Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion - Page 12 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #111 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
GetStokedOnIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,755
GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Not a bad episode, I do think that this new NXT will start hitting it's stride when they stop doing debuts and squash matches. I understand they have to debut people, and the easiest way to do so is to make them look strong in a quick match, although these aren't particularly interesting, the crowd aren't into it and neither are the commentators.

Highlight of the night was probably the Bray Wyatt video package and the Steamboat match (looked sharp), but Bateman/Curtis was pretty decent as well as the main event.
__________________
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral


Twitter: @DynamiteShovel
GetStokedOnIt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #112 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
TheSupremeForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,127
TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000TheSupremeForce 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

It was the worst WWE show I've watched this year, and that's saying something because they've had some crap (mostly Raws). The Ascension had the "best" match (which is also saying something) and that match looked like something they added way after the fact to fill space. If I was just starting watching (and didn't already know everyone) I'd have written off the entire product already.

I do imagine shows will get better, but at a minimum that won't be until the second set of tapings airs. I won't miss JR once he inevitably stops doing commentary again. The man clearly no longer follows the product he's supposed to be commentating.
TheSupremeForce is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #113 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
GetStokedOnIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,755
GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000GetStokedOnIt 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSupremeForce View Post
It was the worst WWE show I've watched this year, and that's saying something because they've had some crap (mostly Raws). The Ascension had the "best" match (which is also saying something) and that match looked like something they added way after the fact to fill space. If I was just starting watching (and didn't already know everyone) I'd have written off the entire product already.

I do imagine shows will get better, but at a minimum that won't be until the second set of tapings airs. I won't miss JR once he inevitably stops doing commentary again. The man clearly no longer follows the product he's supposed to be commentating.
Yeah I agree, just because I think this crowd had to sit through about 4 different tapings in one night if I'm correct? If so that's a LOT of squash matches and is probably why they're fucking dead for the most part. I hope this is the reason anyway, it's very annoying how quiet the crowd are.
__________________
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral


Twitter: @DynamiteShovel
GetStokedOnIt is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #114 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Steve.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,008
Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

I noticed what i presume is piped in/overlayed sound. After Kruger won his match it had his FCW theme playing whereas he came to the ring with new music, then after the replay of the match was shown it went back to the music he used for his entrance with a bad set of boo's added to iy.
Steve. is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #115 (permalink)
Celebrating my first World title
 
JoseBxNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 14,073
JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500JoseBxNYC 5001 - 5500
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Leo Kruger definitely has the look. The rear naked choke isn't a bad finisher either. I can definitely see WWE pushing him to the moon in the future. Actually if it wasn't for his neck injury he would have been in the main roster already.

Seth Rollins looked horrible. The guy has no charisma whatsoever and that weak finish didn't do him any favors. He should go back to the Abra Kadabra.

Usos vs. Ascension was a nice formula tag match. Ascension can go far with the right booking.

Steamboat's match never picked up. Not that he was bad but the match was arm drag, arm drag and arm hold and then it was over.

They changed Cesaro's theme and he actually showed more in this match than his entire Smackdown run. Hopefully his match with Sin Cara on Superstars tops this.

Bray Wyatt promo amazing once again.

Skipped Curtis & Batemen. They simply don't interest me at all.
JoseBxNYC is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #116 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 691
Kotre 101 - 250Kotre 101 - 250
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseBxNYC View Post
Leo Kruger definitely has the look. The rear naked choke isn't a bad finisher either. I can definitely see WWE pushing him to the moon in the future. Actually if it wasn't for his neck injury he would have been in the main roster already.
Agreed, he also uses escaping from the hold well as a finish sequence. He's seemingly traded it for a hangman's facebuster as of the most recent FCW show though. It's a good thing, having a good impact finisher is pretty important for a wrestler like Kruger, especially if he's wrestling shorter matches.

Quote:
Seth Rollins looked horrible. The guy has no charisma whatsoever and that weak finish didn't do him any favors. He should go back to the Abra Kadabra.
He lacks many more things than charisma. Like Tallent, psychology, a good look, brains and a good attitude.

Also it's Arvada Kadavra, not abra kadabra. Guy's a Harry Potter fan. Infact the "Black" in his indie name comes from Sirius Black.

Quote:
Usos vs. Ascension was a nice formula tag match. Ascension can go far with the right booking.
Agreed.

Quote:
Steamboat's match never picked up. Not that he was bad but the match was arm drag, arm drag and arm hold and then it was over.
That's pretty much what you'll get from Richie in any match. Arm work, then some running and strikes to finish it. Oh, and there's that part of the match where he sells too. It wasn't in that match, but it's similarly unspectacular.

Quote:
They changed Cesaro's theme and he actually showed more in this match than his entire Smackdown run. Hopefully his match with Sin Cara on Superstars tops this.

Bray Wyatt promo amazing once again.

Skipped Curtis & Batemen. They simply don't interest me at all.
Agreed on all fronts.
Kotre is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #117 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Zankman Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,160
Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

^^
Why would you skip a part?

---
So, this episode was also bad?
:/
Rhodes as on-screen GM, Regal and JR on commentary, NXT and FCW wrestlers as the roster, all of it sounded to good, or what?
__________________
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/063/e/2/curt_hawkins_by_guilhermefaraco-d4rqwcn.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstro1988 View Post
Really, really enjoyed this week's Superstars. Honestly, the fans who are too snobbish to watch it, dismissing it as 'Jobberstars' really miss out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Extra- View Post
This post really makes you too smart for a '12er, doesn't it? Your new join date is 2008.
Zankman Jack is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #118 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Steve.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,008
Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000Steve. 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Going to be that guy, Avada Kadavra. XD
Steve. is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #119 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 691
Kotre 101 - 250Kotre 101 - 250
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankman Jack View Post
^^
Why would you skip a part?

---
So, this episode was also bad?
:/
Rhodes as on-screen GM, Regal and JR on commentary, NXT and FCW wrestlers as the roster, all of it sounded to good, or what?
I didn't skip it, though it wasn't worth watching either. I think it will pick up, don't get me wrong, they're just introducing the key players by way of squashes.
Kotre is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #120 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
dxbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,233
dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

NXT is confusing. They're editing/cutting/pasting different parts of the show to make it into 1 show? 1 second I'm watching a match with JR-Saxton on commentary, 1 min later it's Regal-JR-Russo, then another few mins later, it's back to JR-Saxton
__________________
dxbender is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios