Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread - Page 216 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #2151 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,015
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankOfRate View Post
Hm. So it's good to know I am not allowed to get invested in wrestlers, care about the on-goings of wrestling, be genuinely excited and interested in wrestling (BCOZ WWE WILL RUIN IT ALL DUH), or just, I don't know, be a wrestling fan in general. You know what? Fuck all the bullshit and negativity and UGHHHH of wrestling fans (which is what you all are, supposedly). Who CARES if someone's an ~indy guy~? Who cares if someone's supposedly not big enough? Or they're matches are too spotty? Or their promos aren't good enough? Or they don't look good enough or they're not talented to go far in WWE so we shouldn't care or they're TOO talented to go far in WWE so we REALLY shouldn't care because then we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment because god forbid a wrestling fan just wants to fucking enjoy pro wrestling without giving a fuck about how far this guy can go or whether they'll be wasted or WHATEVER.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: stop taking it all so damn seriously. Crying about what potentially might or might not happen to the point where it's preventing you from enjoying what's happening right now is the most unfathomable, laughable bullshit. So what if Ambrose hasn't debuted yet? You realize not being on the main roster doesn't mean you're in a vacuum of inactivity, right? PoisonMouse (who is a total saint btw) just posted a list of stuff that is better than the majority of what we see on TV, yet we're not allowed to be excited about it because it's not on TV? Well, whatever. FUCK TV. If Ambrose never gets on TV and remains in FCW forever, I will be damn pleased about the greatness he produces there. Because that is pro wrestling and I am -gasssssppppp- a pro wrestling fan.

So yeah, I'm going to hype about Dean Ambrose. And I will continue to hype until he appears on TV. And then I will hype even harder. Whether he's doing the same shit up there, or if he turns up as Doink the Clown or Santino's trusty sidekick, because I just want to be fuckin' entertained. And yeah, whatever, I will "overrate" him, just as I will "overrate" all of my favourite wrestlers, because god forbid a wrestling fan has favourite wrestlers. The word "overrated" is overrated. Stop being so pretentious and too kewl for school and whatever. Just let wrestling fans be wrestling fans for fuck's sake. (unless they're Jinder Mahal fans; then you have every right to cuss 'em out.) UGH

*takes drag of cigarette*
Post of the year, my friend. Like your quote in the sig, this is the truth. People take wrestling so damn seriously to the point it's like why do you even still watch. I have no problem with people discussing and predicting the future like they do with a movie or a tv series, but there's fans out there that says things like "Fuck PG, Fuck the kids they can watch something else", that it's like Wow.
Combat Analyst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #2152 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,561
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankOfRate View Post
Hm. So it's good to know I am not allowed to get invested in wrestlers, care about the on-goings of wrestling, be genuinely excited and interested in wrestling (BCOZ WWE WILL RUIN IT ALL DUH), or just, I don't know, be a wrestling fan in general. You know what? Fuck all the bullshit and negativity and UGHHHH of wrestling fans (which is what you all are, supposedly). Who CARES if someone's an ~indy guy~? Who cares if someone's supposedly not big enough? Or they're matches are too spotty? Or their promos aren't good enough? Or they don't look good enough or they're not talented to go far in WWE so we shouldn't care or they're TOO talented to go far in WWE so we REALLY shouldn't care because then we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment because god forbid a wrestling fan just wants to fucking enjoy pro wrestling without giving a fuck about how far this guy can go or whether they'll be wasted or WHATEVER.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: stop taking it all so damn seriously. Crying about what potentially might or might not happen to the point where it's preventing you from enjoying what's happening right now is the most unfathomable, laughable bullshit. So what if Ambrose hasn't debuted yet? You realize not being on the main roster doesn't mean you're in a vacuum of inactivity, right? PoisonMouse (who is a total saint btw) just posted a list of stuff that is better than the majority of what we see on TV, yet we're not allowed to be excited about it because it's not on TV? Well, whatever. FUCK TV. If Ambrose never gets on TV and remains in FCW forever, I will be damn pleased about the greatness he produces there. Because that is pro wrestling and I am -gasssssppppp- a pro wrestling fan.

So yeah, I'm going to hype about Dean Ambrose. And I will continue to hype until he appears on TV. And then I will hype even harder. Whether he's doing the same shit up there, or if he turns up as Doink the Clown or Santino's trusty sidekick, because I just want to be fuckin' entertained. And yeah, whatever, I will "overrate" him, just as I will "overrate" all of my favourite wrestlers, because god forbid a wrestling fan has favourite wrestlers. The word "overrated" is overrated. Stop being so pretentious and too kewl for school and whatever. Just let wrestling fans be wrestling fans for fuck's sake. (unless they're Jinder Mahal fans; then you have every right to cuss 'em out.) UGH

*takes drag of cigarette*
Great post. So much truth.
Especially the part that delusional Ambrose marks will continue to call him the greatest thing in WWE, even if he ends as the sidekick of Santino.
That's like being excited and entertained by the Eugene character in 2004 because Nick Dinsmore is so great, or thinking that Spirit Squad was the greatest stable in the world because Dolph Ziggler was a member or saying that Mr. America was one of the greatest gimmicks of all time because Hogan was under the mask. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?
That means if he acts like Orlando Jordan did in TNA you would still think it's great because it's Dean Freakin Ambrose. I even believe that you marks would still think it's great
But at least you admit that he can end up with a shitty gimmick, I even think you are the only Ambrose mark who thinks that there might be a possibility that he could end with a shitty gimmick.
All other Ambrose marks think there is no way in hell that somebody like the great Dean Ambrose would not be the future of this business.
Look at all the names in the past who made a name for themselves before they came to WWE. Vader, Harley Race, DDP, Dusty Rhodes, Tazz, Sandman, Jerry Lawler, Raven, Lex Luger, Ron Simmons, Terry Funk and when they came to WWE they achieved nothing compared to what they achieved somewhere else.
Just for the record. This company misused greats like Vader, Rhodes and Race and you are sure that there is no way in hell that WWE will not push Ambrose who is a nobody compared to the legends I listed?
Yeah right
DualShock is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #2153 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,015
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
Great post. So much truth.
Especially the part that delusional Ambrose marks will continue to call him the greatest thing in WWE, even if he ends as the sidekick of Santino.
That's like being excited and entertained by the Eugene character in 2004 because Nick Dinsmore is so great, or thinking that Spirit Squad was the greatest stable in the world because Dolph Ziggler was a member or saying that Mr. America was one of the greatest gimmicks of all time because Hogan was under the mask. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?
That means if he acts like Orlando Jordan did in TNA you would still think it's great because it's Dean Freakin Ambrose. I even believe that you marks would still think it's great
But at least you admit that he can end up with a shitty gimmick, I even think you are the only Ambrose mark who thinks that there might be a possibility that he could end with a shitty gimmick.
All other Ambrose marks think there is no way in hell that somebody like the great Dean Ambrose would not be the future of this business.
Look at all the names in the past who made a name for themselves before they came to WWE. Vader, Harley Race, DDP, Dusty Rhodes, Tazz, Sandman, Jerry Lawler, Raven, Lex Luger, Ron Simmons, Terry Funk and when they came to WWE they achieved nothing compared to what they achieved somewhere else.
Just for the record. This company misused greats like Vader, Rhodes and Race and you are sure that there is no way in hell that WWE will not push Ambrose who is a nobody compared to the legends I listed?
Yeah right
Yeah that's not called being a mark, That's called being a real fan. A real fan of wrestler sticks with their wrestler through thick and thin even when they're good, and sometimes they're sucking. Wrestling fans have lost sight of that and are now quick to hop on bandwagons, and hop off them, depending on who's hot and who's not.
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #2154 (permalink)
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,021
Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

It's also worth noting that guys like Vader, Race, Rhodes, &c all had legions of worshippers before, during and after their "misuse". Why should it be any different for Ambrose?
__________________


Mister Hands is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #2155 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,561
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Post of the year, my friend. Like your quote in the sig, this is the truth. People take wrestling so damn seriously to the point it's like why do you even still watch. I have no problem with people discussing and predicting the future like they do with a movie or a tv series, but there's fans out there that says things like "Fuck PG, Fuck the kids they can watch something else", that it's like Wow.
Of all things wrestlingfans say you are shocked because some fans say "fuck PG and the kids can watch something else"?
Because I am the first one who says fuck PG, the kids can watch something else.
Because of the kids, soccer moms and Linda we must watch this fat piece of shit who thinks he is a dinosaur who dances with 50 children in the ring, hypocritical Be A Star and Cena with kids videos and grown men who act like they hate each other but they don't swear or bust each other open.
Fuck PG and go watch something else
DualShock is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #2156 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,983
Stanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friends
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
Great post. So much truth.
Especially the part that delusional Ambrose marks will continue to call him the greatest thing in WWE, even if he ends as the sidekick of Santino.
That's like being excited and entertained by the Eugene character in 2004 because Nick Dinsmore is so great, or thinking that Spirit Squad was the greatest stable in the world because Dolph Ziggler was a member or saying that Mr. America was one of the greatest gimmicks of all time because Hogan was under the mask. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?
That means if he acts like Orlando Jordan did in TNA you would still think it's great because it's Dean Freakin Ambrose. I even believe that you marks would still think it's great
But at least you admit that he can end up with a shitty gimmick, I even think you are the only Ambrose mark who thinks that there might be a possibility that he could end with a shitty gimmick.
All other Ambrose marks think there is no way in hell that somebody like the great Dean Ambrose would not be the future of this business.
Look at all the names in the past who made a name for themselves before they came to WWE. Vader, Harley Race, DDP, Dusty Rhodes, Tazz, Sandman, Jerry Lawler, Raven, Lex Luger, Ron Simmons, Terry Funk and when they came to WWE they achieved nothing compared to what they achieved somewhere else.
Just for the record. This company misused greats like Vader, Rhodes and Race and you are sure that there is no way in hell that WWE will not push Ambrose who is a nobody compared to the legends I listed?
Yeah right
You should probably read his post a couple more times.
Stanford is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #2157 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,561
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hands View Post
It's also worth noting that guys like Vader, Race, Rhodes, &c all had legions of worshippers before, during and after their "misuse". Why should it be any different for Ambrose?
The difference is that I can be a fan of Vader before, during and after his WWE run, but it's stupid for me to say that he has changed WWE during his run and that's what Ambrose marks do in this forum. The GOAT, the future, someone who will change the WWE and even this business.
The problem in this forum is not that someone is a Dean Ambrose fan, the problem is that bullshit people wrote where they guarantee that he will be the star of the company.

Who knows, maybe he will have a WWE career like CM Punk but maybe he will end like Low Ki.

Of course the guys like Vader, Race and Rhodes had still fans after their terrible WWE careers, my point was that they never accomplished things in WWE they accomplished in WCW and NWA and that there is no guarantee that you will make it in WWE because you made it somewhere else
DualShock is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #2158 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Davion McCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 765
Davion McCool needs to take rep more seriousDavion McCool needs to take rep more seriousDavion McCool needs to take rep more seriousDavion McCool needs to take rep more seriousDavion McCool needs to take rep more seriousDavion McCool needs to take rep more seriousDavion McCool needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
Great post. So much truth.
Especially the part that delusional Ambrose marks will continue to call him the greatest thing in WWE, even if he ends as the sidekick of Santino.
That's like being excited and entertained by the Eugene character in 2004 because Nick Dinsmore is so great, or thinking that Spirit Squad was the greatest stable in the world because Dolph Ziggler was a member or saying that Mr. America was one of the greatest gimmicks of all time because Hogan was under the mask. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?
That means if he acts like Orlando Jordan did in TNA you would still think it's great because it's Dean Freakin Ambrose. I even believe that you marks would still think it's great
But at least you admit that he can end up with a shitty gimmick, I even think you are the only Ambrose mark who thinks that there might be a possibility that he could end with a shitty gimmick.
All other Ambrose marks think there is no way in hell that somebody like the great Dean Ambrose would not be the future of this business.
Look at all the names in the past who made a name for themselves before they came to WWE. Vader, Harley Race, DDP, Dusty Rhodes, Tazz, Sandman, Jerry Lawler, Raven, Lex Luger, Ron Simmons, Terry Funk and when they came to WWE they achieved nothing compared to what they achieved somewhere else.
Just for the record. This company misused greats like Vader, Rhodes and Race and you are sure that there is no way in hell that WWE will not push Ambrose who is a nobody compared to the legends I listed?
Yeah right
Putting aside the handbags between you two, you do realise that everyone started out as a nobody, all those you listed included, right? The very fact you think of them as great talents who were misused undermines your argument right away. Anyway, the only two wrestlers to make it to the WWE main roster in recent years with more buzz behind them than Dean Ambrose are CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, and they are doing alright, aren't they? The two have not left the main event all year, they've formed the centrepiece of much of WWE's booking for a long time now. Maybe, just maybe, something is changing. Reports are, all the right people are pretty big on Dean Ambrose, so fingers crossed he might actually be used well. Though I don't think any of us are really holding our breath . Honestly, it will just be nice to see him use whatever opportunity he is given. So far in his career, Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley as completely refused to disappoint. He's stepped up every time and exceeded expectations.
__________________

I mark for (right now):

William Regal
CM Punk
Mike Quackenbush
Dean Ambrose
Cesaro
Daniel Bryan
Paige
Bad News Barrett


Infinite marking and endless love for:

Eddie Guerrero
Larry Sweeney
Macho Man Randy Savage
Davion McCool is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #2159 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,015
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
Of all things wrestlingfans say you are shocked because some fans say "fuck PG and the kids can watch something else"?
Because I am the first one who says fuck PG, the kids can watch something else.
Because of the kids, soccer moms and Linda we must watch this fat piece of shit who thinks he is a dinosaur who dances with 50 children in the ring, hypocritical Be A Star and Cena with kids videos and grown men who act like they hate each other but they don't swear or bust each other open.
Fuck PG and go watch something else
I'm not shocked. It just really sickens me how people love wrestling to the point, where they pretty much treat as if kids aren't humans themselves. If you really need nude women, cursing, and blood to fulfill you, I don't think PG is your problem.
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #2160 (permalink)
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,021
Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
The difference is that I can be a fan of Vader before, during and after his WWE run, but it's stupid for me to say that he has changed WWE during his run and that's what Ambrose marks do in this forum. The GOAT, the future, someone who will change the WWE and even this business.
The problem in this forum is not that someone is a Dean Ambrose fan, the problem is that bullshit people wrote where they guarantee that he will be the star of the company.

Who knows, maybe he will have a WWE career like CM Punk but maybe he will end like Low Ki.

Of course the guys like Vader, Race and Rhodes had still fans after their terrible WWE careers, my point was that they never accomplished things in WWE they accomplished in WCW and NWA and that there is no guarantee that you will make it in WWE because you made it somewhere else
1. No one's claiming he's "changed the WWE" during his run. Because he hasn't had a run. We're excited, not exempt from the linear passage of time.
2. Even if he doesn't make it in the WWE, it's not irrational to blame that on the visibly creatively vacuous megacorporation rather than Ambrose himself, or to content ourselves with whatever success he achieves.
3. Entertaining any notion of stifling your fandom because he'll only be misused before he's even debuted is so stupidly presumptive. Optimism might be misguided, but so is genuine human love, and that's still a nice thing generally.
__________________


Mister Hands is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios