Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread - Page 269 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #2681 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
JoseDRiveraTCR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,660
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by navybluehoodie View Post
what a terrible reason for wanting somebody to be fired.
Hyperbole. Ever head of it?

Quote:
It's also a pretty ridiculous to stop liking a wrestler or anything else for that matter just because you think certain fans are annoying or stupid.
It's perfectly reasonable for someone's opinion to sour due to extreme acts or positions from people who hold similar opinions. One reason is that they don't want to be associated with said group. Another reason is that those who hold extreme or strong opinions can cause one to reevaluate one's position and eventually change it. A third reason is simply that one finds the extreme opinions annoying and wants to stop that annoyance, and this can be directed towards those who are causing the annoyance or towards what is causing a group of people to be annoying.

Quite frankly, I'm getting annoyed of all the bitching about Ambrose not debuting yet, bringing him up randomly in conversation that have nothing to do with him, or coming up with crazy ways and angles to debut him even though the majority of people don't know him (i.e. him teaming up with Punk and Heyman, or randomly attacking Cena). You see, when a person gets annoyed they do whatever possible to stop it. Sometimes the necessary action someone has to take is to remove themselves from the situation. Now, I can remove myself from this thread to get away from said annoyance, which I will, however a lot of this Amrbose talk that annoys me has been flowing over to the other sections and threads. The only way for me to get away from this annoyance would be to remove myself and leave the forum, but I'm not going to do that. The other option would be to put people on my ignore list, but there are a lot of Ambrose super marks. This is where I'm left at. A bunch of Ambrose marks are annoying me and I just want it to stop. Maybe some of you can just calm down when it comes to Ambrose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupMan Prime View Post
lol last year i remember former Punk fans starting hating Punk because so many ppl on here marked for him and over hyped him. I dont get disliking someone for their fans being hardcore fans of that person.
Yep, and like I said above, it's perfectly reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ray View Post
I like him for a reason. I suppose it would be better if he got released and we got another santino or brodus in his place?...thats what I thought.
Yes, because clearly me being annoyed by Ambrose's marks and wanting him to get fired so I stopped being annoyed is the same as wanting shitty wrestlers.

Quote:
he offers something different. as wrestling fans we should all want good wrestlers and good performers to match, not many people get by on their wrestling ability alone, some do but they are the exception, not the rule.

I could see Ambrose being a 'Paul Heyman guy' after all it was ECW that inspired him to become a wrestler and he is somewhat of a hardcore connoisseur so it fits nicely. Most of his indy work has been in more hardcore promotions.
Is this directed towards me? If so, I don't know what the fuck this has to do with anything I said.


By the way, Tyrion aka Pyro, you yourself have spoken up against Ambrose being overhyped. Maybe you should red rep youself.

Quote:
Like I said before, this hype needs to die down already, it's just making people bash him unwarrantedly and they won't give him a chance when he gets called up now when they otherwise would've liked him. If you want to fawn over him, at least do it in the official thread.
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/63...l#post11849810
__________________
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #2682 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Eddie Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,493
Eddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friends
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

your points are convoluted and make no sense. you came onto an AMBROSE THREAD so what the hell do you expect. I've only seen him mentioned in passing on other threads, being raised as a possible person for a storyline, perfectly reasonable, nothing wrong with that OR threads bitching about him which kinda count as an ambrose thread.

your argument is literally "it annoys me, so instead of ignoring it and moving on with my life, i hope he gets fired" that is not hyperbole my friend, that is basically what you are saying.

Also, can I just make one more point...if everyone is apparently talking about him then surely thats for a reason. stop being a wrestling hipster, there is so many of them these days. "i dont like X cause X has sooooo many fans and thats just not cool".

also no, the ECW comment had nothing to do with you, I was responding to the guys giving their ideas, ya know, on an Ambrose thread.
Eddie Ray is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #2683 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,519
WashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

@ this no-name having a 269 page thread before he has even been on TV. The IWC reminds me of those "indie" music fans. Everyone mainstream sucks, only their unknown underground guys who only they have heard of have any "real" talent.

From his promos, he reminds me of a less charismatic David Flair. Haven't seen him in the ring yet, but people only seem to talk about his promo ability, so I imagine he's average at best.

Last edited by WashingtonD : 09-17-2012 at 11:06 PM.
WashingtonD is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #2684 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Hoxsfan206 is an after thought
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashingtonD View Post
@ this no-name having a 269 page thread before he has even been on TV. The IWC reminds me of those "indie" music fans. Everyone mainstream sucks, only their unknown underground guys who only they have heard of have any "real" talent.
Direct me to where anybody said anything close to what you're stating in your post. You can't? Thought so. It's funny you guys are insulting someone for being popular on this forum by calling him a "no-name". Obviously he's a no name as of now, everyone that's not in the WWE is a fucking no-name you numbnuts. Also funny that it's a sin to like a pretty unknown guy on a forum where you discuss a scripted sport to the tee, get a grip. Now, you and everyone else insulting him for being a "nobody" continue making yourselves look like idiots by wasting your time hoping a guy is out of their job which they worked their whole lives to make it in just because he has more fans than they should at this stage of their careers. Idiots.
Hoxsfan206 is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 AM   #2685 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,519
WashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more seriousWashingtonD needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

I'm not insulting him, I'm just pointing out this fanboyism of his has reached unreal levels of ridiculousness, before he's even done shit.

You're simply putting words in my mouth. When did I ever say I want him out of a job? In fact, I'm intrigued to see him, but not to the point of some people on here who probably wouldn't object to him ending Taker's streak in his first match.

I said he reminded me of David Flair as somewhat of a compliment. I liked David Flair. But I also stated that to point out he has a long way to go before he's a fully well-rounded wrestler, as David Flair wasn't ever more than a mid-card guy himself.

It just seems like to me you're being overly caustic with your words because I've hit a nerve with my statement. Either that, or you're just bitter for some reason.
WashingtonD is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #2686 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Eddie Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,493
Eddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friends
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

contrary to what the anti-ambrose brigade think we do not want to see him doing crap like "ending the streak in his first match" we just want him to do well. We don't want to see him wasted in a bad feud or storyline that won't accentuate his particular characteristics With him being new he needs something to cement him. his character is unpredictable and shocking, so do something to that effect, not just because I want him pushed to the friggin' moon (ain't gunna deny that) but because it suits his nature.

you know another newcomer I like...Sandow. I want him to do just as well but now he's debuted its pointless having a thread about him, his direction is pretty obvious now, looks like a feud with Ryder is on the cards, which is great, I like both of them. I want to see this feud purely for the verbal exchanges. If they don't go ahead with that feud then thats a huge opportunity missed.

BTW i'm not anti mainstream.Of the current Roster I like CM Punk, D-Bry, Ziggler, Ryder...basically anyone I see as good or entertaining, I couldn't care less about their popularity or lack there of, its personal taste for me. Ambrose is one of those guys that ticks all the boxes for me, great on the mic with a quirky, unstable and dangerous character, an interesting ring style, that ,although not the most technical, is a reaction to his character. Merciless, brutal and unpredictable. and a good change from the mostly stale product we've been getting as of late. He won't get rid of the PG era, people hold him far too high on that regard, but he might just, and I mean MIGHT, bring a little edge that has been needed for quite sometime now.

I guess hes the anti santino and brodus crap, he embodies the antithesis of everything I don't like about the WWE. I hope he does really well, he could fail, if that happens then that would be unfortunate and a certain waste of talent. If the WWE waste him the I hope he jumps ship to TNA or some other promotion, may be less glamorous and well paid but at least he would get to showcase his talents somewhere else.
Eddie Ray is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #2687 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Hoxsfan206 is an after thought
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashingtonD View Post
I'm not insulting him, I'm just pointing out this fanboyism of his has reached unreal levels of ridiculousness, before he's even done shit.

You're simply putting words in my mouth. When did I ever say I want him out of a job? In fact, I'm intrigued to see him, but not to the point of some people on here who probably wouldn't object to him ending Taker's streak in his first match.

I said he reminded me of David Flair as somewhat of a compliment. I liked David Flair. But I also stated that to point out he has a long way to go before he's a fully well-rounded wrestler, as David Flair wasn't ever more than a mid-card guy himself.

It just seems like to me you're being overly caustic with your words because I've hit a nerve with my statement. Either that, or you're just bitter for some reason.
But you did call him a "no-name" which is sort of an insult.

Oh, that last part wasn't directed towards you, that was just on my mind because others in this thread were saying stupid shit like "I hope he gets fired so I don't have to deal with his fans.....ON A DAMN FORUM". People really need to put shit in prospective.

I was being overly caustic, I understand that, I was half sleep, lmao. Maybe slightly bitter that this fucker hasn't debuted for some reason but my mistake for somewhat taking it out on you.
Hoxsfan206 is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #2688 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Eddie Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,493
Eddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friendsEddie Ray needs to make some friends
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

calling someone a 'no-name' then getting annoyed about him being brought up all the time is a contradiction also...just saying

_____________
Eddie Ray is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #2689 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 239
Mike Hauncho
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Another Raw and no Dean Ambrose. We are now looking at a October 29th debut at the earliest- a full 7 months since he was pulled from any TV recordings. Very, very sad. This young man's career is being wasted. 7 months of being sidelined not because of injury, not because of suspension, but rather because creative has nothing for him. I honestly would have quit.
Mike Hauncho is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #2690 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
JoseDRiveraTCR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,660
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ray View Post
your points are convoluted and make no sense. you came onto an AMBROSE THREAD so what the hell do you expect. I've only seen him mentioned in passing on other threads, being raised as a possible person for a storyline, perfectly reasonable, nothing wrong with that OR threads bitching about him which kinda count as an ambrose thread.

your argument is literally "it annoys me, so instead of ignoring it and moving on with my life, i hope he gets fired" that is not hyperbole my friend, that is basically what you are saying.

Also, can I just make one more point...if everyone is apparently talking about him then surely thats for a reason. stop being a wrestling hipster, there is so many of them these days. "i dont like X cause X has sooooo many fans and thats just not cool".

also no, the ECW comment had nothing to do with you, I was responding to the guys giving their ideas, ya know, on an Ambrose thread.
I wasn't being literal when I said I wanted him fired. I ended my main argument with with how I truly feel which was asking some of you to calm down when it comes to him. The only way you could interepet what I said as reaffirming that I want him to get fired is if you took what I orginally said literally and read my next post with that perpestive.

And I'm not being a wrestling "hipster", which ironically you are since you said you like Ambrose because he's the antithesis of everything you don't like in the WWE. I'm still a fan of Amrbose, but I'm tired of his overzealous marks.
__________________
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios