Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread - Page 203 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2021 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being happy. -Robert Louis Stevenson
 
Funkmaster DROW the X-Mas Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Staying on Alcatraz for the Holidays
Posts: 12,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
And you think that's funny?

The state of the WWE roster is absolutely abyssmal and people laugh at an amazing talent because WWE won't call him up. Sad.
No, I don't think it's funny, exactly (if anything I'm laughing at the woeful creative [mis]management in WWE), but there's nothing any of us can do about it. I'm not going to wring my hands over the fact he hasn't debuted yet. It's become clear that the "feud" or whatever with Foley imploded, I suppose because Foley took umbrage to Ambrose's behavior and ever since then WWE has had no idea whatsoever what to do with him. At this point, they might as well wait until the Raw the night after Summerslam or simply wait until Raw is held from Chicago on September 3, where a lot of fans are going to know him and pop for him to give him a classy debut.

It's a shame, honestly, but unless he's truly made a bunch of enemies or something, I can't see him not debuting at some point in the near future. The only piece of news that is truly disheartening to me is that he is no longer working dark matches at TV tapings or on the road at house shows. That's either a good sign or a bad sign or just WWE being the messy, screwed up place it all too often is (which is a bad thing, overall).

Funkmaster DROW the X-Mas Hero is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2022 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolationRow View Post
No, I don't think it's funny, exactly (if anything I'm laughing at the woeful creative [mis]management in WWE), but there's nothing any of us can do about it. I'm not going to wring my hands over the fact he hasn't debuted yet. It's become clear that the "feud" or whatever with Foley imploded, I suppose because Foley took umbrage to Ambrose's behavior and ever since then WWE has had no idea whatsoever what to do with him. At this point, they might as well wait until the Raw the night after Summerslam or simply wait until Raw is held from Chicago on September 3, where a lot of fans are going to know him and pop for him to give him a classy debut.

It's a shame, honestly, but unless he's truly made a bunch of enemies or something, I can't see him not debuting at some point in the near future. The only piece of news that is truly disheartening to me is that he is no longer working dark matches at TV tapings or on the road at house shows. That's either a good sign or a bad sign or just WWE being the messy, screwed up place it all too often is (which is a bad thing, overall).
Fair enough.

Unless he debuts next week in his home town, though, which would be odd because we've had no vignettes or anything to signal that, I think it's going to be a LONG time. Probably not until April when WrestleMania is over and the new talent usually comes in, and no, that's completely unacceptable, but if they don't do it next week, he'll be stuck in FCW for months. He's not gonna debut after SummerSlam or in Chicago, they had an opportunity to do it on the 1000'th Raw, they said new talent will debut on the 1000'th Raw and they lied, like they always do. The only reason I'm even holding out the slightest hope that he debuts next week is it's in his home town, and maybe they think that the new talent should come in during "the new era", which Raw 1001 unofficially is. But once Monday comes and he still doesn't show up, it's going to be a long wait, and that'll prove once and for all where they stand on him as a talent. Longer than necessary by far and a complete waste of talent. By the end of the year, if he's not in a big angle it'll be an absolute travesty.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:


Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 07-25-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #2023 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
The Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Another question, why is everyone suggesting he feud with Mick Foley?

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic195125_16.gif
Knees 2 Faces
24/7
365
The Storm is offline  
post #2024 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 PM
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being happy. -Robert Louis Stevenson
 
Funkmaster DROW the X-Mas Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Staying on Alcatraz for the Holidays
Posts: 12,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Good point about debuting in his hometown. I suppose that is a possibility, especially when you couple it to be "Raw 1,001" and the beginning of a "new era" like you say. That could potentially be very interesting, if done well. But somehow I'm not expecting him to appear until after Summerslam (they tend to debut somebody the week after Summerslam, two years ago it was Del Rio) or maybe Chicago on September 3...

I think it's a rotten shame that the feud with Foley, which held so much ridiculous potential, seems to be off. Guess those reports about Foley's posting several months ago being a "work" was off, unless this is the most patient angle the WWE's come up with since God knows when (which, I'm 99.9% sure, it isn't).

Funkmaster DROW the X-Mas Hero is offline  
post #2025 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

He won't. I'm just throwing it out there because it is his hometown and it's Raw 1001, but it'll never happen. That's simply too much faith to put into this sinking ship known as WWE.

I don't recall WWE regularly debuting talent after SummerSlam other than Del Rio and he had 2 to 3 months worth of vignettes anyway. That hasn't happened here.

The feud with Foley being cancelled is shameful. Foley got worked up like a bitch and pulled the plug, embarassing. Lost some respect for him, holding up one of the best prospects in the world. We can't have Ambrose but we have all the embarassments running around with WHC's and MITB briefcases, makes me sick.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:


Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 07-25-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #2026 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:52 PM
In Jericho, we trust
 
-Skullbone-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: G'day!
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

I have a sneaking suspicion that the company may have felt the storyline's premise may have been over the heads of too many casuals or taken the attention off the happenings of the main event picture.
-Skullbone- is offline  
post #2027 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:35 PM
x78
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
x78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skullbone- View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that the company may have felt the storyline's premise may have been over the heads of too many casuals or taken the attention off the happenings of the main event picture.
How would it be over their heads? If anything, I think it would appeal to casuals even more than regular viewers - hardcore wrestling and the resulting injuries are a bit of a taboo subject in the mainstream media. The storyline was perfect, yes it would have been close to the bone but that's what is needed to really captivate people.

Reports state the storyline was scrapped because Foley was unhappy that Ambrose mentioned his kids or something, which is pretty pathetic if true. I also have a feeling it may be something to do with Linda's senate campaign, which would be even more pathetic.
x78 is offline  
post #2028 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 PM
In Jericho, we trust
 
-Skullbone-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: G'day!
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by x78 View Post
How would it be over their heads? If anything, I think it would appeal to casuals even more than regular viewers - hardcore wrestling and the resulting injuries are a bit of a taboo subject in the mainstream media. The storyline was perfect, yes it would have been close to the bone but that's what is needed to really captivate people.

Reports state the storyline was scrapped because Foley was unhappy that Ambrose mentioned his kids or something, which is pretty pathetic if true. I also have a feeling it may be something to do with Linda's senate campaign, which would be even more pathetic.
Oh, I completely agree with all that you said. And I think most casuals would lap it up no matter how the company apparently perceives most of its fanbases' intelligence. I don't, however, doubt that the company has fears over the sort of material could be used in the feud (ie: fearful that people won't remember or care about Foley's earlier career, which appears to be the motive behind Ambrose's stinging retorts). Better yet, I also hold concerns over if they would want (or wrongfully perceive) anything that may overshadow their main event scene or main players. Take into account how sterile and 'safe' (Attitude Era-lite in some cases) most of the programs have been and that doesn't exactly form the recipe for addressing the 'taboos' as you pointed out.

That's the sort of thing that really holds back wrestling for me and others who want a little more bang for their buck. Take for example that Bray Wyatt character. I honestly cannot see him having any real feud or program of substance nowadays if on the main programs due to how his character has some legs which are established outside the wrestling ring. Furthermore, I can't even think of any current personalities he could work with that would be complimentative or has relevance to his character. You'll probably see him in eight months involved in some singing rodeo skit or transforming back into Husky Harris with an accentuated drawl.

I have my doubts Foley would puss out on such a subject. He's been involved in the wrestling industry too long for me to believe he's as soft as those reports make him out to be.
-Skullbone- is offline  
post #2029 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skullbone- View Post
Oh, I completely agree with all that you said. And I think most casuals would lap it up no matter how the company apparently perceives most of its fanbases' intelligence. I don't, however, doubt that the company has fears over the sort of material could be used in the feud (ie: fearful that people won't remember or care about Foley's earlier career, which appears to be the motive behind Ambrose's stinging retorts). Better yet, I also hold concerns over if they would want (or wrongfully perceive) anything that may overshadow their main event scene or main players. Take into account how sterile and 'safe' (Attitude Era-lite in some cases) most of the programs have been and that doesn't exactly form the recipe for addressing the 'taboos' as you pointed out.

That's the sort of thing that really holds back wrestling for me and others who want a little more bang for their buck. Take for example that Bray Wyatt character. I honestly cannot see him having any real feud or program of substance nowadays if on the main programs due to how his character has some legs which are established outside the wrestling ring. Furthermore, I can't even think of any current personalities he could work with that would be complimentative or has relevance to his character. You'll probably see him in eight months involved in some singing rodeo skit or transforming back into Husky Harris with an accentuated drawl.

I have my doubts Foley would puss out on such a subject. He's been involved in the wrestling industry too long for me to believe he's as soft as those reports make him out to be.
This. Bray Wyatt's character doesn't mesh well with any of the other WWE superstars.
Combat Analyst is offline  
post #2030 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 PM
In Jericho, we trust
 
-Skullbone-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: G'day!
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

I'd love to be proven wrong on that. Maybe they'll send someone to step up to the plate when they get their game together as well.
-Skullbone- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome