Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread - Page 182 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1811 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paper Street
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDandtheBoyz View Post
If I have to watch every thing he's ever done he cant be that good. If he was so good I could see that from the dozen videos of his I watched. Maybe my opinion will change once he gets brought up to the main roster. Not like my opinion means anything, just saying I dont see it.
It's okay. Ambrose doesn't really need you're support to become a huge star that he's destined to become eventually.


Credit: GOATviaDQ
Ray is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1812 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Striketeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Amazing. The Ambrose/Regal feud has been so well done. Loved the ending and can't wait to see Ambrose in WWE.

Striketeam is offline  
post #1813 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
berrysi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Regal put on a real masterclass in that match, tis a shame Regal hasn't been given more opportunity to do likewise on big stage.
berrysi is offline  
post #1814 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Working on my abs
 
TheWFEffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Amazing ending to a perfect storyline Goodbye FCW the place where the ideal of wrestling was still alive hopefully NXT in the coming month will get itself sorted out.

.
TheWFEffect is offline  
post #1815 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Derrick Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

I hope Ambrose is going to be used in an awesome way when he debuts, this is something they really shouldnt ruin

NBA Best In The World
Derrick Rose is offline  
post #1816 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psx71 View Post
It's okay. Ambrose doesn't really need you're support to become a huge star that he's destined to become eventually.
Don't be so confident. The fact that he's so good will probably hold him back. WWE wants guys like Ziggler and Bryan, they don't appreciate awesomeness anymore.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:

Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #1817 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 670
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDandtheBoyz View Post
If I have to watch every thing he's ever done he cant be that good. If he was so good I could see that from the dozen videos of his I watched. Maybe my opinion will change once he gets brought up to the main roster. Not like my opinion means anything, just saying I dont see it.
As a response to your first post, I would adivise to watch his promos as opposed to his matches. Ambrose (in my opinion) is pretty good in the ring. Not great but but pretty good. Even though he is not great he makes up for it w/ other thinks like in-ring psychology and his ability to his opponents to look good.

But his in ring skills is not where most of his hype comes from. It comes mostly from his promo work. When he talks, he sounds real not forced. He is great at connecting to the crowd and getting a response from it. That is where most of his hype comes from.
TD Stinger is offline  
post #1818 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paper Street
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Don't be so confident. The fact that he's so good will probably hold him back. WWE wants guys like Ziggler and Bryan, they don't appreciate awesomeness anymore.
First off, holy shit, you're post count.

Second, I think if he becomes that good in the E and is putting on the best matches or best promo's every night, the crowd will force WWE to push them. ie. CM Punk and Bryan and (a little bit) of Ryder.


Credit: GOATviaDQ
Ray is offline  
post #1819 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Don't be so confident. The fact that he's so good will probably hold him back. WWE wants guys like Ziggler and Bryan, they don't appreciate awesomeness anymore.
That's a pretty ass-backwards statement dude, no matter how little you think about in-ring work. The fact is, the WWE appreciate in-ring work the same as promo work or guys like Bryan and Ziggler wouldn't be current/future main-eventers. There needs to be a solid balance for wrestling to be great. They can't just trot out Miz clones and except people to love it, or they would go out of business. Both Ziggler and Bryan being main-eventers proves that the WWE actually DOES appreciate awesomeness.

"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock
THANOS is offline  
post #1820 of 3754 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psx71 View Post
First off, holy shit, you're post count.

Second, I think if he becomes that good in the E and is putting on the best matches or best promo's every night, the crowd will force WWE to push them. ie. CM Punk and Bryan and (a little bit) of Ryder.
The crowd doesn't force Vince to push anyone. Look at Christian and Rob Van Dam. Yeah, they won a world title, a fast, cheap, uncredible title win, and it took them circumstances that if they hadn't happened, they never would've gotten those runs. They got almost nothing for their overness, in fact, they did get nothing for their overness because it wasn't their overness that got them pushed, it was other things.

Is Ambrose a future World Heavyweight Champion? For whatever the fuck that midcard world title is worth, yes, probably. Everybody except Barrett is gonna hold that title at some point in the future.

Is he a future WWE Champion? Most likely no.

Is he a future HUGE star? Most likely no.

Is that his fault? 100% no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
That's a pretty ass-backwards statement dude, no matter how little you think about in-ring work. The fact is, the WWE appreciate in-ring work the same as promo work or guys like Bryan and Ziggler wouldn't be current/future main-eventers. There needs to be a solid balance for wrestling to be great. They can't just trot out Miz clones and except people to love it, or they would go out of business. Both Ziggler and Bryan being main-eventers proves that the WWE actually DOES appreciate awesomeness.
Yeah, they appreciate in ring awesomeness, not general awesomeness. The problem is, in ring work is NOT entertaining, in ring work does NOT sell tickets, and the foundation of the WWE, what makes stars, real, giant stars, is mic skills, charisma, and stage presence. A formula they have completely thrown out the window, which is why the ratings are down, nobody watches anymore and after the network fails and costs them millions, along with their failures in pushing talent and with Vince getting older and increasingly reducing his role, their marketing will go to shit and they'll probably be out of business in 10 to 15 years.

Balance, you say? There is NO balance. It's 100% wrestling ability now, everybody is fucking BORING. They don't push people who can talk anymore, they just don't do it. This era SUCKS. Dean Malenko would be a world champion in today's WWE. Sad. They need a revamp of their strategy.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:


Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 07-16-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome