Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion - Page 105 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1041 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Haven't watched any NXT goodness for about 3 weeks now. I need to get caught up and fast.

BEST FOR CHRISTMAS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1042 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Haven't watched any NXT goodness for about 3 weeks now. I need to get caught up and fast.
Ohno had a great promo with Regal on this week's show that's worth checking out! Kruger has also been all kinds of awesome the past few weeks. He has added so much to his in ring style and moveset that further cement and flesh out his hunter character, and added Nigel McGuinness' finisher, the London Dungeon as his new finisher.

Other notables are British Ambition and The Family's feud, and the Paige and Summer Rae feud.

"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock
THANOS is offline  
post #1043 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
Ohno had a great promo with Regal on this week's show that's worth checking out! Kruger has also been all kinds of awesome the past few weeks. He has added so much to his in ring style and moveset that further cement and flesh out his hunter character, and added Nigel McGuinness' finisher, the London Dungeon as his new finisher.

Other notables are British Ambition and The Family's feud, and the Paige and Summer Rae feud.
Got them all sitting backlogged on my Sky+ along with a couple of WrestleTalkTV podcasts. Need to find a day to just sit and watch them all if I can. I love NXT. Unfortunate that I've missed it for so many weeks now.

BEST FOR CHRISTMAS is offline  
post #1044 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
x78
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
x78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Ohno failed to deliver yet again IMO. He stammered his way through the promo and what he said made no sense, one minute he was praising Regal and then the next he was insulting him and calling him a joke? It just left me confused more than anything else, especially when Regal was trying to be nice to him. On the plus side he at least looked more legit with the shorter beard, but there's still a long way to go before he's even close to being ready for the main roster.



x78 is offline  
post #1045 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x78 View Post
Ohno failed to deliver yet again IMO. He stammered his way through the promo and what he said made no sense, one minute he was praising Regal and then the next he was insulting him and calling him a joke? It just left me confused more than anything else, especially when Regal was trying to be nice to him. On the plus side he at least looked more legit with the shorter beard, but there's still a long way to go before he's even close to being ready for the main roster.
To each their own but I disagree completely. I think he did quite well this week and explained his reasoning perfectly. He started respecting Regal for helping to train him and for being a vicious villain, but then went on to say that he now has nothing to gain from getting a career like Regal's, and told him he's now shell of his former self and a walking joke. It made perfect sense because he looked up to him while on the indies until he got to the wwe and saw everything that Regal had to show for his "talents" and then lost all that respect.

"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock

Last edited by THANOS; 03-21-2013 at 09:16 PM.
THANOS is offline  
post #1046 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 PM
x78
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
x78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
To each their own but I disagree completely. I think he did quite well this week and explained his reasoning perfectly. He started respecting Regal for helping to train him and for being a vicious villain, but then went on to say that he now has nothing to gain from getting a career like Regal's, and told him he's now shell of his former self and a walking joke. It made perfect sense because he looked up to him while on the indies until he got to the wwe and saw everything that Regal had to show for his "talents" and then lost all that respect.
That's what was implied but I don't think he really made it clear enough at all, it just seemed like he started insulting Regal for no reason right after praising him. If we didn't know that he used to be Chris Hero, the promo would have made absolutely no sense. The actual delivery of the second part was alright, he was getting good heat when he started insulting Regal and he does at least sound like a WWE Superstar but I don't know, I'm clutching at straws really, like I said there's still a lot of work to do. It's strange because I saw a video of him cutting a perfectly good in-ring promo last year at a NXT house show, so I'm not sure why he hasn't really been able to do it on TV yet. He still seems kind of awkward in his role to me, maybe he should turn face after his feud with Regal is over.



x78 is offline  
post #1047 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
papercuts_hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x78 View Post
That's what was implied but I don't think he really made it clear enough at all, it just seemed like he started insulting Regal for no reason right after praising him. If we didn't know that he used to be Chris Hero, the promo would have made absolutely no sense. The actual delivery of the second part was alright, he was getting good heat when he started insulting Regal and he does at least sound like a WWE Superstar but I don't know, I'm clutching at straws really, like I said there's still a lot of work to do. It's strange because I saw a video of him cutting a perfectly good in-ring promo last year at a NXT house show, so I'm not sure why he hasn't really been able to do it on TV yet. He still seems kind of awkward in his role to me, maybe he should turn face after his feud with Regal is over.
Apologize for re-posting as this is part of my first post a couple pages ago but since it's right on point with what you're talking about:

Unlike many people here I have enjoyed KO so far in NXT and I like his matches, the style is unique and I think "disasterpiece" is a good way to put it as he does. The KO elbow looks great and I liked him beating Bateman with the boot last week too, it puts over that he can knock you out at any time in a variety of ways.

That said, I didn't think the promo today was terrible strong...I think all the pieces were there but it seemed disjointed. I think what he was trying to say was that he was disgusted with Regal for apologizing and acting wimpy when he used to be inspiringly vicious, but he didn't exactly say that, he just dissed Regal and said his career was worthless, etc...he didn't really connect the dots between "I idolized you" and "you are a loser" to me. He just needed to say something like "I don't want you to apologize for hitting me, that's exactly the kind of thing I used to love about you, now you are old and washed up and you regret your past instead of being the proud villain you once were." Idk just my two cents.

So I def agree with you....kind of seemed like they were having 2 different coversations or something. Still not complaining too much though, it was pretty good overall.
papercuts_hurt is offline  
post #1048 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seville, Andalusia, Spain
Posts: 2,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

It's funny how NXT has much better gimmicks than the main roster. Bray Wyatt, Leo Kruger, Corey Graves, the Ascension... Please WWE, fire all those Hollywood writers of Raw and use NXT writers; they know about what wrestling characters should be.
Interceptor88 is offline  
post #1049 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Srdjan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

From last night NXT:

-Kruger/GAbriel- **3/4. Good performance from Gabriel here. The match was destroyed by Kruger working only on the arm.

-Great segment between Regal and Ohno, and this is an interesting feud.Ohno seems to have grown more on the mic and he’s enjoyable to me. I’m also interested to see if the two end up having a match. Ohno can go in the ring, obviously, but Regal’s gotten up there in age.

-Paige/Baylee- **. Good divas match here. Baylee seemed good here, but it was a short match and I can't really pronnounce.

-Neville/Harper- **1/2. Neville was great here, he played the underdog role excellent. Can't say nothing bad about Harper either, he played his character perfectly dominating the underdog.

Overall: This week show was great. An excellent segemnt between REgal/Ohno and none of the matches were bad

[SIGPIC]http://fat.gfycat.com/NastyInconsequentialJoey.gif[SIGPIC]

Curent Favorites: Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Corey Graves, Randy Orton, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Bully Ray, Samoa Joe

All time favorites: Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Mick Foley, Chris Benoit, Sting,Ric Flair
Srdjan99 is offline  
post #1050 of 3929 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
VINT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

I kinda noticed Ohno's hand gestures were too much, kinda reminded me of a rapper, someone like T.I. or Eminem, like they do. Kassius stop listening to rap dammit!

VINT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome