less is more. And it was applied at perfect timing.

Rollins will get there. Right now the guy that I want WWE pick up is Adam Cole. He has basic understanding of ring psychology. I saw a documentary that featured. He knows his shit. He has ring psychology 101 downpact. But it's that stupid ROH that's fucking him up.
Rollins has been in FCW for two years. In less time Justin Gabriel went from this:



to this:



and put on consistently outstanding matches no matter who he worked with.

If Seth can't learn how to work while working on a daily basis with Ricky Steamboat and Dusty Rhodes, alongside someone like Damien Sandow or Leo Kruger he's not going to.

In his time in FCW nobody has has been catered to like Seth Rollins. When he came in having worked few short matches they brought in the FCW 15 matches for him and quality wrestlers to work with at every step. This has had the effect oh hiding his weaknesses very well, to the point that most internet dumbasses don't realise how shit he is. and the fact that he's been catered to so strongly means that nobody has told him how shit he is. I literally can't remember the last short match Seth had in FCW. He also came in being treated like hot shit with the exact same music and spots that he was while he was getting booed out the building in ROH. Nothing about his in ring work has changed, and his idea of "making himself stand out" is to bleach half his hair. Being an ex-indietard is no excuse for being a pathetic excuse for a wrestler.

Kaval improved.

Daniel Bryan improved

Dean Ambrose improved

Seth has not.

Last edited by Kotre : 07-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Kotre is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #268 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,893
Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Rollins has been in FCW for two years. In less time Justin Gabriel went from this:



to this:



and put on consistently outstanding matches no matter who he worked with.

If Seth can't learn how to work while working on a daily basis with Ricky Steamboat and Dusty Rhodes, alongside someone like Damien Sandow or Leo Kruger he's not going to.

In his time in FCW nobody has has been catered to like Seth Rollins. When he came in having worked few short matches they brought in the FCW 15 matches for him and quality wrestlers to work with at every step. This has had the effect oh hiding his weaknesses very well, to the point that most internet dumbasses don't realise how shit he is. and the fact that he's been catered to so strongly means that nobody has told him how shit he is. I literally can't remember the last short match Seth had in FCW. He also came in being treated like hot shit with the exact same music and spots that he was while he was getting booed out the building in ROH. Nothing about his in ring work has changed, and his idea of "making himself stand out" is to bleach half his hair. Being an ex-indietard is no excuse for being a pathetic excuse for a wrestler.

Kaval improved.

Daniel Bryan improved

Dean Ambrose improved

Seth has not.
I like Low-Ki, One of the small guys that doesn't need to do 20 corkscrew moonsaults to get over.
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #269 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 691
Kotre 101 - 250Kotre 101 - 250
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
I like Low-Ki, One of the small guys that doesn't need to do 20 corkscrew moonsaults to get over.
I found him dull as shit in TNA. He was the best man by far in NXT2. That's improvement
Kotre is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #270 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,893
Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
I found him dull as shit in TNA. He was the best man by far in NXT2. That's improvement
Because in TNA, he was brought in as some International Talent, strictly for the X-Division, that just seemed like a special attraction.
Combat Analyst is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios