The next WWE Tryout - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #41 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
sXeMope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,665
sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500sXeMope 2001 - 2500
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

It's cool to see Steen get a tryout but I'd be very surprised to see him signed tbh. He has the talent and the mic skills but I think his look will really prevent him from getting signed because, as good as he is, I think the look is just as, if not more important than the talent when it comes to being a star in WWE. He wrestles in shorts and a T-shirt, and if you look at the current NXT roster page he would look VERY out of place. Even if they gave him proper wrestling gear he would still stick out like a sore thumb.
__________________


sXeMope is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,128
Casual Fan #52 251 - 500Casual Fan #52 251 - 500Casual Fan #52 251 - 500Casual Fan #52 251 - 500
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

Steen looks like a fat John Cena. You could him with black John Cena, Darren Young.
__________________
Chikara Rules!

All power to the Estonian Thunder Frog and Latvian Proud Oak!
Casual Fan #52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Japanese Puroresu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 857
Japanese Puroresu 251 - 500Japanese Puroresu 251 - 500Japanese Puroresu 251 - 500
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantango View Post
You're comparing a fatass like Steen to a guy like Bray Wyatt who actually has a bit of definition and doesn't have a giant beer gut, as well as with a former fucking Olympian and strongman in his twilight years. You have no argument.


1. most recent Steen picture

2. Harris has a gut and still does

3. Worlds strongest man doesn't mean he isn't obese.

4. You have no argument, son. Sit down.
__________________
Quote:
This Is Sum Bull Man. I Knew This Match Was Gonna Happen Because On Raw When The Sheild Beat Team Hell No At The End Of The Match They Held The Tag Titles And They Did The Same To Kofi. Kane And Brian Better Win Or Its Gonna Be To Scripted
Japanese Puroresu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
DetroitRiverPhx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,786
DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500DetroitRiverPhx 1001 - 1500
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

^Steen does look much better than I last remember him - and depending when that pic was taken he probably had another month before the try-outs, and if he's taking these try-outs seriously and looking to be in the best shape possible he could drop another 15lbs before then.

I'd probably put his chances at 50-50, because wwe has signed worse to developmental and for all accounts they're high on Zayn and I'm sure Sami will have put in a good word for his indie running buddy. I don't think whether he gets signed or not will come down to look but rather if he can play a character other than "badass" because those are saved for top card guys and no rookie will debut as one so he needs to character range. Is he willing/able to show ass and fully embrace a silly gimmick like Brodus Clay or Fandango?

Everybody comparing Steen to Bray Wyatt is off-base. Wyatt is a lagacy and probably wouldn't have been hired as an indie off the street (before Bray Wyatt gimmick) with his look and girth. Looking at all the developmentals only Bull Dempsey seems to be chunky/fat, the rest are all various levels of muscled up and/or ripped.
__________________
#DontBeALemonBeARosebud

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/xsigpic208332_1.gif.pagespeed.ic.dQM_V9FQw_.jpg
DetroitRiverPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
rockdig1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 667
rockdig1228 501 - 1000rockdig1228 501 - 1000rockdig1228 501 - 1000rockdig1228 501 - 1000rockdig1228 501 - 1000rockdig1228 501 - 1000
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitRiverPhx View Post
I'd probably put his chances at 50-50, because wwe has signed worse to developmental and for all accounts they're high on Zayn and I'm sure Sami will have put in a good word for his indie running buddy. I don't think whether he gets signed or not will come down to look but rather if he can play a character other than "badass" because those are saved for top card guys and no rookie will debut as one so he needs to character range. Is he willing/able to show ass and fully embrace a silly gimmick like Brodus Clay or Fandango?
I think this sums it up.

And just by looking at some of his work in the past, I have no doubt that Steen would be willing to do something outlandish to get noticed. He's not above making himself look silly, as evidenced by his current run in PWG where he's wearing tie-dye and bell bottoms like the Young Bucks. Or even his tag team run with Akira Tozawa, where they kissed each other on the lips - pretty sure he's gone on the record and said it wasn't planned, but he thought it was funny and the crowd got a kick out of it.

Hope he gets a fair shake. The guy loves wrestling, he's a born entertainer, and he's got people willing to vouch for him. Best of luck to him, I'll be rooting for the guy.
rockdig1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
elhijodelbodallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: UK Location: Posts: 527 Location: Posts: 528 Location: Posts: 529 Location: Posts: 530 Location: Posts: 531 Location: UK Location:
Posts: 552
elhijodelbodallas is being a bitchelhijodelbodallas is being a bitch
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdig1228 View Post
I think this sums it up.

And just by looking at some of his work in the past, I have no doubt that Steen would be willing to do something outlandish to get noticed. He's not above making himself look silly, as evidenced by his current run in PWG where he's wearing tie-dye and bell bottoms like the Young Bucks. Or even his tag team run with Akira Tozawa, where they kissed each other on the lips - pretty sure he's gone on the record and said it wasn't planned, but he thought it was funny and the crowd got a kick out of it.

Hope he gets a fair shake. The guy loves wrestling, he's a born entertainer, and he's got people willing to vouch for him. Best of luck to him, I'll be rooting for the guy.
Great post man. That Phantango dude is way off here.
__________________
elhijodelbodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #47 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
RDEvans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,608
RDEvans 501 - 1000RDEvans 501 - 1000RDEvans 501 - 1000RDEvans 501 - 1000RDEvans 501 - 1000RDEvans 501 - 1000
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionado View Post
Was hoping to see Silas Young's name on that list.
Problem with Silas young is that he's 33 going on 34 and WWE doesn't seem to really want to hire guys in their mid 30's ( see joey Ryan)
__________________
http://www.pwponderings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ROHtv0322-05.jpg
RDEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 25
ScizzlerMcNasty 50 - 100
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

First i'd like to say i am a steen fan, and think he is undeniably one of the most talented performers on the indies currently. i also believe he has the talent and potential to make an impact in the wwe. the problem i see is not necesarily the way he looks, its that he looks that way because he "never" works out, and wwe may question his dedication and work ethic, which is the last thing you'd want questioned. its also a health issue, because obviously he would be working alot more in wwe than he does now and how would his body hold up to it without getting injured?
then again maybe none of this would be an issue and he'd be a perfect fit lol.
ScizzlerMcNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
Trent!
 
Mon Joxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,185
Mon Joxley 501 - 1000Mon Joxley 501 - 1000Mon Joxley 501 - 1000Mon Joxley 501 - 1000Mon Joxley 501 - 1000Mon Joxley 501 - 1000
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Puroresu View Post


1. most recent Steen picture

2. Harris has a gut and still does

3. Worlds strongest man doesn't mean he isn't obese.

4. You have no argument, son. Sit down.
1. It's an improvement but he could still lose a few dozen pounds of fat.

2. Apples and oranges.

3. You're comparing a former Olympic powerlifter and strongman, athletes who generally carry a lot of fat, who's 42 and in his twilight years to an out-of-shape indy worker who's in his athletic prime.

4. What's your argument again?


Keep in mind I'm a fan of Kevin Steen. I'd just like to see him improve his look and get a shot at the big time. If they hired him now, however, I'd still mark out.
__________________
Mon Joxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #50 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,634
p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500p862011 1001 - 1500
Default Re: The next WWE Tryout

steen needs to change his look guys like him and chris hero just look like indy guys and not in a good way

look at cm punk he was this and looked like an indy guy too


then he looked like this


even moxley/ambrose went from looking like this


to this


just get in shape and clean yourself up a bit
p862011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios